Start by marking “Remember to Forget (Clayburn,#1)” as Want to Read:
Remember to Forget (Clayburn,#1)

Remember to Forget (Clayburn #1)

One morning changed everything about her life
But could it also set her free? Maggie Anderson

Graphic designer Maggie Anderson has lived under her boyfriend's tyranny for nearly two years...until she's carjacked in New York. Will this terrifying experience be the end for Maggie -- or the beginning of a freedom greater than she dares imagine? To gain that freedom, she'll h
Published February 6th 2007 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about Remember to Forget, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remember to Forget

Malina
Sep 15, 2007 Malina rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Christian lit lovers
Shelves: general-fiction
The premise and opening of this book is promising. Unfortunately, the 2nd half/ending is weakly written.
It has a good message, and is an okay read. Light & fluffy, it remindes me of angel food cake, not filling or satisfying.
Holly
Nov 17, 2016 Holly rated it really liked it
The story was interesting, the characters were likable and the car jacking premise actually worked. The growing romance made sense but I would have preferred to 'feel' it a bit more.
Gayle
#1 in the Clayburn series by Deborah Raney, this novel tells the story of a young girl from New York who grew up in foster homes with her sister and ends up in an abusive and controlling relationship with the first guy who pays attention to her. Given the unexpected opportunity to begin again in a new location, she finds herself in a small town in Kansas surrounded by Christians who model for her that there is a different way to do life than she was exposed to growing up. As her relationships ...more
Emily
Mar 03, 2016 Emily added it
Using a carjacking in upstate New York, Maggie Anderson uses this as a chance to get away from her abusive and tyrant boyfriend. Traveling west, she goes until she hits a small town, called Clayburn in Kansas. With the help of mysterious Trevor Ashlock, she stays in this town trying to forget her past and save her future. Trevor uses Maggie to help forget the loss that he’s experienced as he tries to battle his demons inside.
Filled with drama and heartache Remember to Forget kept me up late at
Lauren Sorgaard
Mar 07, 2013 Lauren Sorgaard rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was my first read by Deborah Raney and will not be my last. I immediately connected with Maggie. Her character was so real, I was rooting for her throughout the whole book. While I thought her journey to Kansas might have been grasping a bit, once she was there, the people that helped her find herself were so wonderful. The author skillfully guides you through each of their troubles and it's only by God's grace and working together that there is resolution. The struggle by Maggie to allow ...more
Karolinde (Kari)
Dec 14, 2008 Karolinde (Kari) rated it it was ok
Maggie Anderson is stuck in an abusive relationship with her live-in boyfriend. Her chance at escape comes in the odd form of a carjacking. Knowing that her boyfriend will beat her over the loss of his car and booze, she starts on a journey west. Her path leads her to the small town of Clayburn, supposedly located outside of Salina, KS, and the lonely Trevor Ashlock. Through the help of Trevor and numerous friends, Maggie begins to understand that she is not a bad person, even for lying about ...more
Deb
Sep 04, 2007 Deb added it
maggie is out on an errand for her abusive boyfriend when she is carjacked. she is startled to realize that she is more scared of how her boyfriend is going to react than the actual carjacking. she decides that she needs to take advantage of the situation and get as far away from new york as she can--so she eventually ends up in the small town of clayburn, ks. there she meets trevor, a man with his own painful past. maggie and trevor both need to leave the past behind them, but will they be able ...more
Jodi
Aug 21, 2011 Jodi rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one night. It was the same characters as the other Clayburn novels. I loved the characters and thought the story was intense. The main character was in an abusive relationship and she found a way out. She went on the run and tried to start a new life for herself. She was doing well when her past caught up to her. What a wonderful story about meeting people that God placed in your life and you may never see them again, but they listened to God and did something they may not be ...more
Mel
Jul 14, 2010 Mel rated it it was ok
Hmmm.... Well, a surprising chain of events lands Maggie...er...Meg in the town of Clayburn, and there, she meets Trevor. I guess for this book, it was just...okay... Entertaining...I did want to read to the end, but not necessarily compelling enough to whole-heartedly endorse it. I felt that the message of Christianity was too obvious in this one (even though it's Christian fiction, this one came across as too preachy to me). The characters seemed a little "flat" to me, a little undeveloped, as ...more
Brooke
Nov 17, 2008 Brooke rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book by Deborah Raney. I think I have read one of her other books but it was a long time ago. I saw this book in the Christian Fiction section and decided I liked the cover! It was a nice read with a nicely paced story line. My only complaint with the book was I felt the last chapter tied it all up but was rather abrupt. I would have liked to see maybe one more chapter focusing on the after of the last big event (I don't want to give it away!). Overall though it was a good ...more
Delia
Apr 11, 2010 Delia rated it it was amazing
Remember to Forget is a heartwarming, thought provoking tale that will not be easily forgotten. Fictional though it may be, Clayburn, Kansas becomes so tangible it's hard to remember it exists only in the pages of Raney's novel. It is peopled with characters real enough that I longed to meet them in person and make them all best friends. The sweet romance makes the heart "go pitty patter," and the finely woven spiritual thread is handled with grace and finesse.

This was my first Deborah Raney boo
Amy
Nov 24, 2011 Amy rated it liked it
This was everything you would expect from a (modern-day) Christian fiction novel, starring pretty, vulnerable heroine plus hunky, gentle AND devout hero. Still, these ingredients aren't used so often for nothing, I actually really enjoyed this, it transported me to another place (i.e. Clayburn, small-town America)and I found myself missing it once I'd finished the book. There are 2 or three others in the series, set in the same town with similar characters which is heartening!
Darcey
Nov 23, 2010 Darcey rated it it was amazing
Becca
Mar 24, 2010 Becca rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing piece that teaches one that no matter what life throws at us, life still goes on. Things do happen for a reason, but we may not know it at the moment. Not only that, this book teaches us that we will always have a heavenly Father to watch over us and love us. He is just waiting on us to realize this.
Mom
Apr 15, 2008 Mom rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any woman
Recommended to Mom by: found it in the Kenosha Library
This is book about second chances and unconditional love.

It's a Christian book, but not a preachy one. Maggie Anderson escapes her abusive boyfriend and finds friendship and love in a small town in Kansas. On the cover of the book is written that it is a Clayburn Novel, so I assume this town is feature in some other books by this author.
Summer
Nov 06, 2009 Summer rated it really liked it
It was interesting, relatable, and sweet. I loved it until the sudden ending, leaving me with unanswered questions and a little confused. I haven't done my research on this, so it might be part of a series. But still, the ending could have had more transition. Other than that, I was refreshed by its pure nature and references to faith and purity. Don't see that every day.
Rebecca
Jun 17, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I liked this book, mainly because there wasn't anything not to like about it. It had an easy flow, captivating story line and a town that anyone would love to call home. So glad that there are two more books in the series!
Jessica Patch
Dec 29, 2010 Jessica Patch rated it really liked it
Deborah Raney is quickly becoming one of my favorite Inspirational authors. I like the way she paints a picture and her dialogue between characters isn't cheesy. I'm looking forward to the next one in this series!
Elizabeth
Jul 03, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
This is the second time I read this book and loved it this time as well. The characters seem real and the desperation of the protagonist makes sense. Even though you think you might know how it will end, there are enough twists to keep you reading.
Cary
Mar 21, 2009 Cary rated it really liked it
This book was Christy Award Finalist for 2008 in the romance category and I liked it! For a christian book the religion was shoved down my throat! I enjoyed the story and the cared about the characters.
Beth
Sep 12, 2009 Beth rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent! I couldn't put it down (which would explain why I finished it in 2 1/2 days!) and definitely could not stop thinking about it.

I loved following this weary woman through her journey to escape a life she didn't deserve. I highly recommend this book!
Cayleigh
Jan 01, 2015 Cayleigh rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
A cute, lovey little romance. Good for when you just need a quick small break from reality. I enjoyed it rather well. But this isn't the typical sort of book I read, so I doubt I'd read any of the other Clayburn series.
Ruth
Mar 08, 2012 Ruth rated it really liked it
Maggie & Trevor make a good pair, not just in painting together, but also in the romance department. The author made the people in the town of Clayborne come to life. I look forward to reading more books written by her.
Avery
Jun 09, 2008 Avery rated it really liked it
first book from Deborah Raney that I've read. a page turning novel for me. i enjoyed the subtle touching on God's plan for the character's lives and the unconditional love and support the main character found in the town of Clayton. a simple, delightful read...that I much enjoyed!
Julie
Sep 23, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing
A quick easy read, but it includes layers of meaning that offer interesting ways to consider faith. Kansas author, Kansas setting; makes me once again thankful for small town life and small town friendships.
Danell
I seriously read 85-90% of the book and then I just couldn't pick it up again. Predictable... So predictable. I have read the same story line many times before and I'm just getting tired of it.
Angie
Apr 13, 2012 Angie rated it it was amazing
Great book! Easy read, but very enthralling! I felt like it didn't fully portray Maggie's situation of abuse, but the storyline was interesting enough that it didn't matter.
Melissa Hall
Dec 09, 2013 Melissa Hall rated it really liked it
The over all story was good, I just wish the ending would have been a little different. But I will still read the 2nd & 3rd Clayburn novels and see
Kate Blue
Nov 29, 2011 Kate Blue rated it really liked it
easy quick read with good Christian message...lite read for just before bed. Would like to see story continued since characters were quite likeable.
Maggie
Jan 15, 2014 Maggie rated it it was ok
A very easy and quick read but overall disappointing. Expected a little more volume to the plot and I wasn't a huge fan of Maggie nor her 14 year old view of her life...
  • Blue Heart Blessed
  • One More Sunrise
  • Till Morning Is Nigh (Country Road Chronicles #3)
  • Learning to Fly
  • Wagered Heart
  • Splitting Harriet
  • Illuminated (An August Adams Adventure, #1)
  • Beyond the Night
  • For Pete's Sake (Piper Cove Chronicles #2)
  • Miss Invisible
  • A Day with a Perfect Stranger
  • Stepping Into Sunlight
  • Full Circle
  • Sweetwater Gap
  • Only Uni (Sushi, #2)
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Patchwork Circle, #1)
  • When Love Gets in the Way (Colorado Runaway, #2)
  • Finding Stefanie (Noble Legacy, #3)
DEBORAH RANEY's first novel, A Vow to Cherish, inspired the World Wide Pictures film of the same title. Her books have since won the RITA Award, ACFW Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Readers' Choice Award, Silver Angel, and have three times been Christy Award finalists. At work on her 31st novel, Deb and her husband, Ken Raney, recently moved to the city after years of enjoying small-town ...more
More about Deborah Raney...

Clayburn (3 books)
  • Leaving November (Clayburn, #2)
  • Yesterday's Embers (Clayburn, #3)