Start by marking “If I Had a Robot (Picture Puffin Books)” as Want to Read:
If I Had a Robot (Picture Puffin Books)

If I Had a Robot (Picture Puffin Books)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  13 reviews
If Phil had a robot, it would do everything he didn't want to do -- eat his brussels sprouts, take his bath, and do his homework. No one would ever pick on him again. He'd be king of the world Dan Yaccarino's simple, lively text and exuberant retro-styled illustrations bring this bold and funny fantasy to life.
Published November 1st 1998 by Puffin (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about If I Had a Robot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Had a Robot

Becky B
Phil has to eat yucky vegetables and starts day-dreaming about having a robot to do all the unpleasant things for him. If he had a robot, it would eat his brussel sprouts. If he had a robot it could do the chores, take baths, and go to school. In fact, if he had a robot he could rule the world! But if he had a robot, it would get to eat the dessert instead of him. So maybe it's a good thing he doesn't have a robot.

This would be a great book for a Psychology class to analyze. It has a wonderful t
Austin G
Amy Musser
Phil’s not allowed to leave the dinner table until he finishes his vegetables, a food group he detests. If only he had a robot to eat his cauliflower and Brussels sprouts with a flick of a switch. Having a robot would be so helpful! He’d do everything Phil doesn’t want to do, practice his piano lessons, feed the dog, and even kiss Aunt Louise. The robot would help Phil become king of the world! No, the universe! Phil’s imagination is soaring until Mom says, “Whoever eats their vegetables gets ch ...more
Brynn Scheibel
This book is very simple. Yes it is a children's picture book but I think it is a nice simple story for any child to relate to. I'm sure every child has wanted a robot around to do all the things they didn't want to do. I know I sure wished I had a robot to eat my veggies.
Samantha
A little boy named Phil imagines all the tasks he'd have his robot do for him, if he had a robot. When he finds out a sweet treat awaits him if he finishes his vegetables, he changes his mind. PreK-2.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
After reading Boy+Bot which is illustrated by Yaccarino, I decided that I needed to check out his robot book. This was a lot of fun and I loved the ending.
Paula

Phil imagines the advantages of having a robot, from feeding it his vegetables to becoming king of the playground.
Molly
I love the design of this book- large lettering, bold, clear illustrations. A great read aloud for younger audiences.
Hajnal
Although the story itself didn't "wow" me, I love the bright, simple illustrations.
Kate Mowery
Until his robot rises up against him and murders him...
Paula
Another cute book that Zack loved. :)
Jenny
just ok, i liked the end.
Max
its kinda dumb
Phoenix
Phoenix marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Victoria Lebron
Victoria Lebron marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Angie
Angie added it
Mar 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Exhibitions of his work have been held throughout the world. He is also the creator of the animated TV Series Willa's Wild Life and Oswald.

Mr. Yaccarino lives in New York City with his wife and two children.
More about Dan Yaccarino...
Five Little Pumpkins (Harper Growing Tree) The Fantastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau Doug Unplugged Unlovable Every Friday