Overheard (Unspoken, #2)

Overheard (Unspoken #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  2,235 ratings  ·  82 reviews
Gracie Evans wants a Valentines she won't forget. Luke Forsythe plans to give her exactly what she wants.

Gracie Evans is a woman tired of the men in her life not satisfying her in bed. She's had a string of boyfriends, but none of them have come close to satisfying the vivid fantasies she has. Two weeks before Valentine's Day, she breaks up with her latest boyfriend after...more
Published January 16th 2007 by Samhain Publishing

Colters' Woman by Maya BanksRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesA Table for Three by Lainey ReeseLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesDecadent by Shayla Black
Best Ménage Fiction
49th out of 698 books — 829 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia Day
Favorite Erotic Romance
137th out of 1,625 books — 2,030 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather in FL
Luke and Gracie are close friends. They are part of a group of five (or seven?) who hang out often together. Gracie has bad taste in men, but she's never seriously considered Luke or Wes, the other single guy in the group, to be potential date material. Sure, they're hot, but they're all just friends.

After Gracie breaks up with her latest mistake, Luke overhears her talking to their friend Michelle about why and about her fantasies. Luke is totally on board with helping her fulfill them since th...more
Jenn Scranton
Great book! This book is part of a series of very short, hot reads.

This story moves really fast, but the scenes are H-O-T!

God, I love her writing!! I had a rough day at work that day and just bought this book and plunked myself into a hot bath and this story perked me right up!

Yes, this is a naughty little menage book, hehe. But it's not a "forever" one. It is a couple who bring in a friend. That is a new one for me, haha!

If you're looking for a quick, hot bathtub read, look no further!!
marlene
this was a cute short story. a group of best friends were having a little get together when Luke overhears Gracie and Michelle having a little girl talk in the kitchen. Gracie explains how none of her ex boyfriends did it for her and she was looking for someone a little more experimental in bed. Especially if they were to include a third in their experimenting. Luke suddenly realizes how he and Gracie may be a good match as more than best friends. He tells his friend Wes who jumps on the band wa...more
Michele
Title: Overheard
Author: Maya Banks
Narrated by Chandra Skyye
Publisher: AudioGO
Length: 2 hrs and 43 mins
Release Date: 8/1/2013

A copy of this audiobook was provided to me by Audiobook Junkies for an honest review.

Overheard is the second entry in Maya Banks’ Unbroken series, telling the story of a woman who is tired of settling for men that can’t give her what she wants in bed, but gets exactly what she’s missing when one of her male friends overhears her sharing her sexual fantasies with a trusted...more
Pete
Overheard by Maya Banks in the Unspoken Series is yet another delightful fast steamily erotic read. Gracie is caught complaining about less than amorous boyfriend that doesn’t light her fire. Her friend, Luke, overhears some erotic dreams she is describing to her girlfriend.

Luke engages another friend of Gracie to help fulfill her dream of multi-partner kinky sex. You have to read this book to get the vivid descriptions of a steamy scene.

The story was well written with Luke and Gracie’s romance...more
Karla
The story started slow and then moved to fast for my liking.
Luke came at first as a selfish man, even though you could see the underlying caring he felt for Gracie.
Gracie came at first as a little dumb, since she couldn't find a man to suit her needs so she kept picking the wrong men. Wes feelings weren't even approached.
Aside of that the basic idea of the story was good. I really liked it.
Elaine
Fast read, friends to lovers story. Maya Banks is a quality author, and this story won't disappoint. While it is part of a series, it can be read and enjoyed as a stand-alone.

Be aware- NOT a full-length book, so don't be expecting one. Novella length.
Esther
MAya is introducing me to things...
hooot!
Truly, truly I have just read a good good book...I think!
I liked this book it was a great short read but with such intense sex scenes that for a moment i was like, wow, i need to cool down a little.
I liked it,
Luke and Gracie were good for each other. Wes was not emotionally involved here at all, he was just looking for good times with his best friend.
Nevertheless i would have loved to see more emotions from the main characters. this would have ad...more
Katie
This book ended very abruptly. I did like the characters. For a short story it wasn't too bad.
Shannon
A pretty safe erotic romance, where the "naughty" sex involves light bondage, spanking and a ménage - and nipple piercings (yawn) - and the inevitable happy ending :-P Ridiculous, but not the worst of this genre I've read.

One bone to pick with Gracie is that she falls back on using the other men as a buffer between her ex-boyfriend and herself, and it really isn't needed, either emotionally or physically - I would have preferred she dealt with him, particularly the second non-encounter, by herse...more
Joy
This is the first Maya Banks story I've read and I immediately loved her writing style. It has that smooth, easygoing feel that just kept me reading 'til the end. This is a short story about friends-turned-lovers (I noticed I've been reading those lately without intending to), thrown in with a little humor, true friendship, a lot of hot, wild, kinky sex (but some of the positions were redundant).

Gracie and Luke have been friends for years and given the title, Luke overheard what Gracie looks for...more
Netha
buku ke 2 unspoken....

Luke Forsythe tidak pernah memandang sahabatnya, Gracie Evans, sbg wanita. namun saat tanpa sengaja dia mendengar pembicaraan gracie dengan michelle, luke langsung memandang gracie bukan lagi hanya sbg teman hunting & fishing saja.

Gracie Evans merasa hidupnya sangat membosankan dengan para boyfriend yg sama membosankan terutama di area tempat tidur.
hubungan terakhirnya dengan pria bernama keith memaksanya untuk memikirkan ulang pilihannya pada pria.
hal itu disampaikanny...more
Lelyana Taufik
Lynne
Maya continues to be hit or miss for me...but, this is one of the first novellas I've read of hers. Her settings and story lines are all over the board -- from Scottish Highlanders to modern day billionaire dominants -- so it is hard to know what to expect from Ms. Banks, other than the woman can certainly write some steamy action! I just don't think this particular one was for me. Being a short novella wasn't such a bad thing as I had a hard time relating to the characters (South Texas hunters...more
Jonetta
Gracie Evans split with her boyfriend, primarily because they weren't sexually compatible among other things. She has a candid conversation about it with her best friend, Michelle, including her private fantasies, and is overheard by her pal Luke Forsythe. Two of her fantasies includes a sexual encounter with two men and a bit of bondage. Luke, who is interested in Gracie even though they've been friends for a long time, convinces another one of their friends to help her realize her fantasies.

Wh...more
Roberta Mazzei
Boo-hoo. Well, I usually like Maya Banks books, but I was highly disappointed by this one...
First of all it was really short, and the story started really slowly and ended up so fast that I couldn't even understand what was going on.
As everyone said, it tells the story of two (well, maybe three) friends, who find themselves committed in an (overall) sexual relationship.
Well the sex part was hot, I have to acknowledge it to Banks she has a real talent for sex scenes, and the love story was not th...more
 * Kazzy * -aka Stryker-
Well what a raging, romp of a read! There was an underlying story, which was that a young girl is fed up with her useless sex life, and dumps her boyfriend, but while round at her best friends house for a BBQ, she is overheard by her male friends telling her female friend her sexual fantasies! One of those friends, Luke, (who was in the first book), decides to help her experience those fantasies, (isn't that so kind of him) lol! After the initial scene setting, the rest of the book is pretty muc...more
Ashley Loos
The second book in her Unspoken series, Maya Banks delivers a sexy Valentine's themed novella about a girl who wants a man to take control. A little kink is not a bad thing when all parties involved agree. Way to go Maya for giving your readers just what we want.
The Book Worm
I didn't realize this was so short. It didn't give enough time to really build the characters for me.
I listened to the audiobook and the accents were too much! The story was ok...a bit slow going.
Kym
This book was sweet and fun, short and to the point. Enough said.
Nicole Nyhlen
Really HOT quick read!
Sheila
Short and cute story.
Candace
A good second book in the series. You could read this one without having read the first, but it does make it nicer if you know the back story of Jake & Ellie (book 1) and can relate it in context to this book.

Gracie is an interesting character and I'm a sucker for books where two people who have been friends for a long time figure out they are in love with each other too. For that reason this was a good book.

Could have been a little longer with a little more character development, but overal...more
Stefanie
Wow a fun MFM. Short story of about 83 pages. Story was well written about a close-up of friends, and then things get interesting when people overhear fantasies and the plot thickens and the bed gets fuller.

Mf, mfm, bdsm, spanking, Yummy what a great book. This was an excellent book I got on my kindle . Can't remember if I paid for it or it was free. I would recommend the book . A very fast read and it keeps you entwined in the relationship. . Read on September 9, 2013 on my kindle.
Kimberly
This was the first book I read with a threesome story. I was curious about it and there was a real emphasis on the pleasure of the woman. Also, the main character falls in love one of the men. I couldn't help thinking- how can stand sharing her with another man? Very superficial story and fantasy that two gorgeous men are going to overhear your fantasy and just happen to be down with it. Literally. If curious or like erotica check it out for yourself.
Samie Kauchis
Quite good for such a short story. Better than the first one anyway :)
Leah
I liked this story but overall the whole thing was too predictable. Overhearing a friend's fantasy, suddenly realizing you have the hots for her then planning to make her fantasies come true. So of course she going to find out that he preplanned the whole thing and freak out. All so they can talk it out and get their happily ever after. On a good note at least Maya Banks holds true to form and the sex scenes were hot.
Amanda
Ouch, kinky!

Luke and Gracie's been a very good friend since a long time ago. But when Gracie just broke up with his boyfriend and Luke overheard what she said, he was shocked! Gracie loves good sex and she expect no guy could give that to her. And now Luke determined to prove her wrong..

Mènage! I liked this one. It's hot, sweet and again, HOT!

Nothing else I can say but, I WISH MY BEST FRIEND WAS LIKE LUKE! :))))
The World of Maya...: * 2.Overheard 2 8 May 31, 2013 02:06PM
  • Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4)
  • Dream Machine (Play Doctor, #1)
  • Deception
  • The Strength of Three
  • Three for Me?
  • Unwrapped
  • Dangerous Boys and Their Toy
  • Sacrifice (Bound Hearts, #5)
  • Tequila Truth (Black and White Collection, #2)
  • Reinventing Jane Porter (Jane Porter, #3)
  • Bonds of Hope (Wicked Play, #4)
  • The Last Princess (Pack Seduction, #3)
  • Sex Party (Cowboy Sex, #1)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)