A Chance to Dream (Triple Countess, #2)

A Chance to Dream (Triple Countess #2)

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A love too strong to disguise, a disgrace too deep to ignore. The second book in the Triple Countess series. Orlando Garland, Lord Blyth, has spent a lifetime restoring the family fortunes but now it's time for him to think of himself for a change. When he hires a dowdy companion for his invalid sister, it doesn't take him long to suspect "Charlotte" is more than she appea...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published November 6th 2007)

Lord Rose
The beginning of this book was slooow. I was almost ready to abandon it about a third of the way in, and only kept on because I want to read the rest of the series. But it did pick up a bit eventually, and by the end I was more engaged.

Like the first book, the author seemed to misuse a few words. There were also a few inconsistencies, but not nearly as many as the first book.

The characters seemed to make a number of decisions that didn't make all that much sense. A lot. (Maybe it's just me, and...more
Ana T.
Book 2 in the Triple Countess series is about Orlando, the second brother, and Violetta Palagio, the daughter of London’s most famous courtesan. Violetta has been a part of her mother’s entourage under the name La Perla Perfetta but she never revealed her face and in fact she would prefer to lead a respectable existence. When she hears from her godmother (Orlando’s mother) how his sister Perdita is an invalid she decides to disguise herself and do what she can to help.

I did like Violetta and Orl...more
Lil' Grogan
Oh..the draaaamaaa. An interesting set-up, but with a couple of confused drama queens as the leads, I kept thinking back to Romeo and Juliet (at least they had the excuse of being teenagers). Tons of irrational dialogue and martyrdom. Background story of Violetta's mother's romance was more interesting and heart-breaking.

High point: Orlando pleading Violetta to "Then whore for me!" got me in hysterics.

Low point: Distasteful use of a lesbian character as the villain. Couldn't believe all the smi...more
Penny Watson
Nov 16, 2012 Penny Watson rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Penny by: Dee
4/4.5 stars

The beginning of the book was superb! But the storyline got way too convoluted at the end. Looking forward to reading more by this author.

:^)
Dee
More like 3.5
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Epilogue1212
Epilogue1212 marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Lourdes
Lourdes marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Brianne Lombardi
Brianne Lombardi marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
Dominique
Dominique marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Savina
Savina marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Angel Starr
Angel Starr marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Mary
Mary added it
Jul 25, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
Kellie Dennis
Kellie Dennis marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2012
Valentine
Valentine marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
I was born in Leicester, England, and lived in our cobbler’s shop with my parents and sister. It was an old house and most definitely haunted, but I didn’t find out until I left that my great uncle had hung himself in the living room! But I think our ghost might have been older than that. It was built on the site of the old Roman cemetery, and the land had been constantly inhabited, being in the c...more
More about Lynne Connolly...
Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1) Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1) Seychelles Sunset (Cougar Challenge #2.5) Venice (Richard and Rose, #3) Devonshire (Richard and Rose, #2)