Start by marking “The Intimate Sex Lives of Famous People” as Want to Read:
The Intimate Sex Lives of Famous People

The Intimate Sex Lives of Famous People

This encyclopedia looks at the sexual habits, deviations and quirks of nearly 200 famous, notorious or otherwise distinguished people from all walks of life. Each entry describes the subject's fame and achievements, and within this context examines their sexual activities. The entries are preceded by over 50 lists of sexual characteristics in which the subjects of the ...more
Published (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Intimate Sex Lives of Famous People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Intimate Sex Lives of Famous People

Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
This is an old book, but you know what? Still interested in reading about these people's sex lives. Yep. #noshame
Joseph DiFrancesco
Very interesting read. Great deal of research went into this however some of the subjects seemed to be included simply because they had had sex one time or another. I expected more odd revelations in terms of quirks. Still, I was surprised with many of the varied relationships that had developed in terms of open marriages. Good beach book.
Meaghan
Feb 17, 2010 Meaghan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book chronicles the sex lives of a wide variety of people throughout history, organized by occupation: from artists to scientists to politicians to royalty to activists and so on. I wish more non-Western people had been profiled, though. The book is written in a very professional, encyclopedic tone. Each entry has a biographical sketch of the person, a picture of them, information on their sex/love life, a quote from them on that subject, and suggestions for further reading.

I was very surpr
Ashley
Must admit this was a long read. BUT WORTH IT!!!
The details, juicey tidbits, the people... All very interesting.
(Personally I loved the writers, Royals and Rockers!!)
The movie stars section did nothing for me, "more been there seen that"...

All in all Terrific read, passed it on to a friend and hope she enjoys it as much as I did!!!!!!
Michelle
Jan 08, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book from childhood. I swiped it from my parents shelf and devoured it in two afternoons. It's a great reference book for those who want to know who certain people were, and then, there is the sex. Heh. The less said, the better. If you get easily disgusted and need your smelling salts, don't read this one. If, like me, you have been curious from an early age, then dive right in, or muff dive if you're Virginia Woolf or Colette. Lolololol. Okay, I like tasteless jokes and if ...more
Amy
Jan 31, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My REALLY guilty pleasure. Found while helping my sister move, and borrowed it. It's fascinating, and easy to pick up and put down when you need to. It's an older book (1981) so the current rock stars are Joplin and Hendrix, but oh well. It does get tiring to read about the many, many degenerate Victorian writers and artists.
Matt Posner
Aug 19, 2011 Matt Posner rated it it was amazing
I have read this book several times over the years. It is constantly interesting, not specifically for the sex content but because it gives detailed biographical portraits of fascinating people. I recommend skipping around the book, reading them in the order that catches your attention, but go back to the stories you skipped -- you will meet some pretty cool people.
Jamia
Sep 28, 2007 Jamia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fun and fascinating. My parents have this book at their house and I used to sneak reads of it all of the time growing up. It was amazing to read about the sex lives of everyone from Cassanova to Ghandi in this book.

MUCH better than Us Weekly or People Magazine! ")
Carol Waters
I have owned this book since it came out- what- 40 years ago. It is falling apart, worn out from moving all over America with me. It is too worn out to bother recycling. And I still can't make it any more than nominally interesting. I'm going to dumpster it and move on. Truth is, I just don't care who did or did not do whatever to whomever. I am learning nothing applicable from this struggle to finish what I started. On to newer stuff...
Misti Rainwater-Lites
Mar 14, 2010 Misti Rainwater-Lites rated it it was amazing
love it to pieces, love it so frickin' much I actually mailed a letter to the publishers and asked them to publish a new edition that includes Robert Plant...but I think Robert Plant has to die before they will do that and I am not wishing death on Robert Plant...anyway, for a voyeur like me it is the perfect book to keep at my bedside
Jess Scott
Aug 19, 2011 Jess Scott rated it it was amazing
An informative and eye-opening book -- individual chapters are short/concise, but get to the point quickly and without any fuss (I'm totally devouring the chapters on artists and writers). The writing style is incredibly witty too. My attention has not wandered even once throughout perusing the text ;)!
Ietrio
Feb 11, 2015 Ietrio rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: junk
The title catches the eye. The contents is of poor quality and quite judgemental. Maybe it would have been something out of the ordinary if written in the 40s. Today it's just dull. Another book for recycling.
Vikki
Sep 29, 2011 Vikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These were short biographies of many old, famous people from the 1700s to the present. It was very good. It was just a short bit on the sex lives but Oh, My! People are strange! Really enjoyed this book.
Beatrice Miranda
Aug 22, 2014 Beatrice Miranda rated it liked it
This was one of my supplementary books when I was making case studies about psychosexual disorders among famous people.
LooseLips
Feb 24, 2008 LooseLips rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sexy famous people.
this book is for people who "borrowed" a book and feel bad about never returning it but they live on the other side of the country now. and people who like sex and tabloids. and are nosy.
Jul 02, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it
More than you wanted to know about most of these people. Figures include authors, composers, actors, and politicians among others. Fascinating and fun.
Brooke
9/5
-I found this one while looking for a Jackie Kennedy book. It should be interesting.

9/8
-I really like this one. It's funny and interesting. I'm just not sure if any of it is even true!
Micah
Apr 07, 2010 Micah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Extremely enjoyable. great for a plane or beach or any other areas people do light reading. short informative sections on hundreds of celebs.
Rosemary
Rosemary rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2011
Xochilt
Xochilt rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2013
R.N. Feldman
R.N. Feldman rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2014
Leongteck Ong
Leongteck Ong rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Connie
Connie rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2014
Gabriela
Gabriela rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Zee
Zee rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Stewart Davies
Stewart Davies rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2011
Bill
Bill rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2016
Juanita
Juanita rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2014
MaylayneBrown
MaylayneBrown rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2016
  • Voices of the Dead
  • Days That I'll Remember: Spending Time with John Lennon and Yoko Ono
  • Lina and Serge: The Love and Wars of Lina Prokofiev
  • Holding Breath: A Memoir of AIDS' Wildfire Days
  • BLOW: How a Small-Town Boy Made $100 Million with the Medellin Cocaine Cartel And Lost It All
  • Whore Stories: A Revealing History of the World's Oldest Profession
  • American Isis: The Life and Art of Sylvia Plath
  • Tim Burton's Corpse Bride: An Invitation to the Wedding
  • Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir
  • The Art of Sin City
Irving Wallace was an American bestselling author and screenwriter. His extensively researched books included such page-turners as The Chapman Report (1960), about human sexuality; The Prize (1962), a fictional behind-the-scenes account of the Nobel Prizes; The Man, about a black man becoming president of the U.S. in the 1960s; and The Word (1972), about the discovery of a new gospel.

Wallace was b
More about Irving Wallace...