Start by marking “Majesty's Rancho” as Want to Read:
Majesty's Rancho

Majesty's Rancho

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  148 ratings  ·  7 reviews
After Lance Sidway comes to beautiful Madge Stewart's defense and ends up on the wrong side of the law, he escapes to Arizona and finds work on her father's ranch. Madge is kidnapped by a gang of cattle rustlers, and Sidway must intervene once again to save her life--even at the cost of his own.
Published 1966 by Walter J. Black, Inc. (first published 1937)

To ask other readers questions about Majesty's Rancho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Majesty's Rancho

Jane
Majesty's Rancho was okay but not one of the best books by Zane Grey I've read. I think his earlier books are better than his later ones, and this one was hampered by the fact that it's a sequel of sorts to The Light of the Western Stars, which I haven't read. Majesty's Rancho was published 24 years later and is about the daughter of the romantic pair from the first book.

Also, for some reason I have more trouble with the racism in books written in the 1930s than I do in books written at the begi
Lisa
The sequel to Light of the Western Stars, a wonderful romance and fun Western adventure that made me miss the wide open spaces of home.
Catherine
Majesty's Rancho is the sequel to The Light of Western Stars, both by Zane Grey. While I felt that the latter left me unsatisfied, after reading Majesty's Rancho, I felt complete.

The story picks up 20 years later and centers on Majesty and Gene's only daughter, Madge. Madge is at college and is a frivolous flirt and a big spender. Her antics bring on trouble and without fail, a ruggedly handsome cowboy is always there to help bail her out. And Grey gives us plenty of action in their love/hate re
Tina Yoder
In this sequel to Light of the Western Stars we meet the next generation at the ranch. It is wild with college age fun and a mix of gangsters meeting the old west. I love this book as a wonderful (clean) romantic western.
While still frustrated at the ending to Light of the Western Stars, this book eases a few of the questions it left hanging and it was nice to be with old friends Gene and Majesty.
A sidenote- there are racial slang terms that are not appropriate in our day and age, but are an ho
Sara
I first discovered this book (and the whole western genre) in 8th grade, when I read it for my social studies class. (It counted because it was set in Arizona) I have probably read it 7-8 times since, and recently rediscovered it. Just enjoyable. So interesting time-wise, since it was written in 1937. So glad I have my own copy.
Claudine
This book is part 2 if light of the western stars
Brenda
I know I enjoyed it, but can't remember.......
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Andrew Evans
Andrew Evans marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Jerry L
Jerry L marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Donna Ulrich
Donna Ulrich marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
David N
David N marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Dennis Crane
Dennis Crane marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Sgrcic
Sgrcic marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Angi
Angi added it
Jun 11, 2014
Alyx Tschirhart
Alyx Tschirhart marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Lucija
Lucija added it
Apr 20, 2014
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Monster Men
  • Enduring Light (Borrowed Light #2)
  • Riding for the Brand
  • The Croquet Player
  • Pejsek a kočička
  • Roberto: The Insect Architect
  • Just a Little Sick (Little Critter)
  • Bear's Picture
  • The Obelisk Trilogy: Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, Black Spring
  • Persnickity
  • Firestorm (Dinotopia, #7)
Pearl Zane Grey was an American author best known for his popular adventure novels and stories that presented an idealized image of the rugged Old West. As of June 2007, the Internet Movie Database credits Grey with 110 films, one TV episode, and a series, Dick Powell's Zane Grey Theater based loosely on his novels and short stories.
More about Zane Grey...
Riders of the Purple Sage The Last Trail The Lone Star Ranger Betty Zane The Spirit of the Border