Start by marking “Panel One: Comic Book Scripts by Top Writers” as Want to Read:
Panel One: Comic Book Scripts by Top Writers

Panel One: Comic Book Scripts by Top Writers

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Contains annotations, plots, interviews, and scripts by many of comics' hottest writers, including Kurt Busiek, Neil Gaiman, Greg Rucka, Kevin Smith, Jeff Smith, Marv Wolfman, and more.
Published April 29th 2002 by About Comics (first published March 8th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Panel One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Panel One

Shivering William
This is a strange one to review. I only legitimately enjoyed one of the scripts (Gaiman's issue of Miracleman), but I learned a hell of a lot. So, yeah, if you're interested in writing comics read it, but don't expect to enjoy yourself.

The most important lesson I learned was this: However you think comics should be written--whatever format, how much or how little description comes into your head, where to use a dash, where a colon, all caps?, how to express italics or bold or underlined--you're...more
Rebecca
Nine very different approaches do a great job of answering the vexing question, "How do you write a comic book script?" In fact, I wish I'd stumbled across this book a few years ago when I was struggling to write my graphic novel script. It would have stopped my stalling by several hours. However, it has given me ideas on how to tweak my script format the next time I write a graphic novel script.

Now I need to get my hands on Panel Two.

Michael Scott
Panel One Comic Book Scripts by Top Writers is a collection of comics scripts; I see its usefulness to aspiring comic script writers--to see how various styles of professional comics scripting--, comics artists--to experience how writers may interact with them--, and comic book readers--to learn about how comics are made.

The editor Nat Gertler (why is this book listed in Goodreads under Pat Gertler?!) includes for this collection a number of interesting elements: plot-based and full scripts, tex...more
Chad Welch
Great for understanding there is no standard format or formula to writing the comic book script. Everyone from Neil Gaiman and Kurt Busiek to Jeff Smith and Kevin Smith put their work on display.
Alex Roszkiewicz
Alex Roszkiewicz marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
A.K. Adler
A.K. Adler marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Curtis
Curtis marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Qaaim Goodwin
Qaaim Goodwin marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Steve Magay
Steve Magay marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Chris&courtney
Chris&courtney marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Travis Heller
Travis Heller marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Rich Hardy
Rich Hardy marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014