Start by marking “Patricia Wells' Trattoria: Simple and Robust Fare Inspired by the Small Family Restaurants of Italy” as Want to Read:

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Whether it's a bustling eatery in the heart of Florence or a tiny alcove tucked away on a side street in Venice, the trattoria is where Italians go for robust flavors, great friendship, and good times. Patricia Wells' Trattoria now feeds America's passion for Italian food with 150 authentic recipes. Savor a Fresh Artichoke Omelet, succulent Lamb Braised in White Wine, Garl ...more
Published October 16th 2001 by William Morrow Cookbooks (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Patricia Wells' Trattoria, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patricia Wells' Trattoria

Natalia
This is my favorite cookbook of all time and I wish I had it in hardcover because it is falling apart. It is accessible, authentic, and I LOVE the little stories about why she's chosen each take on a classic or where she was inspired/discovered a new and amazing combination. I have never made anything from this book that didn't come out amazing.
Kerry
I use this cookbook pretty regularly. It's full of recipes where it takes longer for me to cook the pasta that it does to make the sauce. Most of the recipes use fairly common ingredients that I can find in our small-town grocery stores with few problems. I love the penne with vodka sauce and the pasta with eggplant and mozzarella.
Teresa
Great cookbook of rustic Italian dishes. Not a lot of history of the dishes, though enough background to be interesting. Lots of hearty soup recipes I will be using this winter.
Tatiana
recipes usually involve less than 10 ingredients. very easy to use and food tastes complex. try the sun dried tomato pesto w rosemary and other herbs.
Cheryl
This is actually one of my favorite cookbooks right now. The risotto recipes are wonderful.
Happyreader
Some very quick and easy apps including an amazing easy and delicious goat cheese spread.
Carol
I love this cookbook! It's full of simple, delicious Italian recipes.
Citoyenne
May 01, 2007 Citoyenne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: cookbooks
Reasonable, fairly simple, and occasionally vegetarian. I am a fan.
Natasha
A real treat.
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Phil
Phil added it
Dec 02, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Deb Mclaughlin
Deb Mclaughlin marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Sofia
Sofia marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Aisha
Aisha added it
Jun 06, 2014
Maria
Maria added it
May 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Bistro Cooking The Paris Cookbook The Provence Cookbook Vegetable Harvest: Vegetables at the Center of the Plate We've Always Had Paris...and Provence: A Scrapbook of Our Life in France