Start by marking “Dark Water (Fog Point, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Water (Fog Point, #1)

Dark Water (Fog Point #1)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  148 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
P.I. Jake Rikker has been retained to find a stalker. A challenge that could help redeem his lifeâ?"if he doesnâ?t lose it first. A private investigator, kayak adventurer, and whale watching to
Published April 18th 2006 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about Dark Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Water

Ashley Daviau
Apr 15, 2016 Ashley Daviau rated it liked it
This book has left me a tad conflicted. While I did enjoy most of it, I found the main character Elise quite strange/annoying from the very start. But then with the way it ended, which TOTALLY threw me, it kind of explained her weirdness. I guess a part of me knew there was something fishy about her and that's why I disliked her. I quite enjoyed the rest of the book though, I always like a good mystery/suspense story and if this book was anything it was definitely that!
Georgiann Hennelly
Aug 24, 2015 Georgiann Hennelly rated it it was amazing
Jake Rikker is a private investigator and a Whale - Watching tour guide he is based out of an old purple church, He is caught off guard by his new client Elise St Dennis an up- and coming jewelry designer. She wants him to find something- not an object but an ex con who has traced her to Fog Point. She is afraid to go to the police and she is a little desperate. Jake -senses an attraction to her so he throws himself into helping her. Aided by May a crusty Widow and also his business partner. But ...more
Barbara
Linda Hall's Fog Point series revolves around whale-watching tour guide Jake Rikker and his widowed partner, May. They're enlisted to help Elise St. Dennis, an acclaimed jewelry designer who has been corresponding with a prison inmate named Wesley Stoller, who is released and is believed to be stalking her. Jake develops feelings for Elise, despite her erratic behavior (she refuses to allow the police to be involved). May suspects some locals might be involved (the ne'er-do-well Featherjohn fami ...more
Denise
Jan 23, 2015 Denise rated it really liked it
This is my second book by this author. I really enjoyed seeing some of the same characters. I liked Jake and May and how they worked together. It was a good suspenseful read. I actually read the second book first and then saw this one. I look forward to reading more about Fog Point.
Alicia
Mar 01, 2015 Alicia rated it liked it
Recommends it for: No one in particular--see review
Recommended to Alicia by: No one
Review to come
Torimac
Apr 06, 2011 Torimac rated it it was ok
Well, I guess I liked the writing and the action till about 2/3 thru the book. Then I felt the author got confused. The ending was terrible: the "villian" was framed, the most interesting and sinister character was still unknown by the main characters, I wasn't sure who the main characters really were, and subplots had gotten mixed up in the main plot for no good reason.
Too bad. The first 2/3 really showed the author could build suspense and action.
Sheri
Apr 15, 2014 Sheri rated it it was amazing
This took me a while to read only because life through us into a loop when my mom got sick and came to live with us on hospice. When my mom past it took me awhile to pick it up again but when I did it was like I never put it down. I loved the ending because it makes you feel like there is more out there. It's not the kind of ending that you feel left out there hanging. I am now reading the second book in the series and am already enjoying that.
Pam
Feb 05, 2016 Pam rated it really liked it
I remember liking these books.
Feb 25, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
The last one-hundred pages are the best. There seemed to be a lot of distracting sub-stories...almost like the author wanted to throw the reader off. Instead they were just annoying and made the book longer than necessary.
Viv
Jul 18, 2008 Viv rated it it was ok
Starts off well, with lots of twists and turns that keeps you guessing ... then about 3 chapters from the end all is revealed in such a way that it feels like an anti-climax with a dissappointing ending.
Barbara
Apr 18, 2007 Barbara rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book and it was a really quick read. The "heroine" was a bit needy for my taste but all in all I would recommend it. Interesting characters and nice story location.
David Johnston
Aug 23, 2013 David Johnston rated it it was ok
Private detective finds himself hired by a woman who isn't telling him the whole story. But in the end this attempt at small town noir ends up a little dumb.
Jennifer W
Dec 16, 2008 Jennifer W rated it really liked it
I love me a good mystery. I really enjoyed how the characters were not all they seemed to be. I can't wait to read the sequel.
Jul 30, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Really good. I love mysteries. And Linda Hall is a very good writer. I enjoy her style a lot.
Steph
Jun 14, 2012 Steph rated it it was ok
Not a bad book, but I thought it was very predictable. I also wan't a big fan of the characters.
Lynell
Jul 12, 2009 Lynell rated it liked it
slow to develop characters and plot; good mystery; not very Christian
Andrea
Jul 14, 2008 Andrea rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this mystery - veyr well done setting and characters.
Lora
Jul 05, 2012 Lora rated it it was ok

Rather juvenile. Usually love her books.
Kathi
Apr 04, 2013 Kathi rated it liked it
Quick read...good for get away reading....
Stephanie Smith
Stephanie Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Susan B
Susan B marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Pasteurs Louise-anne
Pasteurs Louise-anne rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Juliana
Juliana rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
Sharon Rodger
Sharon Rodger rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Apr 25, 2016
Frankie Simpson
Frankie Simpson rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Rachel Copeland
Rachel Copeland marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
  • Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)
  • Storm Surge (The Storm Series #3)
  • Tested by Fire (Baxter #1)
  • Dangerous Depths (The Aloha Reef Series #3)
  • Caught in the Middle (Amhearst Mystery Series #1) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #50)
  • A Time to Mend
  • The Breaking Point
  • The Living End
  • Awaken My Heart
  • Riptide (The Julesburg Mysteries #2)
I write mystery novels and short stories. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short stories.

For infor
More about Linda Hall...

Fog Point (2 books)
  • Black Ice (Fog Point, #2)