Start by marking “I Do Again: How We Found a Second Chance at Our Marriage--and You Can Too” as Want to Read:
I Do Again: How We Found a Second Chance at Our Marriage--and You Can Too

I Do Again: How We Found a Second Chance at Our Marriage--and You Can Too

An attractive young couple, Jeff and Cheryl Scruggs seemed to have it all: professional success, adorable twin daughters, and a good marriage. But their picture-perfect image concealed a widening chasm between two people unable to connect on an intimate, soul-deep level.

Ten disappointing years of marriage. Seven painful years of divorce. One remarkable, true-life story of
Published December 16th 2008 by WaterBrook (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about I Do Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Do Again

Anya
Aug 03, 2013 Anya rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people struggling in their marriage
As you can see, I am recommending this book to the utmost; a perfect score and I am not one to do so often. The reason for that is in my humble opinion, every Christian couple should read this book. I wouldn’t hesitate to give it away, whether before, during or even after a marriage has ended in divorce. If they are remarried already it may be of some help in the subsequent marriage. There will even be some unbelievers who will find hope and healing through this book, though they will need to be ...more
Maria Elmvang
To all outward appearances Jeff and Cheryl had the perfect marriage: intimacy, love and affection. Unfortunately the romance was only skin-deep. Jeff and Cheryl show that it isn't enough just to feel in love, you actually have to choose to be in love, and work on furthering your relationship with the person you’re with. If you don't work on connecting with your partner, and don't speak the same love language, eventually the frustration of emotional emptiness will relentlessly take its toll on yo ...more
Jen
Feb 15, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
For someone struggling to save a marriage for over 4 years, this book helps reaffirm what I think I've already learned - that it is in God's hands, that it is about the individual's journey more than about the marriage, that it takes as long as it takes, that it might not be about saving the marriage, rather about saving yourself, becoming the better version for yourself that God wants you to be.
This book has given me some hope, although the timeline for reconciliation is tough. You have to get
Christina Brandsma
Feb 02, 2016 Christina Brandsma rated it liked it
This was an encouraging book that gives a pretty detailed account of their journey apart and back together. I found a lot of truth in it, but a couple minor things didn't seem doctrinely sound to my understanding of scripture. Some sections of the book felt long and others felt rushed through, but overall I'd recommend reading it, especially if you are in a hurting or broken marriage relationship. I love God's redemption of their story and how He continues to use this couple's testimony in count ...more
Lisa
Jan 17, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I think any couple who has dealt with infidelity or knows anyone who has will benefit from this book. The couple who wrote this book are the parents of Lauren Scruggs, the young woman who walked into the plane propeller and lost her eye and left hand. One book led me to another. Christian book. Highly recommend it!
Jenn
Jan 02, 2013 Jenn rated it it was ok
After reading "Still Lolo", about their daughter's accident, I'm interested in hearing more about their divorce and reunification. As a "divorced kid", I'm always skeptical.

If you were in a crisis marriage, it would be a good marriage. We already practice a lot of what they talk about in working on yourself rather than blame.
Thelma
Oct 15, 2012 Thelma marked it as to-read
My fiancé read it first.then I read it. Very heart felt book.
Steve
Jan 02, 2014 Steve rated it it was amazing
A true story that I kept reading late into the night like a novel. Really liked it as a great story of hope and reality.
Katherine Wise
Jul 27, 2014 Katherine Wise rated it it was amazing
My husband and I read this during a very trying time in our marriage, and it completely opened doors for us and changed our marriage forever.
Lesley Webster
Jul 26, 2011 Lesley Webster rated it it was ok
A well written memoir of a marriage that was broken, then healed. The authors give a brutally honest look into their story, ultimately offering God's hope to any marriage.
Lissette Vazquez
Aug 06, 2015 Lissette Vazquez rated it it was amazing
This testimony on how God restores and heals is beautiful. All we have to do is believe and seek Him above all things!
Kendra
Jul 29, 2013 Kendra rated it really liked it
Brutally honest and heartbreaking. Made me really stop and think about my own affair and the demise and resurrection of my marriage. Proof that with God, nothing is impossible.
Micah McCarty
Oct 06, 2010 Micah McCarty rated it really liked it
A lot of the Christian stuff was pretty cheesy and hard to swallow but overall a beautiful story of redemption/ resurrection.
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2009
Ali Garcia
Ali Garcia rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2009
Stephanie
Dec 31, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
The most amazing story of hope!
Justin Farley
Justin Farley rated it did not like it
Mar 15, 2012
Misty Schoephoerster
Misty Schoephoerster rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2015
Ninke
Ninke rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2012
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2012
Willa
Willa rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2014
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2017
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2011
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2014
Winter
Winter rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2012
Sharla
Sharla rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2012
Shane Glass
Shane Glass rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2011
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2013