Start by marking “Overheard (Unspoken, #2)” as Want to Read:
Overheard (Unspoken, #2)

Overheard (Unspoken #2)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  2,656 ratings  ·  106 reviews
Gracie Evans wants a Valentines she won't forget. Luke Forsythe plans to give her exactly what she wants.

Gracie Evans is a woman tired of the men in her life not satisfying her in bed. She's had a string of boyfriends, but none of them have come close to satisfying the vivid fantasies she has. Two weeks before Valentine's Day, she breaks up with her latest boyfriend after...more
Published January 16th 2007 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Overheard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overheard

Colters' Woman by Maya BanksRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesA Table for Three by Lainey ReeseLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesDecadent by Shayla Black
Best Ménage Fiction
56th out of 804 books — 1,010 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia Day
Favorite Erotic Romance
144th out of 1,793 books — 2,174 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather in FL
Luke and Gracie are close friends. They are part of a group of five (or seven?) who hang out often together. Gracie has bad taste in men, but she's never seriously considered Luke or Wes, the other single guy in the group, to be potential date material. Sure, they're hot, but they're all just friends.

After Gracie breaks up with her latest mistake, Luke overhears her talking to their friend Michelle about why and about her fantasies. Luke is totally on board with helping her fulfill them since th...more
Jenn Scranton
Great book! This book is part of a series of very short, hot reads.

This story moves really fast, but the scenes are H-O-T!

God, I love her writing!! I had a rough day at work that day and just bought this book and plunked myself into a hot bath and this story perked me right up!

Yes, this is a naughty little menage book, hehe. But it's not a "forever" one. It is a couple who bring in a friend. That is a new one for me, haha!

If you're looking for a quick, hot bathtub read, look no further!!
marlene
this was a cute short story. a group of best friends were having a little get together when Luke overhears Gracie and Michelle having a little girl talk in the kitchen. Gracie explains how none of her ex boyfriends did it for her and she was looking for someone a little more experimental in bed. Especially if they were to include a third in their experimenting. Luke suddenly realizes how he and Gracie may be a good match as more than best friends. He tells his friend Wes who jumps on the band wa...more
Michele
Title: Overheard
Author: Maya Banks
Narrated by Chandra Skyye
Publisher: AudioGO
Length: 2 hrs and 43 mins
Release Date: 8/1/2013

A copy of this audiobook was provided to me by Audiobook Junkies for an honest review.

Overheard is the second entry in Maya Banks’ Unbroken series, telling the story of a woman who is tired of settling for men that can’t give her what she wants in bed, but gets exactly what she’s missing when one of her male friends overhears her sharing her sexual fantasies with a trusted...more
Pete
Overheard by Maya Banks in the Unspoken Series is yet another delightful fast steamily erotic read. Gracie is caught complaining about less than amorous boyfriend that doesn’t light her fire. Her friend, Luke, overhears some erotic dreams she is describing to her girlfriend.

Luke engages another friend of Gracie to help fulfill her dream of multi-partner kinky sex. You have to read this book to get the vivid descriptions of a steamy scene.

The story was well written with Luke and Gracie’s romance...more
Dana
Gracie is tired of going out with boys. She wants a man. A man who will fulfill all of her fantasies. Luke is tired of watching his best friend Gracie go out with one jerk after another. When he overhears Gracie telling their friend Michelle all of her fantasies, and her reason for dumping her latest boyfriend, Luke realizes he's finally met his match inside the bedroom, and not just out of it. He asks Gracie out, and after a week of dating, he whisks her away to his cabin for Valentine's Weeken...more
Karla
The story started slow and then moved to fast for my liking.
Luke came at first as a selfish man, even though you could see the underlying caring he felt for Gracie.
Gracie came at first as a little dumb, since she couldn't find a man to suit her needs so she kept picking the wrong men. Wes feelings weren't even approached.
Aside of that the basic idea of the story was good. I really liked it.
Elaine
Fast read, friends to lovers story. Maya Banks is a quality author, and this story won't disappoint. While it is part of a series, it can be read and enjoyed as a stand-alone.

Be aware- NOT a full-length book, so don't be expecting one. Novella length.
Janell Wheeler
I'll admit I picked this book because I knew it had a three way in it and I'll be honest that turns me on. Now I love listening to my books when I exercise but this one was a little more difficult to do mainly because it was almost all STEAMY (wink, wink) Yes there is a story line and I did enjoy that but the book was more steam than anything and that is just hard to run to :) I started this book before I read the 1st book of the series, but I finished this book after I read Understood and it sh...more
Pboswell
Best friends turned lovers turned soul mates.

Luke and Gracie. These two were a lot of fun, mainly because they knew the good and bad of each other before they became lovers. That's not always a good thing, but for these two it made falling in love that much easier. More honest, more real and more durable.

Yes there were bumps, but Luke didn't plan to simply let Gracie go and Gracie need a guy like Luke - a guy who knew and understood everything about her so much so that she could depend on him...more
Esther
MAya is introducing me to things...
hooot!
Truly, truly I have just read a good good book...I think!
I liked this book it was a great short read but with such intense sex scenes that for a moment i was like, wow, i need to cool down a little.
I liked it,
Luke and Gracie were good for each other. Wes was not emotionally involved here at all, he was just looking for good times with his best friend.
Nevertheless i would have loved to see more emotions from the main characters. this would have ad...more
Katie
This book ended very abruptly. I did like the characters. For a short story it wasn't too bad.
Unabridged Bibliomaniac
This is so LAME!!! No just NO!!
Connie N.
Wow, this is definitely a hot and steamy novella, very similar to other books from Banks. She writes great sexy scenes that seem natural, with characters who know how to enjoy themselves. They always seem uninhibited and sure of the,selves and what they want. In this case, Gracie is part of a group of very good friends, but when she dumps her most recent boyfriend and shares her sexual fantasies with her friend, one of the guys in the group overhears and decides to make her fantasies come to lif...more
Joy
This is the first Maya Banks story I've read and I immediately loved her writing style. It has that smooth, easygoing feel that just kept me reading 'til the end. This is a short story about friends-turned-lovers (I noticed I've been reading those lately without intending to), thrown in with a little humor, true friendship, a lot of hot, wild, kinky sex (but some of the positions were redundant).

Gracie and Luke have been friends for years and given the title, Luke overheard what Gracie looks for...more
Netha
buku ke 2 unspoken....

Luke Forsythe tidak pernah memandang sahabatnya, Gracie Evans, sbg wanita. namun saat tanpa sengaja dia mendengar pembicaraan gracie dengan michelle, luke langsung memandang gracie bukan lagi hanya sbg teman hunting & fishing saja.

Gracie Evans merasa hidupnya sangat membosankan dengan para boyfriend yg sama membosankan terutama di area tempat tidur.
hubungan terakhirnya dengan pria bernama keith memaksanya untuk memikirkan ulang pilihannya pada pria.
hal itu disampaikanny...more
Lelyana Taufik
Lynne
Maya continues to be hit or miss for me...but, this is one of the first novellas I've read of hers. Her settings and story lines are all over the board -- from Scottish Highlanders to modern day billionaire dominants -- so it is hard to know what to expect from Ms. Banks, other than the woman can certainly write some steamy action! I just don't think this particular one was for me. Being a short novella wasn't such a bad thing as I had a hard time relating to the characters (South Texas hunters...more
Cookie
I would give this 1.5 stars if I could. I didn't hate it, but I grew really bored with it and even started skimming the sex scenes. I just bought this for a quick read on the Kindle since I'm reading "Fever" by Maya Banks, and didn't have my copy with me. I'm only halfway through Fever but the sex scenes were very similar and I grew bored.

However, if you like men telling you what to do, being controlling, two men one woman, and totally "yeah right" anal sex scenes - this book is for you!
Shannon
A pretty safe erotic romance, where the "naughty" sex involves light bondage, spanking and a ménage - and nipple piercings (yawn) - and the inevitable happy ending :-P Ridiculous, but not the worst of this genre I've read.

One bone to pick with Gracie is that she falls back on using the other men as a buffer between her ex-boyfriend and herself, and it really isn't needed, either emotionally or physically - I would have preferred she dealt with him, particularly the second non-encounter, by herse...more
Jonetta
Gracie Evans split with her boyfriend, primarily because they weren't sexually compatible among other things. She has a candid conversation about it with her best friend, Michelle, including her private fantasies, and is overheard by her pal Luke Forsythe. Two of her fantasies includes a sexual encounter with two men and a bit of bondage. Luke, who is interested in Gracie even though they've been friends for a long time, convinces another one of their friends to help her realize her fantasies.

Wh...more
PepsiGirl
This was okay, wasn't that impressed thought it was a weak story line. The whole premise of a Luke overhearing Gracie tell her fantasies of getting á little bondage and ménage on because she wanted to try something edgy, and he decided to give her that fantasy I thought was a strange way to start a relationship. But hey it worked for him. The whole ménage was a little two sided and Wes was there and gone and it was like yeah, whatever.
Roberta Mazzei
Boo-hoo. Well, I usually like Maya Banks books, but I was highly disappointed by this one...
First of all it was really short, and the story started really slowly and ended up so fast that I couldn't even understand what was going on.
As everyone said, it tells the story of two (well, maybe three) friends, who find themselves committed in an (overall) sexual relationship.
Well the sex part was hot, I have to acknowledge it to Banks she has a real talent for sex scenes, and the love story was not th...more
Beth
Jul 13, 2014 Beth rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
who DOESN'T like a little erotica once in awhile?
spoiler alert!

Well, this was just ok. honestly I would have liked the book MUCH MORE had they not decided to get married at the end of the book. PUKE. The book would have been perfectly fine with out that ending. I feel it ruined the book.
Leslie
I got this as an audio e-book for a trip I was taking. it was perfect length. The story keeps your attention as you read about Gracie's romantic desires. Glad I gave this story a chance. Maya is now one of my go-to romance authors.
 * Kazzy * -aka Stryker-
Well what a raging, romp of a read! There was an underlying story, which was that a young girl is fed up with her useless sex life, and dumps her boyfriend, but while round at her best friends house for a BBQ, she is overheard by her male friends telling her female friend her sexual fantasies! One of those friends, Luke, (who was in the first book), decides to help her experience those fantasies, (isn't that so kind of him) lol! After the initial scene setting, the rest of the book is pretty muc...more
Cheryl
Oct 17, 2014 Cheryl rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cheryl by: Author has been challenged.
Bored? Cleaning house?
I highly recommend listening to this short escapade (via Overdrive) to keep you motivated. ;p
Two hours cleaning the bloody carpet... Never got bored. Not once.
Mutia fatimah
Ga salah apa yak? Gw kira mereka b3 endingnya nikah. Tapi Gracie cuma sama Luke, udh gitu si cowo satu lagi biasa aja lagi trs ngasih ucapan 'selamat' kelar, hah!
Ashley Loos
The second book in her Unspoken series, Maya Banks delivers a sexy Valentine's themed novella about a girl who wants a man to take control. A little kink is not a bad thing when all parties involved agree. Way to go Maya for giving your readers just what we want.
Cindylisse
Esta es una dulce corta historia, y a pesar que va rapido se disfruta y las escenas son HOT total.....
The World of Maya...: * 2.Overheard 2 9 May 31, 2013 02:06PM
  • Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4)
  • Unwrapped
  • The Strength of Three
  • Dream Machine (Play Doctor, #1)
  • Shameless Embraces (Bound Hearts, #6-7)
  • Deception
  • Dangerous Boys and Their Toy
  • Reinventing Jane Porter (Jane Porter, #3)
  • Claiming Cullen
  • Raising the Stakes (Three of a Kind, #2)
  • The Last Princess (Pack Seduction, #3)
  • Dirty Deeds
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)