Start by marking “What Not to Wear: For Every Occasion” as Want to Read:
What Not to Wear: For Every Occasion

What Not to Wear: For Every Occasion

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Trinny Woodall and Susannah Constantine turned "the frumpy into the fabulous" (People) in What Not to Wear. Now, fashion's most lovable dictators return-looking better than ever-to tell women what NOT to wear for every occasion. No matter what age, shape, or budget, no matter if casual, smart, or trendy, Trinny and Susannah are here to help every woman look her personal be ...more
Published May 4th 2004 by Riverhead Trade (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about What Not to Wear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Not to Wear

Sitha
Jan 17, 2008 Sitha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Sitha by: Oprah Show
A helpful book that I had to leave it in Jakarta... *so sad*. I bought it accidentally :) when I saw some books in sale during my training trip in Singapore.

It gives valuable informations about appropriate outfits according to some conditions. Very helpful for me who at first did not know much about the right outfits for some moments in different seasons (winter, summer, etc).

Thank's to Oprah Show that introduced me to this book and these two authors.
Cindy
This book is broken down by occasions which include the interview, work wear, work to play, school events, summer wedding, winter wedding, summer holiday, winter holiday, partying, and underwear (ok, not an occasion). If I was reading this book in 2003 when first published I would suggest this as a great resource, but the fashion suggested is dated. There is not any additional information presented that makes the book worthwhile.
Phyllis
Usually I have a judge not lest ye be judged attitude about fashion, but I think when you repeatedly push the pants under dress look as appropriate for any occasion you immediately forfeit your right to declare yourself an authority on what to wear.
Sara
Excuse the strange British fashion twists (odd wedding hats and dowdy skirts)--this book has wonderful before and after illustrations. Bookmark pages and lend this to a friend with a "whale tail" or "double bubble" problem.
Lorraine Haataia
Interesting examples including side-by-side photos of what not to wear and what to wear to various events--I like the format with the explanations. Some of the styles may be more suitable to the UK than the US.
Malbadeen
Jul 01, 2007 Malbadeen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Elementary teachers
Dear colleagues (near and far) I implore you - set aside the thematic sweaters, think beyond elastic waist bands and remember you are a teacher not a laundry basket. This book may very well be the impetus you need.
Marcella Abate
A very good book to learn about fashion and about what suits u better. In fact, it's a guide that u should always keep close to u!
Raquel
Aparentemente es una reedicion del primero...no lo sabía
Joyfish01
This was a gift from my boys... very informative!
Snow
read for fun
Chathuranga Fernando
Chathuranga Fernando marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Funandfailure
Funandfailure marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Funandfailure
Funandfailure marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Vstylein
Vstylein marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Ala Tela
Ala Tela marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Lisa
Lisa is currently reading it
Feb 14, 2015
Tracy
Tracy added it
Jan 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • InStyle: Instant Style: Your Season-by-Season Guide for Work and Weekend
  • Style Me Vintage: Hair: Easy Step-by-Step Techniques for Creating Classic Hairstyles
  • The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style: How to Wear Iconic Looks and Make Them Your Own
  • The Celtic Collection: Twenty-Five Knitwear Designs for Men and Women
  • The Style Strategy: A Less-Is-More Approach to Staying Chic and Shopping Smart
  • The Fundamentals of Fashion Design
  • Style Statement: Live By Your Own Design
  • Vivienne Westwood
  • Beauty Junkies: Inside Our $15 Billion Obsession With Cosmetic Surgery
  • The Bombshell Manual of Style
  • Secrets of a Fashion Therapist: What You Can Learn Behind the Dressing Room Door
  • Costume and Fashion: A Concise History
  • You Are What You Eat: The Plan That Will Change Your Life
  • Audrey Style
Fashion advisor and designer, television presenter and author.
More about Trinny Woodall...
What Not to Wear What You Wear Can Change Your Life Trinny and Susannah Take on America: What Your Clothes Say About You The Body Shape Bible: Forget Your Size Discover Your Shape Transform Yourself Trinny and Susannah the Survival Guide: A Woman's Secret Weapon for Getting Through the Year