Start by marking “Time Dancers (The Meq, #2)” as Want to Read:
Time Dancers (The Meq, #2)

Time Dancers (The Meq #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  186 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Steve Cash created �an absorbing [and] intriguing saga� (The San Diego Union-Tribune) in his debut novel, The Meq. Outwardly indistinguishable from human beings, but with abilities no human can claim, the Meq search for their lost history and face a mysterious prophesied reckoning. . . .

It has been thirty-eight years since Zianno�known as Z�turned twelve. In appear
Published May 30th 2006 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Time Dancers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Dancers

Emma (Miss Print)
"Time Dancers" is the second book in Steve Cash's sweeping fantasy trilogy called "The Meq" (also the title of the first book in the trilogy). When forced to explain the plot of "The Meq" in one sentence, my reply is this: the story is like the Highlander TV series/movies but the immortals here are twelve years old. To get more specific, the Meq stop aging when they turn twelve until they find their ameq (their soul mate). Once they are united, the two enter what is called "The Wait" until they ...more
Kayla
Time Dancers
by Steve Cash
ISBN: 0345470931
Publisher: Del Rey 416 Pgs

The sequel to The Meq is another page turner. The story of Zianno and the Meq continues with even more action. Him, Opari and the others who hold one of four stones. These stones provide them with extra powers that other Meq don't have and it becomes their job to find the fifth stone that will help them through the Remembering. One in a trilogy, Time Dancers picks up where The Meq left off. The Meq are a race who stop aging when
Jami
I didn't like this book as well as the first one. I kept hearing yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah in my head. Yeah they are a bunch of twelve year olds who can somehow travel globally without incident. Yeah the Fleur Du Mal is evil but I don't think he elaborates on that enough. He flits into the story knows everything that is going on and flits out again while the rest of the cast blunders about. How many times can you write the same scenario without it becoming dull. I think Steve Cash tries to w ...more
Celici
Faith Quick
second book in the meq trilogy. the first book leaves you dying to know what happens next. the second book does not disappoint and it leaves you aching for the third. it is truelly a dance of time between the meq and humans. although the meq are immortal you see their humanity filled with their strengths and weaknesses. you are hurtled into the world of mystery/magic and whirled through history, through time.
Topher
The continuing story of Z, who has recently celebrated his 12th birthday for the 38th time. I love the historical guest stars in this trilogy. I like a well-written book that forces me to refer to wikipedia every hour or so to figure out who someone is likely to be (ie "Tumpy" Josephine = Josephine Baker).

Very enjoyable, very well-written. I'll be a little sad when I finish the next book.
Alice
The second installment in the Meq series...amazing still. Cash is one of those truly imaginative writers that make you wonder how they come up with the things they do.

The characters are so real and they work their way through world events we all know about. Cash doesn't dwell on the world stage, but lets history infuse his story with richness.

Can't wait for the third one.
April
I hate middle books. This one ended with . . . nope, I'm not going to tell. Now I have to wait for the final one. It was scheduled for release in 2007, but was delayed by the publisher. It's now due in February 2011. That's a five year wait. (I guess I can't complain. Just think of all those people waiting for the last Jane Auel book.)
Kristen
Like all second books in a series it seems, this was weaker than book one, but with a huge cliffhanger ending. The search for the sixth stone and Fleur-de-Mal seems to cloud the judgement of the characters and I was disappointed with the way the story moved away from the tribe of Basque herdsman/protectors.
Debby Kean
This is a well-realised and unique world, parallel to ours, and the characters are fascinating! I couldn't finish book 1 in the series (this is book 2) and it's past the boring stuff! Excellent.. One historical fluff but that's not important...
gabrielle
This story interested me enough, despite the stilted writing style, that I'll keep a look out for the third in the series. I wish I'd taken notes when the characters were introduced, so I could keep their multiple names straight.
Shannon
This is the second Meq book, and it was just as good as the first, if not better. The only thing I have to complain about is that it ends in such a great cliffhanger and yet the third book has yet to come out.
Monica
Not nearly as good as the first book. Too many historical events of significance to be swallowable, even in a fantasy novel. I'm still hooked enough I'm going to finish the series though.
Dennis Simmons
Awesome. I can't wait for book three.
Yashraj
Yashraj marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Joshua Styers
Joshua Styers marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Bronwyn
Bronwyn marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Acffac
Acffac added it
Nov 27, 2014
Nawamin
Nawamin marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Alicia Ayres
Alicia Ayres marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Erin Havelka
Erin Havelka marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
William Daniels
William Daniels marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Seguleh First
Seguleh First marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The November Criminals
  • Guardian Wolf (Alpha Force #3)
  • The Necessary Beggar
  • Empire of Bones
  • The Sons of Heaven (The Company, #8)
  • Webs of Power: Notes from the Global Uprising
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines #3)
  • The Shadow at Evening (The Lamb Among the Stars, #1)
  • Ally (Wess'Har Wars, #5)
  • Dangerous Offspring (Fourlands, #3)
  • The Best Things in Death (The Memory Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Lye Street (Deepgate Codex, #0)
  • Radiant (Expendables #5)
  • Mage-Guard of Hamor (Saga of Recluce, #15)
  • Conqueror (Time's Tapestry, #2)
  • To Tame a Land
  • The Door to Lost Pages
  • The Perimeter (Outside #3)
Steve Cash is a singer-songwriter and a founding member of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. He was born in 1946.
More about Steve Cash...
The Meq The Remembering (The Meq, #3) The Remembering: Book Three of The Meq Remembering: Book Three of the Meq