Start by marking “Secrets of an Irresistible Woman” as Want to Read:
Secrets of an Irresistible Woman

Secrets of an Irresistible Woman

questions to help women understand and recognize real love.
Published January 1st 1998 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of an Irresistible Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of an Irresistible Woman

Bella
Apr 10, 2012 Bella rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Yes
Recommended to Bella by: Single/Divorced Women
Shelves: favorites
This is probably one of the best books written for single or divorced women...ever. Michelle gives advice that makes a light bulb literally click in your thoughts about relationships with men. It was like, "Oh...ohhhhh, [click]...wow, that makes sense". I think it's better than "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus"..hands down for single/divorced women. No competition here. She uses her own experiences and then slowly integrates the biblical advice from Proverbs (one of the best guides fo ...more
Jasmine Finch
Nov 16, 2008 Jasmine Finch rated it it was amazing
The first time I read this book.. I was just reading.. then.. a friend of mine had it and I re-read it.. and this time.. it was like being in class.. I could NOT get enough.. McKinney Hammond's writing is so upfront.. it is really like sitting in the living room with your aunts and your girlfriends and them giving it to you straight.. Everything my mother ever told me about dating.. was reaffirmed in this book.. Its a must-read for any woman.. whether she claims to be Christian or not.. even tho ...more
Michelle
Jan 17, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: inspirational
The reason I rate it a 3 is because although the message is good there is some fault to it. Please be aware that you can pray for a husband and all that but that does not mean he will show up on your door step tomorrow or that you will run in to him the next day you said your prayer or that he will have every exact quality that you have ever wanted. God does not work that way.... This is a good guide of how a woman should be and how to act but don't let it be you bible on dating and men. Let God ...more
Stephanie Green
Oct 02, 2008 Stephanie Green rated it it was amazing
Scripture based guide on how to date... Worked for me!! I married the man I met after reading this book!
Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)
I loved this book!! The principles were great and really emphasized the self-worth of a woman as well as the importance of valuing yourself above all else when seeking a romantic relationship. I have to say just how refreshing it was to come across something like this, especially in this time and age where the rules on finding love and keeping it are all up in the air. I liked that she rooted her principles in biblical scripture and brought it all back home to what mattered most: what God ordain ...more
Adrienna
This book looks familiar; unsure if it is stashed in a box from my library before the move last year or simply read this back in 2007/08 (the former cover). However, I am lead to read it now. So far, I am reading quite quickly though the book--conversational if you like these type of reads as if she is talking to you 'honey child' or 'sistah girlfriend' style. Usually I loved her reads in the past, but hope to have a great outcome with this one in the next couple of days...

Some parts I sadly fou
Ltorrealba
Nov 04, 2014 Ltorrealba rated it it was ok
I probably learned a lot from this book when I first read it in high school. I don't disagree with several of the major points: get a life and don't come off as desperate, basically. BUT the content in this book is scattered and a bit shallow and there are so many half formed metaphors that are hard to follow. Overall I couldn't wait to finish it and be done.
Felisia
Apr 17, 2013 Felisia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book delve deep more in the single life and what we should do as a single in order to get more leverage and continue to maximize the potential. I think every single woman should read this book

untuk pembaca di Indonesia, terdapat versi indonesia terbitan interaksa dengan judul "Wanita penuh pesona"
Tracee Tatum
This book so far would be great for any single woman of today to read. So often women chase men around for their affections, when it is the MAN's job to the chasing. The book explores gender roles in the realm of dating.
Heidi Yost
Apr 03, 2009 Heidi Yost rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-growth
This was an interesting book. It just talked about all the things my mentors have told me through the years! But if you are looking for advise for being a godly woman -- this author is amazing!
Beth
Dec 13, 2007 Beth rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
There are some great prayers in here. Every woman should be empowered by some of the ideas in here. And she's hilarious!
Antoinete West
Sep 17, 2014 Antoinete West rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly divine spiritual leader

I chose this rating, because she is a woman who uses the bible to reinforce Godly living without manipulating the Word of God. Her ministry has blessed me in ways more than one! She teaches you those things that our mothers should have taught, what institutions can't teach, and what most influential people will not teach. Her thoughts and insight on paper transformed into the spiritual mentorship that I greatly needed as a young woman desiring to live for Christ;
Andrea
Aug 05, 2015 Andrea rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book is full of soulful, Southern advice on dating and relationships. I love the author's voice as she explains each idea with Bible stories and personal examples. I think the "secrets" are not the same as the chapter titles which is kind of what the author implies but they are in the book. The intended audience is the modern American woman who is still single because of dating mishaps. As a married woman I was still able to benefit simply because I experienced dating mishaps that I wasn't ...more
Adedoyin Adesanya
Oct 23, 2013 Adedoyin Adesanya rated it it was amazing
The book:
Women in their desperation to have someone in their lives, have forfeited their power and have become frustrated victims in affairs of the heart. Rules are made to maintain order from relationship to flow of traffic, the principle remains the same. Stay in order and things will move smoothly, get out of order and you will run smack-dab into difficulty.
The principle woman as she calls her, is a woman of spiritual principle, not only does she have a learned knowledge of who she is and h
Nina Singhapakdi
Sep 28, 2016 Nina Singhapakdi rated it really liked it
I love anything by Michelle McKinney Hammond. She's so wise and speaks biblical truth into you the entire book, but she does so in a way that's engaging, sassy, witty, and fun. I really enjoy reading her books because afterwards, I feel so much better equipped to handle life - and also encouraged.
Melissa Omolo
Was awesome, but I will need a refresher, cause the last time I read it was 6 years ago....:-)
May 29, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book!!! Very insightful!
Briana
Jul 27, 2011 Briana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual Michelle cuts to the core of the very matters women think about with honesty and plain-speaking and she backs it all up with scriptural references that you can study so you may know for yourself. She brings up a great deal of valid points a lot of women haven't considered as well. A great read for any woman who wants to be married.
Annie J
Mar 31, 2013 Annie J rated it it was amazing
GET A LIFE! my favorite quote from this book! READ THIS ASAP!! This book needs to be thought in schools to our girls!! This is awesome for all women and great principals for women to live by to start teaching our girls at very young age!! I love her sarcastic writing style! She's blunt and funny!! Read it in two days! LOVE IT!!!
Liz
Jun 16, 2007 Liz rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: single Christian women
I read this book, along with "The Rules." I found this one to be more biblically based, but both were relevant. What I took from The Rules was to have some self-respect, girl! What I took from Secrets was much more biblically grounded principles for interacting with men. Excellent read, married or unmarried.
Cindy
Sep 23, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing
I think this was a well thought-out and written book. I enjoyed her authenticity and genuineness along with truth from scripture. It was encouraging and very helpful both spiritually and practical. I recommend this to all single and married women who struggle with relationships and finding the "one".
Jedidah Moses
Jan 21, 2014 Jedidah Moses rated it it was amazing
it is a wonderful book
Theresa
Jun 05, 2012 Theresa rated it it was amazing
A must-read book for single ladies out there.

This book outlined the principles a lady/woman must have while waiting for his man God prepares for her and in keeping him.

Reminder: Be a PRINCIPLES woman. Wait for God's best!

Grab a copy now...
Shahad Al
Sep 02, 2014 Shahad Al rated it it was amazing
Amazing book , I keep reading it all over again .
Dionne
Jan 13, 2011 Dionne rated it it was amazing
This book really made me look at how I behave towards men and help me to change my attitude in how I approach them
Patricia Tharpe
Nov 30, 2012 Patricia Tharpe rated it really liked it
Another wonderful Christian focused regarding walking as a female Christian. I enjoyed it.
Chevonne
this book enlightened me she gave a lot of spiritual background
Jessica
May 12, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for all single women and even teens!!!
Benx
Oct 02, 2010 Benx is currently reading it
a dear family friend-turned-sister gave it to me before I set for an "adventure" here in Africa.. maybe I wasn't looking closely on the bookshelves before, 'cause if I did, I should have finished this book already! but wt's the rush.. I was advised not to read it at one sitting..rather, take time on it..ponder on each chapter as I go thru.. and that's what I've been doin'.. and with each passing day, the picture gets more and more clear to me.. about my worth as a woman..

I'd like to give credit
Iheoma Egesi
Iheoma Egesi marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
  • Reduce Me to Love: Unlocking the Secret to Lasting Joy
  • God's Leading Lady
  • Waiting and Dating
  • Do You Think I'm Beautiful?
  • No More Sheets: The Truth about Sex
  • The Most Important Year in a Woman's Life/The Most Important Year in a Man's Life: What Every Bride Needs to Know / What Every Groom Needs to Know
  • Making Love Last Forever
  • Beyond Charity: The Call to Christian Community Development
  • How to Study the Bible for Yourself
  • A Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study: A Refreshingly Unique Look at God's Word
  • The 30-Day Praise Challenge
  • Knight in Shining Armor: Discovering Your Lifelong Love
  • The Secret Things of God: Unlocking the Treasures Reserved for You
  • Every Young Woman's Battle: Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World
  • Gentlewoman: Etiquette for a Lady, from a Gentleman
  • Loving God with All Your Mind
  • Shame Interrupted: How God Lifts the Pain of Worthlessness and Rejection
  • Never Check E-Mail In the Morning: And Other Unexpected Strategies for Making Your Work Life Work
From her official website:

As a bestselling author, speaker, singer and television co-host, Michelle has authored over 30 books (selling over one million copies worldwide), including best-selling titles The Diva Principle, Sassy, Single and Satisfied, 101 Ways to Get and Keep His Attention, and Secrets of an Irresistible Woman. A gifted vocalist, Michelle has recorded two CD’s, It’s Amazing and Le
More about Michelle McKinney Hammond...

“Chew on this: the man who truly loves you will be willing to pay the price for you, like the merchant “who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it” (Matthew 13:46 KJV). He’ll sell worldly ideas about sex before marriage, other women he’s kept on reserve…you name it, he’ll get rid of it, in order to be in position to win you! Jesus paid the price to redeem you. How much more should a mortal man be willing to pay to possess your love?” 5 likes