Start by marking “A Chance to Dream (Triple Countess, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Chance to Dream (Triple Countess, #2)

A Chance to Dream (Triple Countess #2)

A love too strong to disguise, a disgrace too deep to ignore. The second book in the Triple Countess series. Orlando Garland, Lord Blyth, has spent a lifetime restoring the family fortunes but now it's time for him to think of himself for a change. When he hires a dowdy companion for his invalid sister, it doesn't take him long to suspect "Charlotte" is more than she appea ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Chance to Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Chance to Dream

Lord Rose
The beginning of this book was slooow. I was almost ready to abandon it about a third of the way in, and only kept on because I want to read the rest of the series. But it did pick up a bit eventually, and by the end I was more engaged.

Like the first book, the author seemed to misuse a few words. There were also a few inconsistencies, but not nearly as many as the first book.

The characters seemed to make a number of decisions that didn't make all that much sense. A lot. (Maybe it's just me, and
Ana T.
Feb 19, 2010 Ana T. rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the Triple Countess series is about Orlando, the second brother, and Violetta Palagio, the daughter of London’s most famous courtesan. Violetta has been a part of her mother’s entourage under the name La Perla Perfetta but she never revealed her face and in fact she would prefer to lead a respectable existence. When she hears from her godmother (Orlando’s mother) how his sister Perdita is an invalid she decides to disguise herself and do what she can to help.

I did like Violetta and Orl
Lil' Grogan
Jul 08, 2012 Lil' Grogan rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1, historical-romance
Oh..the draaaamaaa. An interesting set-up, but with a couple of confused drama queens as the leads, I kept thinking back to Romeo and Juliet (at least they had the excuse of being teenagers). Tons of irrational dialogue and martyrdom. Background story of Violetta's mother's romance was more interesting and heart-breaking.

High point: Orlando pleading Violetta to "Then whore for me!" got me in hysterics.

Low point: Distasteful use of a lesbian character as the villain. Couldn't believe all the smi
Penny Watson
Nov 16, 2012 Penny Watson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Penny by: Dee
4/4.5 stars

The beginning of the book was superb! But the storyline got way too convoluted at the end. Looking forward to reading more by this author.

:^)
Dee
Jul 26, 2012 Dee rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, read-2012
More like 3.5
Krissy Lee
Krissy Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Patricia Schuette
Patricia Schuette marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Irma04
Irma04 rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Meghan
Meghan added it
Feb 26, 2016
Sandra R
Sandra R marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Booklover
Booklover marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Bodil
Bodil marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
R
R marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
LizzieB
LizzieB rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2015
Adnana
Adnana marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Casey Spinks
Casey Spinks rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2015
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Liz Nguyen
Liz Nguyen rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Miza Peters
Miza Peters marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I was born in Leicester, England, and lived in our cobbler’s shop with my parents and sister. It was an old house and most definitely haunted, but I didn’t find out until I left that my great uncle had hung himself in the living room! But I think our ghost might have been older than that. It was built on the site of the old Roman cemetery, and the land had been constantly inhabited, being in the c ...more
More about Lynne Connolly...

Triple Countess (4 books)
  • Last Chance, My Love (Triple Countess, #1)
  • Met by Chance (Triple Countess, #3)
  • A Betting Chance (Triple Countess, #4)