Start by marking “Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways (Rhiannon Godfrey, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways (Rhiannon Godfrey, #1)

Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways (Rhiannon Godfrey #1)

Rhiannon Godfrey is a psychic prodigy, but her parents don't see things her way. They think she needs a "normal" high school experienceshe wants to stay in trendy Vegas. In the small farming town of Crystal Lake, being Wiccan doesn't exactly help the Godfreys blend in. Beyond angry, Rhiannon neglects to inform her parents the farmhouse they just bought is haunted. Instead, ...more
Published December 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published April 8th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways

Sarah Pants
Nov 07, 2011 Sarah Pants rated it liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasure
I also got this book as a freebie on my Kindle. I was sucked in by the snappy title and the subject matter--witchy stuff is near and dear to me.

It's a YA series for sure and Rhiannon is a pretty typical spoiled teenager. I've seen reviews that say she's a pain in the ass, but honestly, that's what teenagers are. I found the storyline interesting and it was well written enough that I could chew through the book pretty quickly.

The author has done research on Wicca, which is appreciated. However, I
Anne Hartman
Jul 11, 2009 Anne Hartman rated it really liked it
For some reason, I am LOVING young adult books!
Rhiannon is a great character...in the first of a series, Rhiannon moves to a small town, and right away, finds trouble with the popular girl Janet. Unfortunately, Janet is the twin sister of super-hot Jared, who is quite the opposite of his twin. Rhiannon has a hard time learning to like living in a small town (coming from Las Vegas), and going to a normal school (she is coming from an institute for psychics). Thankfully, the 'Losers' take her und
Michelle
OMG, so, like, I read this book and I was all like, Ohmigod, someone finally understands me! Not like my parents, because, like, they are sooo lame, you know. So I was all like, WTF is up with this book? Some weird ghosty chick? And a girl who can, like, move stuff with her mind? And then that lame bee itch who has it in for the second girl? And crazy parents who totally do NOT get how they are ruining their daughter's life? And insane vernacular that just shows how long it has been since the au ...more
Tamara
Oct 13, 2011 Tamara rated it really liked it
Shell
Aug 11, 2011 Shell rated it did not like it
This book was a free download. That being said, I'm really glad I did not pay for it. And had it not been free to begin with, I probably would not have even considered it.
I'm a sucker for paranormal, magic, demons, etc.
But the main character in this story turned me off, from the first word out of her mouth. She is a whiny, complaining, ungrateful, child. I could deal with that, as someone that I would have guessed to be 10 years old would be like that if she'd had everything handed to her in lif
Stephanie
Oct 31, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: middle school & up
Shelves: magic, ya

Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways by Traci Hall
middle school & up

Rhiannon is a fairly typical girl: she likes cute clothes, cute boys and is perpetually embarrassed by her parents. She's also upset because her family has just moved from Las Vegas to a small town named Crystal Lake. The atypical part of Rhiannon? Her parents follow the Wiccan religion and she herself has the power of telekinesis.

I greatly enjoyed this book. It is such a nice change of pace to have Wicca treated as a valid religion. Usu
Darlene
Dec 12, 2011 Darlene rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young adults, Yvensong
Recommended to Darlene by: ?
Ever feel embarrassed by your parents while loving them for who they are and what they stand for? I think that may be exactly what adolescence is in a nutshell. Oh sure, there are those darned hormones, but seeking to become independent beings is the thrust that sends us from our childhood homes. And this seems to be the theme of Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways.

It is obvious that Traci Hall remembers those struggles. And since I could identify with Rhiannon's mother's point of view as well as the daught
Adriane
Aug 13, 2011 Adriane rated it really liked it
So this book took me a while because I was at Disney (which was super fun), but the book was decent. I don't know why a lot of the reviews slam this book so hard, it wasn't bad at all, it wasn't super great but I really enjoyed reading it. I might read the next in the series, I'm not sure when though as my list is pretty long right now. The only complaint I have is the cover throws me off, it looks like a sexy adult type title but it's a general young adult read, so I think the cover should bett ...more
GoldenjoyBazyll
Jul 20, 2009 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it liked it
Shelves: witchy-reads
Rhiannon could levitate pencils at preschool- scaring the wits out of the teacher and making her classmates cry. She ended up at a special school called the institute where she met other kids with paranormal abilities like hers. Now she is 14 and her New Age parents want her to live a "normal" life and go to a real high school so they pack up the truck and move to Beverly H-I-L-L-S that is.... swimming pools, movie stars. Oh wait, that's a different story. Rhiannon's family moves to a place call ...more
Ravenclawprefect
Aug 09, 2009 Ravenclawprefect rated it did not like it
Well, it was a free Kindle books so why not give it a try? It has very little to do with Wicca so I think the title is misleading if you are looking for something more Wiccan. The plot is lacking and the back story that is alluded to but never really explored is much more interesting than the story we do get.

Maybe a younger reader would enjoy it more but I think my pre-teen would find it lame as well.
Reen
Aug 09, 2011 Reen rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Rhiannon Godfrey is a psychic prodigy who has been living in Las Vegas at Dr. Richards's Institute of Parapsychology. For some reason her parents decide to move to a farming town called Crystal Lake. They say it's so she can have a normal life in High School but she wants to go back to the city. Strangely enough the house they live in seems to be haunted and the most popular girl in town hates her. This was a fun read with interesting characters but a bit predictable.
stormhawk
Jul 14, 2009 stormhawk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Entertaining tale about teenager with telekinetic abilities. Throw in some teenage angst (the author nails the ups and downs of high school), a ghost, and a vindictive blonde and her cronies, and you end up with a non-obvious plot, and a good bit of fun.

Got it as a free Kindle Download, otherwise probably wouldn't have selected it.
Claudia
Aug 23, 2009 Claudia rated it it was ok
If this hadn't been the only book I had open on my kindle, and if I hadn't been trapped with no 'real' books, I would probably tossed this instead of finishing. Not much to recommend, expect a clever title. Witches, mean girls, fish-out-of-water teenager...

I don't think I really believed any of the characters...

Not the worst book I've ever read....
Loni Cranney
Jun 22, 2009 Loni Cranney rated it really liked it
This book was a free download on my Kindle and I knew nothing about it. It is a young adult novel, but it is well written and describes teenage angst perfectly. I like the twist of Rhiannon being different from her peers because she has supernatural powers as well as being tall and beautiful. I might read the other books in the series, because I was honestly surprised at how good this was.
Anastacia
Sep 16, 2011 Anastacia marked it as never-finished  ·  review of another edition
Book was sent for review. I've tried to get into it half a dozen times, & I just never could get into it. It's well written, has a great plot, interesting characters, & is totally my type of book -- I just couldn't get going reading it.
Christine
Jun 30, 2009 Christine rated it liked it
Cute young adult book. I think it'd get more traffic with a different title. Typical story of a transplanted teenager--with a ghostly twist!

As of present, this book is a free download on kindle from Amazon.
Melanie
Oct 16, 2011 Melanie rated it it was ok
This book was a little weird from the start and I don't agree with this magic stuff, so I wsas off of it from the beginning. Then I think the fact that she was so young just made me not want to read it. I dunno. It seemed a little fake as well, like bad acting in a movie.
Wendy
Oct 30, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it
I got this for free on my kindle and have since added it to my kindle iphone app since I didnt seem to be getting around to it. I started it today while at the school bus stop and am enjoying it. So far it is snarky and has grabbed my attention
Corina Prince
Jan 10, 2015 Corina Prince rated it really liked it
This was pretty good for a YA novel. It kept my interest and it helped since I am into witchcraft I understood most of what was happening. Even if the character was slightly younger then I. #2 is on my list to read!
Jessica
Mar 22, 2014 Jessica rated it it was ok
Okay, just kind of weird. I can't say that I wish I hadn't read it because it was fine in it's own right but I have no desire to search out the rest of the series. The story starts with a good idea, it just go good places with it.
Shannon
Not bad for a free kindle book. The plot wrapped up a little too quickly and perfectly.
Samm Serrinnitty
Loved this book. Definitely want to finish the series.
Sheila
Feb 06, 2012 Sheila rated it liked it
Good start of a YA series. I will continue the series. I really like the main character Rhiannon, but it's sometimes hard to be reminded of how much high school sucked.
Jessica
Sep 22, 2009 Jessica rated it liked it
I have to admit this book grew on me. It was a free kindle download. It's not, by any stretch, great literature... but it was entertaining and a good, not too serious read right before bed.
John
Jul 23, 2015 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid

Good young adult book without annoying angst. Relatable characters, fast read. Overall a good book. Will read the second book.
Ginger
Feb 08, 2011 Ginger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA Paranormal Fans
I enjoyed reading this YA Paranormal book. I will be looking for the other books in this series.
Amber Moore
This book is great. IF you have ever dabbles in the wiccan or want to you should definately read this. It was a cute story and a very easy read.
Beth
Oct 15, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it
This is great for young girls. Rhiannon is far more self reflective than is accurate for this age but it may help the reader see things more clearly.
Julaine
Aug 14, 2009 Julaine rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
Ok - it's a teenager novel, but I enjoyed it.
Sukyatk
Aug 06, 2011 Sukyatk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far so good.
  • Beautiful Sins: Leigha Lowery  (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #1)
  • The Gift of Fury (Count Albritton #2)
  • Lord Demon's Delight (Demons of Dunmore, #1)
  • Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)
  • Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2)
  • Moonstone (Unbidden Magic, #1)
  • The Knight of Death: The Assassin Chronicles (The Red Cross of Gold #1)
  • Unbreakable (Shadow Destroyers, #1)
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • The Matchmakers
  • Mozart's Blood
  • The Brass Bed (Jewel Heiss #1)
  • Delivery
  • DemonFire (DemonSlayers, #1)
  • Staked (Time Brokers, #1)
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • One O'Clock Jump: A Dorie Lennox Mystery
  • The Fey
Traci Hall also writes books under the name Traci E. Hall
More about Traci Hall...

Rhiannon Godfrey (3 books)
  • Something Wiccan This Way Comes (Rhiannon Godfrey, #2)
  • Wiccan Cool (Rhiannon Godfrey, #3)