Start by marking “Time Dancers (The Meq, #2)” as Want to Read:
Time Dancers (The Meq, #2)

Time Dancers (The Meq #2)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  210 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Steve Cash created “an absorbing [and] intriguing saga” (The San Diego Union-Tribune) in his debut novel, The Meq. Outwardly indistinguishable from human beings, but with abilities no human can claim, the Meq search for their lost history and face a mysterious prophesied reckoning. . . .

It has been thirty-eight years since Zianno–known as Z–turned twelve. In appearance, he
Published May 30th 2006 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Time Dancers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Dancers

Emma
May 24, 2008 Emma rated it really liked it
"Time Dancers" is the second book in Steve Cash's sweeping fantasy trilogy called "The Meq" (also the title of the first book in the trilogy). When forced to explain the plot of "The Meq" in one sentence, my reply is this: the story is like the Highlander TV series/movies but the immortals here are twelve years old. To get more specific, the Meq stop aging when they turn twelve until they find their ameq (their soul mate). Once they are united, the two enter what is called "The Wait" until they ...more
Kayla
Time Dancers
by Steve Cash
ISBN: 0345470931
Publisher: Del Rey 416 Pgs

The sequel to The Meq is another page turner. The story of Zianno and the Meq continues with even more action. Him, Opari and the others who hold one of four stones. These stones provide them with extra powers that other Meq don't have and it becomes their job to find the fifth stone that will help them through the Remembering. One in a trilogy, Time Dancers picks up where The Meq left off. The Meq are a race who stop aging when
Jami
Apr 04, 2011 Jami rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book as well as the first one. I kept hearing yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah in my head. Yeah they are a bunch of twelve year olds who can somehow travel globally without incident. Yeah the Fleur Du Mal is evil but I don't think he elaborates on that enough. He flits into the story knows everything that is going on and flits out again while the rest of the cast blunders about. How many times can you write the same scenario without it becoming dull. I think Steve Cash tries to w ...more
Celici
Apr 09, 2011 Celici rated it really liked it
Faith Quick
Dec 02, 2007 Faith Quick rated it it was amazing
second book in the meq trilogy. the first book leaves you dying to know what happens next. the second book does not disappoint and it leaves you aching for the third. it is truelly a dance of time between the meq and humans. although the meq are immortal you see their humanity filled with their strengths and weaknesses. you are hurtled into the world of mystery/magic and whirled through history, through time.
Topher
Sep 16, 2012 Topher rated it it was amazing
The continuing story of Z, who has recently celebrated his 12th birthday for the 38th time. I love the historical guest stars in this trilogy. I like a well-written book that forces me to refer to wikipedia every hour or so to figure out who someone is likely to be (ie "Tumpy" Josephine = Josephine Baker).

Very enjoyable, very well-written. I'll be a little sad when I finish the next book.
Alice
Aug 20, 2009 Alice rated it it was amazing
The second installment in the Meq series...amazing still. Cash is one of those truly imaginative writers that make you wonder how they come up with the things they do.

The characters are so real and they work their way through world events we all know about. Cash doesn't dwell on the world stage, but lets history infuse his story with richness.

Can't wait for the third one.
April
Dec 28, 2010 April rated it it was amazing
I hate middle books. This one ended with . . . nope, I'm not going to tell. Now I have to wait for the final one. It was scheduled for release in 2007, but was delayed by the publisher. It's now due in February 2011. That's a five year wait. (I guess I can't complain. Just think of all those people waiting for the last Jane Auel book.)
Kristen
Mar 06, 2011 Kristen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like all second books in a series it seems, this was weaker than book one, but with a huge cliffhanger ending. The search for the sixth stone and Fleur-de-Mal seems to cloud the judgement of the characters and I was disappointed with the way the story moved away from the tribe of Basque herdsman/protectors.
Debby Kean
Nov 10, 2010 Debby Kean rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, sf
This is a well-realised and unique world, parallel to ours, and the characters are fascinating! I couldn't finish book 1 in the series (this is book 2) and it's past the boring stuff! Excellent.. One historical fluff but that's not important...
gabrielle
Oct 27, 2009 gabrielle rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
This story interested me enough, despite the stilted writing style, that I'll keep a look out for the third in the series. I wish I'd taken notes when the characters were introduced, so I could keep their multiple names straight.
Shannon
Jul 01, 2008 Shannon rated it it was amazing
This is the second Meq book, and it was just as good as the first, if not better. The only thing I have to complain about is that it ends in such a great cliffhanger and yet the third book has yet to come out.
Monica
Apr 14, 2011 Monica rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
Not nearly as good as the first book. Too many historical events of significance to be swallowable, even in a fantasy novel. I'm still hooked enough I'm going to finish the series though.
Dennis Simmons
Aug 20, 2009 Dennis Simmons rated it it was amazing
Awesome. I can't wait for book three.
Fionna Chisholm
Fionna Chisholm marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Ariana O'Brien
Ariana O'Brien rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Marshalll Vance
Marshalll Vance rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
James Walker
James Walker rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Staki
Staki marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Gigs
Gigs marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Amanda Holzhausen
Amanda Holzhausen marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Kristi
Kristi added it
Feb 12, 2016
Roxanne Taylor
Roxanne Taylor rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
  • The Necessary Beggar
  • Operation Shield (Cassandra Kresnov, #5)
  • Guardian Wolf (Alpha Force #3)
  • The Empress of Mars
  • Empire of Bones
  • Fire Caste
  • The Dark Foundations (The Lamb Among the Stars, #3)
  • Beyond the Wall of Time (The Broken Man, #3)
  • The Best Things in Death (The Memory Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Savage City (Romanitas, #3)
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to 2012
  • The November Criminals
  • For the Love of Death (The Death Series, #7)
  • Winter's Scars: The Forsaken (Winter's Saga, #5)
  • Dangerous Offspring (Fourlands, #3)
  • Grail (Jacob's Ladder, #3)
  • Once Before Time: A Whole Story of the Universe
Steve Cash is a singer-songwriter and a founding member of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. He was born in 1946.
More about Steve Cash...

The Meq (3 books)
  • The Meq
  • The Remembering (The Meq, #3)