Start by marking “A Vow To Cherish (A Vow To Cherish, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Vow To Cherish (A Vow To Cherish, #1)

A Vow To Cherish (A Vow to Cherish #1)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  18 reviews

The award-winning classic novel turned bestselling movie by beloved author Deborah Raney

When his precious wife of thirty years received a devastating diagnosis, John Brighton's world fell apart. As his wife slipped from him day by day, his love was tested as never before, and he found himself confronted by a weakness he never knew he had. A confidante desperately needed

Published June 1st 2006 by Steeple Hill (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about A Vow To Cherish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vow To Cherish

Danette
I balled through the first half of the book as I am living a similar story with my mom who has Alzeheimers. I didn't think the book was particularly well crafted, but I really appreciated that the right/moral choice was made and that we see the benefit of that choice.
Lindsey
Mom2triplets04
This book is about a woman who at the age of 47 becomes diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease. The story is told by the husband. I cried in the middle of the book and when I read the very ending it left me in tears. Finally a book I could not put down and what an amazing love story.
Melissa
Wife of 25 years gets Alzheimer's disease, husband stays true to marriage vows despite temptation. A bit simplistic but overall a good story.
Saskia
Wat een prachtig mooi emotioneel boek is dit zeg! Ik heb m in een kleine drie dagen uitgelezen dus dat zegt wel wat. De ziekte van Alzheimer word erg goed beschreven vind ik en je leeft helemaal mee met John wiens vrouw op nog geen 50-jarige leeftijd de diagnose Alzheimer krijgt. Dit is een prachtige christelijke roman maar de christelijke stukjes in het boek overheersen niet zoals bij sommige boeken van Karen Kingsbury wel het geval is. Het eind word vergeleken bij de rest van het boek wel wat ...more
Jan Mckinney
Made me stop and appreciate my life and marriage.
Emelda
Very touching and explains in detail that you understand every character in the story felt. It is very moving story. Very real.
Lisa
This book would be good for someone who has had a family member with Alzheimer's. The description of the disease and the strain it puts on a family were very accurate. The story line was somewhat dull for me. New characters were introduced in weird spots, and the transitions did not flow very well. The only good part was the insight into Alzheimer's disease and how a family might react to the diagnosis.
Rita
I don't usually read books like this for two reasons. First, too sad. Second, too cheesy. Although I will say, it was nice to read about people with control and integrity who turn to God in their lives.
Natasja
Een prachtige roman waarin je kan zien wat alzheimer met je kan doen,maar toch ook zeker wat doet het met je partner of familie.
Een boek met veel liefde en verdriet.
Ben benieuwd naar de film.
Dorraine
I read this book some time ago but it has stuck with me as being a powerful testament to the vow of marriage. It is a book I would recommend everyone read!
Janet
I liked it but not as well as I liked the first one I read by her. I think she does a good job of portraying true feelings and emotions!
Melissa
I really liked the insight this story gave into the lives of those dealing with Alzheimer's disease and what a difficult journey that is.
Jess
I thought it was very sweet, yet it showed the heartache and caring that families go through when a family member is ill.
Kyla
It was a well written book that had a good lesson to it but the subject matter was kind of depressing.
Melissa Hall
Good story....ending was kind of different, but overall a good book!
Darlene Wilson
Well done story of a Christian outlook on Alzheimers -- a love story!
Lori
A great heart-felt read about dealing with a sick family member. The love that was shown in this book toward the sick character was truly amazing. I laughed and cried with this family from the start.
Sophia
Sophia added it
Jun 22, 2015
Jenny Jones
Jenny Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Kari Zigterman
Kari Zigterman marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Leigh Ann
Leigh Ann marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Barbara
Barbara is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Rancher's Reunion
  • Raw Edges (Quilts of Love #10)
  • Refiners Fire Pack, #1-3 (Refiner's Fire #1-3)
  • Sunrise Song (Treasures of the Heart #4)
  • Sweetwater Gap
  • Hammer of God
  • Times and Seasons (Seasons, #3)
  • Never Say Never (Daily, Texas #3)
  • The Defender's Duty (The Sinclair Brothers, #3)
  • Christmas Gifts: Small Town Christmas\Her Christmas Cowboy (The Cowboy Series, #9)
  • Double Identity (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #238)
  • A Cowboy's Heart (The Cowboy Series #2)
  • A Killing Frost (River Dance, #1)
  • The Hero Next Door (Lighthouse Lane #2)
  • Her Rodeo Cowboy (Mule Hollow Homecoming, #1)
  • Stepping Into Sunlight
  • Crossing Oceans
  • Only Uni
DEBORAH RANEY's first novel, A Vow to Cherish, inspired the World Wide Pictures film of the same title. Her books have since won the RITA Award, ACFW Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Readers' Choice Award, Silver Angel, and have twice been Christy Award finalists. THE FACE OF THE EARTH released in May 2013 from Howard/Simon & Schuster, and SILVER BELLS released from Guideposts in October. ...more
More about Deborah Raney...

A Vow to Cherish (2 books)
  • Within This Circle ( A Vow to Cherish, #2)
Beneath a Southern Sky (Natalie Camfield, #1) A January Bride (A Year of Weddings, #2) Remember to Forget (Clayburn,#1) Almost Forever (Hanover Falls, #1) After the Rains