Start by marking “Love Talk Starters: 275 Questions to Get Your Conversations Going” as Want to Read:
Love Talk Starters: 275 Questions to Get Your Conversations Going

Love Talk Starters: 275 Questions to Get Your Conversations Going

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  117 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Acclaimed relationship experts Les and Leslie Parrott are back with a wonderful and insightful guide for improving the single most important factor in any marriage or love relationship--communication. In Love Talk, the Parrotts will help you discover you and your partners' communication style, and learn the best ways for your styles to interact. In this companion book, Lov ...more
Published October 3rd 2004 by Zondervan (first published September 21st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Love Talk Starters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Talk Starters

Thadeus
I had high expectations of this book due to the authors' reputations. It was definitely well written and holds key information to help a person understand what types of things can help you communicate better and more effectively with your loved one. This is based upon an understanding of which of four factors make you and your loved one feel emotionally safe, and putting that together with an understanding of where you are on the spectrum of four types of approaches which determine your talk sty ...more
Danielle
Jun 27, 2011 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love reading any book that can help in my relationship. I think people are so different that reading what others say can open our eyes to our own partners.

For me, I tend to not be able to relate to my BF or understand where he is coming from and books like these help me better understand his point of view.

This book talked about talking adn listening to our partners. Sometimes we tend to not hear what the other person is saying, we only focus on what we hear and most of the time it is not what
Elizabeth Mulherron
This book has a lot of helpful and relevant communication tips and techniques. I took the "Love Talk Indicator" online and found it very insightful to myself. Even as a single woman I found this book useful! I did not use the workbooks, but the exercises in them (referenced throughout the book) definitely seemed interesting and potentially very useful to a couple!
Jessica
Jul 14, 2008 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a good book. It is about how women and men see things differently when they talk to each other. Example: My sisters father had put the baby asleep in his arms and my sister made the comment to here husband that the baby is asleep. To use women would mean for our husbands to take the baby and put her in the crib. But men just sees it okay they are asleep. It was funny because I was reading this bood and explained to my sister that you need to exactly need to tell them what your really mean. ...more
Jaddeus Dempsey
Jan 19, 2014 Jaddeus Dempsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marriage
This book along with DVD lessons and discussion in a small group really helped my wife and I and other couples take our communication to the next level.
Rebecca
I am actually re-reading this book... did a study on it right after getting married. The authors are Christian, a husband and wife team who give seminars on marriage and communication. The book offers pretty basic advice, and is at its best when paired with the accompanying workbook.
Jenny
Jan 05, 2009 Jenny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, marriage
I didn't get a lot out of this book mostly because I was supposed to read it with my husband and do the workbooks and online assessment. Maybe if I felt like we had really big communication issues I would do all that and then I can see how this book would be a big help.
Apr 23, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most of the time it's not about what you say, it's about how you say it and how the other person hears it.
Juday
Practical advice for married couples on how to communicate and what the other one is really saying.
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Marriage
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Heather Schles
Heather Schles rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Fred
Fred rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Amber Shepard
Amber Shepard marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Jacqui
Jacqui marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Randy
Randy rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Megan
Megan is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2016
katherine mccray
katherine mccray rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Katrice
Katrice marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Dmytro
Dmytro rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2016
Daniel Bushman
Daniel Bushman marked it as to-read
Daniel Bushman
Daniel Bushman marked it as to-read
Cheri
Cheri marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Albert Hakimi
Albert Hakimi marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Married to Distraction: Restoring Intimacy and Strengthening Your Marriage in an Age of Interruption
  • Cracking the Communication Code: The Secret to Speaking Your Mate's Language; Love for Her, Respect for Him
  • Courtship After Marriage: Romance Can Last a Lifetime
  • Mother Teresa, Her Essential Wisdom
  • God's Gift to Women: Discovering the Lost Greatness of Masculinity
  • The Battle Plan for Prayer: From Basic Training to Targeted Strategies
  • How to Really Love Your Teenager
  • Foolproofing Your Life: Wisdom for Untangling Your Most Difficult Relationships
#1 New York Times best-selling authors, Les and Leslie. A husband-and-wife team who not only share the same name, but the same passion for helping others build healthy relationships. In 1991, the Parrotts founded the Center for Relationship Development on the campus of Seattle Pacific University - a groundbreaking program dedicated to teaching the basics of good relationships.

Married in 1984, the
More about Les Parrott III...