Start by marking “Loving Control (Club Rio Brava, #1)” as Want to Read:
Loving Control (Club Rio Brava, #1)

Loving Control (Club Rio Brava #1)

3.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  371 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Hot sexy kisses that wet dreams are made of. That's how surgeon Eli Calhoun thinks of resident Maggie Berman. And nothing, not even kinky sex with the submissives at the Club Rio Brava, can get his mind off locking lips with his workmate again. There's just one problem. Eli's a sexual Dominant looking for a submissive, and Maggie's the most "in control" woman he's ever met ...more
Published August 8th 2008 by Ellora's Cave (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Control

Auntee
Nov 26, 2012 Auntee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic quickies
I picked this one up because it was a freebie on Amazon and I've read a few of the author's books and enjoyed them. That being said, it was a bdsm book (not my fav), so I didn't have high expectations.

For a quickie (93 pages) it wasn't bad, especially if you like bdsm stories. The hero, Dr. Eli Calhoun, is a sexy 37-year-old thoracic surgeon with a body builder's build and a ginormous "member" (this is brought up time and again so we can get a good mental picture). Eli's a Dom, has a membership
Marion
Aug 15, 2008 Marion rated it really liked it
Maggie is a surgeon who is also a submissive who had a very bad experience with her previous D relationship. Eli is her co-worker and a sexual Dominat who fantazises about Maggie being his. He always sees Maggie in tight control until she looses a patient on the operating table one day. After a few drinks they end up at his place where he realizes that Maggie is a submissive. Eli is a very kind Dom, no whips or humiliation. He did not want to control every aspect of her life and rassured her in ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
This was a quick little read. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't the best thing since sliced bread. It did it's job, if you know what I mean ;)
Elly Helcl
Jun 26, 2013 Elly Helcl rated it really liked it
It's been so long since I picked up this book that I was surprised to read that it was a BSDM short.

However, if you are looking for an erotica with Dom/sub's, this is definitely a good one for that.

I personally was pleasantly surprised by the easy going storyline and by how effortlessly this author seemed to blend such a...well...such a taboo subject line (I know there are lot's of people out there who enjoy this kind of story line but it is still taboo).

It could have been better with a little
Jane
Surgeon Eli Calhoun is the surgeon and mentor for third-year resident Maggie Berman in the high pressure surgery practice where he is a partner. He finds he is attracted to her to the point where he is ready to give up his live as a Dom, but instead she gives him Loving Control after a very bad day in surgery. She needs him to take over and give her relief from the high pressure of learning to be a heart surgeon and he is only too happy to give her what she needs in this romance. Loving Control ...more
Djg
It was nice. 3rd year surgical resident Maggie and Attending surgeon who mentors her have the hots for each other. He's a Dom and she's a sub but neither knows about the other. When they decide to explore their attraction, their desires and lifestyle come out.

They are sweet together, nice couple and have hot sex. The one downer for me is the mention of possible sharing. This is before they decide they want a forever relationship so I hope sharing would be off the table but it's never stated.
Erotic Horizon
May 18, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
Characters

Eli Calhoun – Take charge and utterly confident in what he says and wants, he gauges his time and strike when the time is right – but is the time right for the other party involved when he sets out to get the girl.

Maggie Berman – Hard worker, polished in her mannerism, team player – but also someone bound so tight that she might break if extreme is not taken with her.

The Plot

Working in a highly stressful job leave little or no time for Eli to enjoy what he does best - dominate. When he
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Nov 10, 2012 Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ rated it really liked it
This book was recommended by a friend. I'm really I read it. This book reminds me of the elements that I love in Club Shadowlands Series. It's not just about the BDSM but the characters and their feelings. It's the desire to be heard and understood in every ascept of life from career to the bedroom.

Dr. Elijah (Eli) Calhoun is a trauma surgeon and Dom looking for his next sub. No one knows that Eli likes BDSM or that he owns Club Rio Brava either. He hasn't been happy with the club scene lately b
Candice
Jan 31, 2013 Candice rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
Whoa. This was all kinds of wrong.

1. Calling him Master without even knowing for sure if he was a Dom.
2. Thinking about marriage just after the 1st time in bed.
3. Never talking about their relationship.
4. Asking her to marry him after the 2nd time being together.
5. Still never really talking--perhaps about previous D/s relationships, what's expected of each other, etc.
6. Getting married only a week or two after proposing.

Sorry, but this was a no go for me.
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Jan 01, 2015 Paris (kerbytejas) rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-2012
nice story - a bit fast from the "get together" to the "lets get married an be together forever"
ha hanging over the could and never really resolved is the issue of Maggie's previous Dom - we really don't know what he had done to her and why she is fearful of punishment - did he share her and humiliate her? we will never know

A ok read especially as a free read
Katherine O'Grady
This was a Kindle freebie.

Ok. Nice depiction of BDSM. But the plot and characters were a little too tidy. After token angst, they resolve everything. Also, the Dom is practically psychic. I love the fantasy of a Dom anticipating and understanding his sub's every need, but this bordered on ridiculous.
Julianna
Dec 03, 2012 Julianna rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
It was an ok read, i think that it could have been developed a little more. Maybe some more back story about her previous master and why she kept tensing up about everything, even though she said that she hadn't necessarily experienced some of it, especially when he kept reasuring her. It was just ok.
Eli
Nov 20, 2012 Eli rated it liked it
This is a fairly short book and the story feels very rushed. It's well written with plenty of descriptive/adult words. But I felt like there was no way these 2 people could have ended up with the feelings they had in such a brief amount of time. It's a cute, short read though.
Shari
Feb 02, 2013 Shari rated it it was ok
Story jumps right into them having a BDSM relationship and her calling him Master without and discussion. In fact they never really discuss limits, arrangements, likes dislikes, etc. before he has her marked as his. It was just so unbelievable.
LoveRomance
Jun 28, 2011 LoveRomance rated it it was ok
This story didn't grab me. The relationship moved simply too fast from simply work colleagues to power exchange, and it didn't ring true. Don't know if I'll get around to reading the others in this series.
Oleta Blaylock
Mar 31, 2011 Oleta Blaylock rated it really liked it
I wish this book had been longer. I could have really loved seeing Maggie in all kinds of Domination/submission situations. The story is well written and does cover a lot in a a few, 85, pages.
~ Stephanie Lynn ~
Jun 30, 2013 ~ Stephanie Lynn ~ rated it really liked it
Steamy, naughty words, hesitation, submission, mastery and of course the HEA. Sometimes thats all you want and all you need out of a quick read.
~~~Heather S.~~~
Nov 12, 2012 ~~~Heather S.~~~ rated it did not like it
Shelves: bdsm
Got to 37%, can't even make it through the first sex scene *bleck* I guess I'm used to quality BDSM romances, this one doesn't even come close.
Mskychick
Jan 09, 2013 Mskychick rated it did not like it
DNF
Way too many medical errors for me to ignore. Drove me nuts, so I had to stop reading because the errors were just pissing me off.
Candice Roper
Feb 03, 2013 Candice Roper rated it it was ok
Hmmm....this was a labor of love. I felt it either should've been half as long as it was or more developed.....
Melissa
Aug 12, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
This was a great quick read. I love the story line and the characters and I will definitely read again.
Wminbc
Nov 16, 2012 Wminbc rated it it was ok
Mmmm...not getting this one??? Too fast for my liking...did I really say that? Yup!
ShoSho
Dec 02, 2014 ShoSho rated it it was ok
Shelves: freebies, x-2014
It gets 2 stars instead on 1 because the hero was gentle and caring!
Christy Duke
Apr 03, 2013 Christy Duke rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, bdsm
More of a 3.5..... it was enjoyable especially for a free read
Carey
Nov 08, 2012 Carey rated it it was ok
Meh. Got it for free from the publisher. Didn't do anything for me.
Rachel Wheeler
Nov 16, 2012 Rachel Wheeler rated it did not like it
No good Dom takes direction from their sub... Not believable at all!
Michelle
Oct 13, 2013 Michelle rated it it was ok
Honestly did not keep my interest.
Donna
Nov 13, 2012 Donna rated it liked it
Hot and steamy short story.
Adriana
Nov 05, 2012 Adriana marked it as to-read
Shelves: e-book, i-own-free
Free 11/5/12 at Amazon
Kate
Nov 13, 2012 Kate rated it liked it
Meh.
  • Identity Crisis
  • Mission Menage (Operation Erotic, #1)
  • Convincing Quinn (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Undone Rebel (Undone Lovers, #1)
  • Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1)
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • Gift of the Goddess (Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • Working Out (The Works, #2)
  • Besieged (Vikings Underground, #1)
  • Under His Roof (Under His Roof #1)
  • Rituals of Passion (Brides of Caralon, #1)
  • Not An Angel (Poryria Vampire, #1)
  • Sex Traders (Sex Slaves, #1)
  • Slave To Love
  • A Little Harmless Gift (Harmless, #4.5)
  • Rules of Engagement (The Duquesnes, #1.5)
  • Lethal Limits (Spy Games, #2)
  • Maintenance Night

First published in 1996, Jacobs has sold close to fifty books and novellas. SANDSTORMS was a 2007 nominee for the prestigious ROMANTIC TIMES Reviewers' Choice award for best erotic romance. Her books have earned awards including the Passionate Plume (best novella, 2006, se
More about Ann Jacobs...

Club Rio Brava (5 books)
  • Switching Control (Club Rio Brava, #2)
  • Unexpected Control (Club Rio Brava, #3)
  • Learning Control (Club Rio Brava, #4)
  • Controlled By Love (Club Rio Brava)