Start by marking “Edgewater Angels” as Want to Read:
Edgewater Angels

Edgewater Angels

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Set in the projects of Los Angeles, California, Edgewater Angels chronicles the adolescence of Sunny Toomer, a streetwise young man endlessly sandwiched between the right and wrong thing to do. In a neighborhood where an absentminded stare might be mistaken for a silent challenge for turf, and asking someone if they have a problem may cost you your life, Sunny ekes out sur ...more
Published August 13th 2002 by Vintage (first published July 17th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Edgewater Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edgewater Angels

Joan Kirby
I found this book to be a really interesting view into growing up in a world totaly alien to me. I really identified with the character's struggle to retain his natural goodness in an ugly and evil world. I wished that the seperate anecdotes could have been tied together more effectively however.
RB Love
Sandro is a friend of mine, even though I have not seen him in more than a decade and a half. He's written a terrific book. Six foot eight you know. Remember to tie your shoe laces when you play ball.
Melliott
This is almost like a string of short stories strung together into a novel. They're great stories about inner city youth in Los Angeles (San Pedro)--my favorite is the swimming contest.
Nicole
Basically a collection of short stories. They were cute, which actually caught me off guard. With a different cover & description this book would be better received I think.
Dewayne Stark
the author is right on with his geography. Today many novels contain descriptions taken from Google. This one doesn't.
Lacy Katherine
pretty neat book. It reminds me of a west coast, updated Down These Mean Streets.
Lacy
Sara ⚡
Sara ⚡ marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
K.
K. is currently reading it
Mar 19, 2015
Alfredo Silva
Alfredo Silva marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Rachel Hernandez
Rachel Hernandez marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Pensa
Pensa added it
Dec 01, 2014
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014