Start by marking “Selections from Dreamsongs 3: Selections from Wild Cards and More Stories from Martin's Later Years: Unabridged Selections ” as Want to Read:

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dubbed “the American Tolkien” by Time magazine, #1 New York Times bestselling author George R. R. Martin is a giant in the field of fantasy literature and one of the most exciting storytellers of our time. Now he delivers a rare treat for listeners: a compendium of his shorter works, collected into three stunning volumes, that offers fascinating insight into his journey fr ...more
Audio CD
Published November 27th 2007 by Random House Audio (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Selections from Dreamsongs 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selections from Dreamsongs 3

Jesse Whitehead
This is the third and final volume of Martin’s collection of short stories. I found these later stories much less intriguing.

George R. R. Martin is a wizard of character. He can write any story in any setting and the reader feels almost instantly like he knows and understands the people. The emotions and thoughts and actions are real to a point that is rare in any fiction.

Many of these stories just didn’t work for me. The characters are there, just as powerfully as ever but some of them just are
Janet
Listened to this on my work commute. The first section is for Martin's fans, a discussion of his life as s screenwriter. Then an assortment of stories and novellas. I really enjoyed the werewolf mystery, and the final story of an author who is visited by his characters. Of all the stories, The Hedge Knight really stood out, and the reader was perfect for it.
Edward
When I discovered there was a Dreamsongs 3, I downloaded and listened to it. Ah, something to tide me over until the next Song of Ice and Fire. The stories seemed awfully familiar so I checked the net to find out which stories were in which of the audiobooks.

I found John Joseph Adams's posts on Amazon to be the most helpful. His lists proved to me there were no duplicate stories in the 3 audios.

How come Dreamsongs 3 was so familiar? Because I had read the stories in Dreamsongs 2, the book! 2 b
Kari
Some stories are great, some are not so hot; of the former I most liked The Skin Trade and Unsound Variations. The latter category more or less encompasses the stories that take place in a world more fully developed elsewhere, Wild Cards and Song of Ice and Fire. Too many laundry lists of characters. RR can write a great story when he wants to, though.
Carol Waters
Can't say enough good things about this man's writing. Depth of character, background, storyline...he hits the mark every time. Loved the hedgenight prequel, and Portraits of His Children was worthy of his old venue, The Twilight Zone, with or without Rob (what was his name?) Sterling. Narratives by George added immensely.
William Fuentes
This was an up and down audio selection. The Hedge Knight of course rules. I also liked the Skin Trade narrated by Claudia Black and a male person. They would each narrate a POV. Also the Glass Flower was awesome as well. Under Seige ruled also. There ya go that is all I got!
John
nice collection of shorts. Always wanted to read a Wild Cards story, and found it to be a good one. Also like the short bio in there by Martin about his Hollywood experiences.
Tom Van Boening
May have to read more from the Wildcards series after reading this.
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Thay
Thay marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Salamanda
Salamanda marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Murray Barker
Murray Barker marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Marion
Marion marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Christopher Jackson
Christopher Jackson marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Debbie Thorp
Debbie Thorp marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Hoenirson
Hoenirson marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
George R. R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

More about George R.R. Martin...
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)