Start by marking “Dark Water (Fog Point, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Water (Fog Point, #1)

Dark Water (Fog Point #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  14 reviews
P.I. Jake Rikker has been retained to find a stalker. A challenge that could help redeem his lifeâ?"if he doesnâ?t lose it first. A private investigator, kayak adventurer, and whale watching to
Published April 18th 2006 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Water

Barbara
Linda Hall's Fog Point series revolves around whale-watching tour guide Jake Rikker and his widowed partner, May. They're enlisted to help Elise St. Dennis, an acclaimed jewelry designer who has been corresponding with a prison inmate named Wesley Stoller, who is released and is believed to be stalking her. Jake develops feelings for Elise, despite her erratic behavior (she refuses to allow the police to be involved). May suspects some locals might be involved (the ne'er-do-well Featherjohn fami ...more
Torimac
Well, I guess I liked the writing and the action till about 2/3 thru the book. Then I felt the author got confused. The ending was terrible: the "villian" was framed, the most interesting and sinister character was still unknown by the main characters, I wasn't sure who the main characters really were, and subplots had gotten mixed up in the main plot for no good reason.
Too bad. The first 2/3 really showed the author could build suspense and action.
Sheri
This took me a while to read only because life through us into a loop when my mom got sick and came to live with us on hospice. When my mom past it took me awhile to pick it up again but when I did it was like I never put it down. I loved the ending because it makes you feel like there is more out there. It's not the kind of ending that you feel left out there hanging. I am now reading the second book in the series and am already enjoying that.
The last one-hundred pages are the best. There seemed to be a lot of distracting sub-stories...almost like the author wanted to throw the reader off. Instead they were just annoying and made the book longer than necessary.
Viv
Starts off well, with lots of twists and turns that keeps you guessing ... then about 3 chapters from the end all is revealed in such a way that it feels like an anti-climax with a dissappointing ending.
Barbara
I enjoyed this book and it was a really quick read. The "heroine" was a bit needy for my taste but all in all I would recommend it. Interesting characters and nice story location.
David Johnston
Private detective finds himself hired by a woman who isn't telling him the whole story. But in the end this attempt at small town noir ends up a little dumb.
Jennifer W
I love me a good mystery. I really enjoyed how the characters were not all they seemed to be. I can't wait to read the sequel.
Really good. I love mysteries. And Linda Hall is a very good writer. I enjoy her style a lot.
Steph
Not a bad book, but I thought it was very predictable. I also wan't a big fan of the characters.
Lynell
slow to develop characters and plot; good mystery; not very Christian
Andrea
Enjoyed this mystery - veyr well done setting and characters.
Lora

Rather juvenile. Usually love her books.
Kathi
Quick read...good for get away reading....
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
NewAppleBookAwards
NewAppleBookAwards marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Cathy Daniel
Cathy Daniel marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Coffee52
Coffee52 marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Ruth E. R.
Ruth E. R. marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Annie Schuler
Annie Schuler marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I am an author of novels of mystery and romantic suspense. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short
More about Linda Hall...
Steal Away (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery Series) Sadie's Song (Coast of Maine, #4) Black Ice (Fog Point, #2) Chat Room (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery Series) Katheryn's Secret (Coast of Maine, #3)