Start by marking “Letters to Kelly” as Want to Read:
Letters to Kelly

Letters to Kelly

HERO: Tyrone Jackson Winchester II — HEROINE: Kelly O'Brien — LOCATION: Boston and Cape Cod, Massachusetts — Either Way He Was A Condemned Man. — So here I sit, writing letters that have no hope of reaching you until I am free to deliver them myself. With luck, that will be soon. For your eighteenth birthday is coming, and I intend to be there, like I promised . . .

For yea
Paperback, Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1213, 250 pages
Published April 1st 2003 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Letters to Kelly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters to Kelly

Buggy
Feb 23, 2010 Buggy rated it it was amazing
Opening Line:"Kelly O'Brian lugged her heavy canvas bag of books into the back door of the university newspaper office.

This was an awesome little read that took me all of about 3 hours to finish and gave me everything I could possibly want in a romance. Charming, super fun and sexy. This story also contains a reunited lovers theme which is one of my personal favourites and comes complete with a sensitive, somewhat tortured (and very cute) beta hero as well as the hilarious historical romance cha
Mimi Smith
Feb 13, 2012 Mimi Smith rated it liked it
Shelves: silhouette
3 stars

I would've loved this one a lot more if the heroine wasn't so annoying and, IMO, unreasonable. I loved T. and the letters. Even T's romance novel was fun(even though it had a secret baby plot, lol)

Here's one letter...

Dear Kelly,

Another day dawns and I am still here in this damned miserable cell. But then you come, if only in my dreams….

You come after sunset. Tonight you are sixteen, and when you smile, I suddenly realize you are wearing your prom dress. You are so beautiful, my heart nea
♥ℳelody
2.75

A few things I struggled with...

-The author waited till the very end of the story for the hero to tell the heroine about his time in prison. Why? Why why WHY? It’s a big thing to keep a secret and was one of the reasons that kept them apart for years and she didn’t know about it and kept thinking he abandoned her. Drove me nuts.

-Jax was in prison for 2 years in Central America. He was beaten, whipped and punished severely. Where the hell are all his scars? You can not tell me he didn’t walk
Shea
Feb 13, 2011 Shea rated it really liked it
I selected this book thinking it would just be a nice, light, romantic read and I always enjoy Suzanne Brockmann's books. It was so much better than I anticipated. The novel completely revolves around the two main characters, T. and Kelly but there are four stories going on. Story one is when they first met and the history of their relationship until they were separated, story two is T.'s letters to Kelly he writes in his mind while he is imprisoned in Central America, story three is what is hap ...more
Petie McCarty
Feb 01, 2017 Petie McCarty rated it it was amazing
Listened to this as an unabridged audio. This was a little different Brockmann story, but still very enjoyable. Narrator made it even better. Lawlor didn't disappoint, never does. Makes a casual story riveting. His delivery is always spectacular! Just wish I could have Patrick Lawlor do ALL my audiobooks. He does such a wonderful job he should get an academy award every time.
LaFleurBleue
Jul 11, 2012 LaFleurBleue rated it liked it
I've got mitigated feelings regarding this book.
First thing to know : the story starts when Kelly is 12 and Jax 18; they both realize they're in love with each other at 16/22. Nothing happens then but kisses. However I'm never really quite comfortable with this kind of setting and anyway do not usually appreciate so much stories of teen love ever lasting.
I really liked Jax and getting to know him, his past, why he did not fulfill the promises he gave to Kelly, how he tried to sway her once it be
Anja
Apr 08, 2010 Anja rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c, w-az, r-a
Nancy
Mar 08, 2017 Nancy rated it it was ok
I almost did not finish this one I was so annoyed with the whole thing. I'm usually a fan of Suzanne Brockmann and love her books but this one drove me batty. The hero was awesome but the heroine was an idiot, clinging to something that happened when she was 16 - grow up! She came across as unbelievably childish, immature to the point of annoying and at times TSTL. Simple communication would have solved (ended?) the entire story line. The letters in the title were beautiful and romantic. He shou ...more
VaultOfBooks
Sep 07, 2012 VaultOfBooks rated it really liked it
By Suzanne Brockmann. Grade: A
Since this is one of her early books, it has a different style than her norm. To begin with, this is not a SEAL book. Plus you have the whole “romance writer talking to his character” aspect, along with running a story over an (abbreviated) eleven year period. Rest assured, it is worth every penny.
Kelly O’Brien is stunned when T. Jackson Winchester the Second suddenly reappears in her life. They first met because Jax became her older brother’s college roommate and b
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Appassionato, tumultuoso, tempestoso, scatenato, travolgente... In quanti modi poteva essere un amore. Il suo per Tyrone era stato in tutti quei modi. Un uragano di emozioni, una bufera di piacere... «No, niente altro che un’onda anomala.»"

E' sempre una bella sorpresa scoprire nuove "versioni" di un'autrice e abbandonato momentaneamente il romantic suspance, la Brockmann mi ha regalato un romance nel senso più puro del termine, dolcissimo e struggente! *_* Tyrone era solo un ragazzo quando ha i
Laura Hannaway
Sep 04, 2014 Laura Hannaway rated it really liked it
Mindy
Apr 24, 2015 Mindy rated it it was ok
I feel like this entire book could have been avoided completely if Jax had just opened his first conversation with Kelly with, "I'm sorry (view spoiler), but I was (view spoiler). It's tough to talk about but if you'll have dinner with me, I'll explain everything." A little awkward maybe, but I think Kelly would have heard him out and forgiven him. And they'd have lived happily ever after without all the other nonsen ...more
Micheeeleeee ❤️
Wow . The best way to describe this book. I couldn't stop reading. Suzanne Brockmann has truly nailed it in the romance section.

I adored T Jackson Winchester the Second the moment Kelly laid eyes on him, sitting. Waiting. Waiting so many years to finally be with someone loved. I felt a twinge of jealousy wishing that love like this was reoccurring in reality. That a man could love someone so long without ever before being intimate with her , to wait for them after she has been married and divor
Robin
Aug 01, 2014 Robin rated it it was amazing
When T. Jackson Winchester realized he was in love with his best friend's little sister, he also realized she was too young for him. Telling Kelly O'Brien he would see her on her 18th birthday, Jax left. But he couldn't keep his promise since he was locked in a Central American prison for two years. During that time, Jax wrote letters to Kelly just to keep his sanity. Now out of prison, he knows the only way he will ever be happy is to convince Kelly that he loves her.

This was a very heartwarmin
Tricia
Jan 16, 2013 Tricia rated it liked it
I love Brockmann and like to read everything she's written, even if the early ones aren't as good as her later works. Letters to Kelly was less interesting to me. I wanted to really love this book - I thought the idea of the letters was uber romantic and I wanted the story to be great. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I found the premise to be really forced and contorted just to get it to work, and that I didn't like. The idea that this privileged rich kid could just get thrown into a prison in central ...more
PepsiGirl
Mar 30, 2013 PepsiGirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is interesting because it tells the story of two star crossed lovers. They basically meet when she is twelve and he is eighteen. It does kind of make you wince a little but, he does not act on this until she is sixteen and then he basically asks her if she will date him for the next two years till she is eighteen(and legal). Life happens and plans are broken and Jackson still loves Kelly even through a terrible situation he must go through and her even being married and divorced. But ...more
SweetSue
Nov 10, 2015 SweetSue rated it really liked it
Very close to perfect. Loved the young friends to romance and the reunited lovers theme, T (or Jax) was great - consistent, sweet, beta and yet still so sexy. I am a real sucker for the hero who isn't afraid to say "I love you first" and who is willing to push to get his girl. I had a bit of trouble with Kelly, especially that she ended up marrying so young after T doesn't come back for her - but that is overall understandable since she way on the rebound.

I was disappointed her brother had a pi
Jill Twigg
Mar 06, 2014 Jill Twigg rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!!! I wish I could have given this a "10." I felt every emotion Jax was feeling for Kelly. His downplaying of his torture and writing to her in his mind as a means of getting by was just heart-wrenching. I kept waiting chapter after chapter for her to find scars or something, but it was worth the wait for when he finally told her why and how he had missed her birthday and it was a great way. Loved, Loved, Loved it!!! Definitely an emotional last chapter. I've read several novels fr ...more
Melanie Pietrowski
Nov 04, 2012 Melanie Pietrowski rated it it was amazing
I loved this story, thought it was a little creepy that T started to fall in love with her when she was only a child (and he was a college student) but the fact that they ended up waiting, even if was due to circumstances beyond their control. I loved how they wrapped it all up and the truth of everything came out and she realized that he always loved her, that he didn't ever give up or forget her.
Jeri
Sep 21, 2010 Jeri rated it liked it
Not a horrible book, but not all that engrossing either. The switching back & forth from past story to present story got a bit annoying, although the past story did add interest. Mainly because the present story was so very uninteresting. All the angst depended on a refusal on the part of h/h to have a simple conversation. With this one I'm thinking "well, I guess no writer can constantly produce gems, and this one is an okay read".
Sheri
Jan 16, 2014 Sheri rated it liked it
This book is about the romance--100%. There are really no side plots to speak of. There was lots of sexual tension, but the book was a bit too long with not enough story to sustain it. I liked Jax a lot. But Kelly--I just wanted to keep telling her to grow up! How could she not even wonder when Jax CRIED when he found out she was married? She finally, finally got her act together--I was happy for Jax.
Mar 05, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
LOVED this! Read it in part of the Unstopped volume and it was fabulous! I think my favorite book by this author. I just liked it a lot. I had to review separately because I disliked the first story enough I could not give them the same rating! As a rule I do not re-read books, but I would read this one again.
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver✨
Delightfully surprised at how emotionally poignant this Suzanne Brockmann book is. Brockmann is known for her action-suspense-Navy SEAL themes & sizzling sex books. I was pulled in by the emotions of her main characters that tears were actually involved! One thing I didn't like was the heroine's stubborness.

Highly recommended.
Shannon
Mar 10, 2011 Shannon rated it it was amazing
I've read this book more times than I can count. It's from my Harlequin/Silhouette days. I considered most of these books disposable--I would read, trade, turn into secondhand shops, and donate. I held onto this one.

I love that it's told from the male character's perspective. I love the plot. I cry every time I read it.

Lhenry
Mar 02, 2012 Lhenry rated it really liked it
One of the nicest heroes I have ever encountered. He did everything right and still wound up apart from his true love for longer than it should have taken. I think this is a great concept for a story and why this one works so well, even with a hero who is almost too good to be true The whole story was a rather gentle tale - this is not a romantic suspense like stories by this author.
Rachel
LOVED IT

Ive only read SB series and didn't expect to enjoy this quick sappy (old) read but it was so good - I should have known.

Loved both Kelly and T and the whole story. Just sweet and perfect, and a little funny too.
May 05, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
A boy becoming a man, falls for a young girl but knows it can't be because she's too young. makes promises that become broken because of some things out of his control happening. years later still in love with her he searches her out, only to try to win her love again.
Halah
May 08, 2011 Halah rated it really liked it
love this . but Jax was too emotional and sensitive for me to really like him . and i can't get past the fact he loved since she was a little girl ( 12 years old ) ... eww ! haha !

but in the end it was a nice , funny , and light reading ...
Victoria Esser
Apr 06, 2012 Victoria Esser rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Suzanne Brockmann and I have to say that THIS is my favorite book by her. I was literally laughing out loud on one page and sobbing uncontrollably on the next. Story telling at it's best.
Rebecca
Mar 25, 2010 Rebecca rated it it was ok
I can't talk about it. I'm just not even sure what to say.
  • The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3)
  • From the First (The Moorehouse Legacy, #3)  (Callie/Grace/Walker Brothers/Moorehouse series, #6)
  • Basic Training (Harlequin Blaze #238)
  • Her Guardian
  • SEAL It with a Kiss (SEAL It With A Kiss #1)
  • Heat Waves (Sexy City Nights, #3)
  • Blade's Lady
  • Awaken to Danger (Wingmen Warriors, #11)
  • Whitelaw's Wedding (The Protectors, #14) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1075)
  • Island Heat (Mediterranean Nights #10)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • Daughter of the Blood (The Gifted #2)
  • Broken Silence (Family Secrets, #0.8)
  • More Than Friends
  • Door Prize
  • Housebound
  • Talk Dirty to Me  (Dirty Laundry, #2)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married to Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romance
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

“You automatically lose when you give up.” 2 likes