Start by marking “Letters to Kelly” as Want to Read:
Letters to Kelly

Letters to Kelly

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  782 ratings  ·  43 reviews
HERO: Tyrone Jackson Winchester II — HEROINE: Kelly O'Brien — LOCATION: Boston and Cape Cod, Massachusetts — Either Way He Was A Condemned Man. — So here I sit, writing letters that have no hope of reaching you until I am free to deliver them myself. With luck, that will be soon. For your eighteenth birthday is coming, and I intend to be there, like I promised . . .

For yea
Paperback, Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1213, 256 pages
Published April 1st 2003 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Letters to Kelly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters to Kelly

Buggy
Opening Line:"Kelly O'Brian lugged her heavy canvas bag of books into the back door of the university newspaper office.

This was an awesome little read that took me all of about 3 hours to finish and gave me everything I could possibly want in a romance. Charming, super fun and sexy. This story also contains a reunited lovers theme which is one of my personal favourites and comes complete with a sensitive, somewhat tortured (and very cute) beta hero as well as the hilarious historical romance cha
Mimi Smith
3 stars

I would've loved this one a lot more if the heroine wasn't so annoying and, IMO, unreasonable. I loved T. and the letters. Even T's romance novel was fun(even though it had a secret baby plot, lol)

Here's one letter...

Dear Kelly,

Another day dawns and I am still here in this damned miserable cell. But then you come, if only in my dreams….

You come after sunset. Tonight you are sixteen, and when you smile, I suddenly realize you are wearing your prom dress. You are so beautiful, my heart nea
♥ Melody
2.75

A few things I struggled with...

-The author waited till the very end of the story for the hero to tell the heroine about his time in prison. Why? Why why WHY? It’s a big thing to keep a secret and was one of the reasons that kept them apart for years and she didn’t know about it and kept thinking he abandoned her. Drove me nuts.

-Jax was in prison for 2 years in Central America. He was beaten, whipped and punished severely. Where the hell are all his scars? You can not tell me he didn’t walk
Shea
I selected this book thinking it would just be a nice, light, romantic read and I always enjoy Suzanne Brockmann's books. It was so much better than I anticipated. The novel completely revolves around the two main characters, T. and Kelly but there are four stories going on. Story one is when they first met and the history of their relationship until they were separated, story two is T.'s letters to Kelly he writes in his mind while he is imprisoned in Central America, story three is what is hap ...more
LaFleurBleue
I've got mitigated feelings regarding this book.
First thing to know : the story starts when Kelly is 12 and Jax 18; they both realize they're in love with each other at 16/22. Nothing happens then but kisses. However I'm never really quite comfortable with this kind of setting and anyway do not usually appreciate so much stories of teen love ever lasting.
I really liked Jax and getting to know him, his past, why he did not fulfill the promises he gave to Kelly, how he tried to sway her once it be
Laura Hannaway
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Appassionato, tumultuoso, tempestoso, scatenato, travolgente... In quanti modi poteva essere un amore. Il suo per Tyrone era stato in tutti quei modi. Un uragano di emozioni, una bufera di piacere... «No, niente altro che un’onda anomala.»"

E' sempre una bella sorpresa scoprire nuove "versioni" di un'autrice e abbandonato momentaneamente il romantic suspance, la Brockmann mi ha regalato un romance nel senso più puro del termine, dolcissimo e struggente! *_* Tyrone era solo un ragazzo quando ha i
Mindy
I feel like this entire book could have been avoided completely if Jax had just opened his first conversation with Kelly with, "I'm sorry (view spoiler), but I was (view spoiler). It's tough to talk about but if you'll have dinner with me, I'll explain everything." A little awkward maybe, but I think Kelly would have heard him out and forgiven him. And they'd have lived happily ever after without all the other nonsen ...more
Micheeeleeee ❤️
Wow . The best way to describe this book. I couldn't stop reading. Suzanne Brockmann has truly nailed it in the romance section.

I adored T Jackson Winchester the Second the moment Kelly laid eyes on him, sitting. Waiting. Waiting so many years to finally be with someone loved. I felt a twinge of jealousy wishing that love like this was reoccurring in reality. That a man could love someone so long without ever before being intimate with her , to wait for them after she has been married and divor
Anja
Robin
When T. Jackson Winchester realized he was in love with his best friend's little sister, he also realized she was too young for him. Telling Kelly O'Brien he would see her on her 18th birthday, Jax left. But he couldn't keep his promise since he was locked in a Central American prison for two years. During that time, Jax wrote letters to Kelly just to keep his sanity. Now out of prison, he knows the only way he will ever be happy is to convince Kelly that he loves her.

This was a very heartwarmin
Jill Twigg
Oh my goodness!!! I wish I could have given this a "10." I felt every emotion Jax was feeling for Kelly. His downplaying of his torture and writing to her in his mind as a means of getting by was just heart-wrenching. I kept waiting chapter after chapter for her to find scars or something, but it was worth the wait for when he finally told her why and how he had missed her birthday and it was a great way. Loved, Loved, Loved it!!! Definitely an emotional last chapter. I've read several novels fr ...more
VaultOfBooks
By Suzanne Brockmann. Grade: A
Since this is one of her early books, it has a different style than her norm. To begin with, this is not a SEAL book. Plus you have the whole “romance writer talking to his character” aspect, along with running a story over an (abbreviated) eleven year period. Rest assured, it is worth every penny.
Kelly O’Brien is stunned when T. Jackson Winchester the Second suddenly reappears in her life. They first met because Jax became her older brother’s college roommate and b
PepsiGirl
This story is interesting because it tells the story of two star crossed lovers. They basically meet when she is twelve and he is eighteen. It does kind of make you wince a little but, he does not act on this until she is sixteen and then he basically asks her if she will date him for the next two years till she is eighteen(and legal). Life happens and plans are broken and Jackson still loves Kelly even through a terrible situation he must go through and her even being married and divorced. But ...more
Tricia
I love Brockmann and like to read everything she's written, even if the early ones aren't as good as her later works. Letters to Kelly was less interesting to me. I wanted to really love this book - I thought the idea of the letters was uber romantic and I wanted the story to be great. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I found the premise to be really forced and contorted just to get it to work, and that I didn't like. The idea that this privileged rich kid could just get thrown into a prison in central ...more
Rachel
LOVED IT

Ive only read SB series and didn't expect to enjoy this quick sappy (old) read but it was so good - I should have known.

Loved both Kelly and T and the whole story. Just sweet and perfect, and a little funny too.
Sheri
This book is about the romance--100%. There are really no side plots to speak of. There was lots of sexual tension, but the book was a bit too long with not enough story to sustain it. I liked Jax a lot. But Kelly--I just wanted to keep telling her to grow up! How could she not even wonder when Jax CRIED when he found out she was married? She finally, finally got her act together--I was happy for Jax.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

He's too old for her
Said he'd come when she's eighteen
Years later he's back

She couldn't trust him
I felt really bad for him
Almost made me cry
Kobie
loved it! clever and sad and fun to read.
Jeri
Not a horrible book, but not all that engrossing either. The switching back & forth from past story to present story got a bit annoying, although the past story did add interest. Mainly because the present story was so very uninteresting. All the angst depended on a refusal on the part of h/h to have a simple conversation. With this one I'm thinking "well, I guess no writer can constantly produce gems, and this one is an okay read".
Melanie Pietrowski
I loved this story, thought it was a little creepy that T started to fall in love with her when she was only a child (and he was a college student) but the fact that they ended up waiting, even if was due to circumstances beyond their control. I loved how they wrapped it all up and the truth of everything came out and she realized that he always loved her, that he didn't ever give up or forget her.
Lhenry
One of the nicest heroes I have ever encountered. He did everything right and still wound up apart from his true love for longer than it should have taken. I think this is a great concept for a story and why this one works so well, even with a hero who is almost too good to be true The whole story was a rather gentle tale - this is not a romantic suspense like stories by this author.
RomReader
Delightfully surprised at how emotionally poignant this Suzanne Brockmann book is. Brockmann is known for her action-suspense-Navy SEAL themes & sizzling sex books. I was pulled in by the emotions of her main characters that tears were actually involved! One thing I didn't like was the heroine's stubborness.

Highly recommended.
Shannon
I've read this book more times than I can count. It's from my Harlequin/Silhouette days. I considered most of these books disposable--I would read, trade, turn into secondhand shops, and donate. I held onto this one.

I love that it's told from the male character's perspective. I love the plot. I cry every time I read it.

LOVED this! Read it in part of the Unstopped volume and it was fabulous! I think my favorite book by this author. I just liked it a lot. I had to review separately because I disliked the first story enough I could not give them the same rating! As a rule I do not re-read books, but I would read this one again.
A boy becoming a man, falls for a young girl but knows it can't be because she's too young. makes promises that become broken because of some things out of his control happening. years later still in love with her he searches her out, only to try to win her love again.
Halah
love this . but Jax was too emotional and sensitive for me to really like him . and i can't get past the fact he loved since she was a little girl ( 12 years old ) ... eww ! haha !

but in the end it was a nice , funny , and light reading ...
Victoria Esser
I'm a huge fan of Suzanne Brockmann and I have to say that THIS is my favorite book by her. I was literally laughing out loud on one page and sobbing uncontrollably on the next. Story telling at it's best.
Karen
The hero met Kelly when she was 12 years old
and he was her brothers college roommate
even thou he didn't act on the attraction
her age turned me off to enjoying this book
Wendy
Vacation, easy read. I didn't realize this was a Silhouette book when I downloaded it, but it's fun to read these when I'm on vacation and have nothing else to do.
  • Her Guardian
  • The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3)
  • From the First (The Moorehouse Legacy, #3)
  • The Sheikh's Love-Child (International Billionaires #6)
  • Out of Uniform (Wingmen Warriors, #14) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1501)
  • The Dark Side Of Night (H.O.T. Watch, #1)
  • Montana Royalty (Whitehorse Montana, #7)
  • Whitelaw's Wedding (The Protectors, #14) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1075)
  • Heat Waves (Sexy City Nights, #3)
  • Whose Baby?
  • Blade's Lady (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1023)
  • Shadow Hawk
  • Falcon's Run (Copper Canyon, #4)
  • Marriage of Mercy
  • Her Hero in Hiding (Conard County, #22)
  • A Vow to Love
  • Broken Silence
  • Leave Me Breathless
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...
The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3) Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4) Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)

“You automatically lose when you give up.” 1 likes