Start by marking “Embraced by Love” as Want to Read:
Embraced by Love

Embraced by Love

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  561 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Josie and Cooper were one of those couples everyone envied: gorgeous, successful, and so deeply devoted. Even though Josie tended to work too hard, putting in long hours to lift her fledgling company off the ground, and Cooper could be wild and unpredictable, the two complimented one another. It seemed their love would last forever.
But sometimes love just isn’t enough. Whe
Mass Market Paperback, 280 pages
Published September 28th 2004 by Ballantine (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Embraced by Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embraced by Love

Carrie
Grade B

Embraced by Love (awful name that has nothing to do with the book, really) is a surprisingly good story. The premise sounded interesting so I picked it up at a used book store some time back and put it on my shelf. The more I thought about reading it, the more I feared it would be maudlin or melodramatic. Instead, it was a believable and moving story.

Josie and Cooper are a young married couple who have a solid relationship. Some tension develops, however, about the many hours Josie puts i
VaultOfBooks
By Suzanne Brockmann. Grade: C
I have mentioned countless number of times in my reviews that Suzanne Brockmann has never disappointed me. With Embraced By Love, she broke her flawless record.
Coffcat
I think I would have liked this book more if the main characters hadn't been so over the top. She was sooo work devoted and he was sooo committed to having fun and enjoying life, made me a little crazy. Especially since they knew that about each other from the beginning. Unfortunately plot development is a little slow resulting in the same things getting rehashed over and over. While the story eventually moves forward towards the middle it's a bit too late and you'd rather just smack them for be ...more
Michelle
Words cannot express how much I disliked this book. Some of this is due to my personal preferences. I don't like reading about couple that are already married. I love reading about how people meet and fall in love. I decided to try to get past this, simply because I love this author's books. I was sorry that I had wasted my time.

The majority of the book was Josie and Cooper fighting. She was a total workaholic, working 15-18 hour days. She had psychological issues (fears of being poor) so everyt
Journeywoman
I didn't much care for it. The characters were not well done and she didn't know much about working in computer programming.
Jeri
A young couple on the New York City fast track, Josie Taylor and Cooper McBride seem to have everything going for them, including great jobs and a love that just seems to grow stronger. Then the sudden death of Josie's brother and his wife leave them with responsibility for two small children. There are tough choices to make, and nothing in their lives will ever be the same. The strain on their relationship seems unbearable, and both of them begin to wonder if they will ever find their way back ...more
LaFleurBleue
No Seal, no action-packed story-line, no alpha-hero - well difficult to believe it was written by Suzanne Brockmann.
There remains a great hero who's the perfect man everyone would have to have (at least me), so loving, funny, understanding, sexy...
The heroine is actually a workaholic, in the truest sense of the term, getting herself physically sick with her job and the stress she constantly creates around it. It sometimes seemed a bit too much and I really wondered what it would take for her to
Lisa
So far the stories I've read by this author have not disappointed. Actually finished this book a couple of months ago and forgot to add it to the list.
Meaghan
not my favorite by ms. brockmann. good story, just not to her usual level of quality.
jenjn79
Mar 20, 2008 jenjn79 rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to jenjn79 by: random buy
This book might not appeal to many Brockmann fans. It's a different type of book than her Troubleshooters and TDD series. Embraced By Love is more of a traditional romance about two people in love who find their ideals and goals for the future clashing and almost destroying their relationship. If you're a Brockmann fan looking for something suspenseful and similar to her popular books, then you may want to skip this one.
Debbie
This was a reprint of one of Brockmann's earlier work and it shows. While it was more of a "traditional" romance than I would have liked, it was still different enough to be interesting. And Brockmann's clear writing style does stand out. I still prefer her later books that are more action oriented.
Shirley Owl
It is unusual in a book for the characters Jodie and cooper to already to be married to each other. At the start of the book they are a caring loving couple with successful businesses and then along came life.... The happy ever after is not so certain.
Rachel
While I enjoyed reading this story of a couple who is struggling with their marriage; I found that I enjoy Ms. Brockmann's series books more.
Puna
Josie was a cold b*tch and Cooper was ridiculously good. Wanted to smack her & tell him there were plenty of other fish in the sea.
Lara Long
A little slow in places but overall a very good read. Like all Suzanne Brockman's books, it's well worth your time to read it.
Lynne
Josie needed to grow up. She was so hard hearted with the kids after her brother's death. Cooper is the MAN!
Shelita Smith
The story was great it was kinda back amd forth
alot. It got kinda annoying sometimes, but it was still great.
Lesli
Completely loved the H. Totally felt stabby about the h. Overall, typical non-SEALS read from Brockmann.
Marianne
Little out of the ordinary for Brockmann, and a very realistic writing about marriage relationships.
Book Him Danno
About a married couple who finds themselves with two children and now what? Strong female lead.
Erotic Horizon
Embraced by Love by Suzanne Brockman (1995)
Charlie
It was a good, light read.
Jemmarie
great story about two couple.
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
  • Libby's London Merchant (Nesbitt, #1)
  • Till the Stars Fall
  • The Last Rogue (Regency Quartet, #4)
  • Winter's Edge
  • Code Name: Blondie (SEAL and Code Name, #8)
  • In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)
  • Darkling I Listen
  • A Regency Christmas: Scarlet Ribbons\ Christmas Promise\ A Little Christmas (Harlequin Historical Series)
  • Dance (de Saint Vallier Brothers, #2)
  • Sleeping With the Agent (Crossfire, #3)
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • Always in My Heart
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...
The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3) Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4) Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)