Start by marking “Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow (Bunnicula, #7)” as Want to Read:
Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow (Bunnicula, #7)

Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow (Bunnicula #7)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  707 ratings  ·  56 reviews
The Monroe house is going mad with excitement. Pete has just won a contest, and the prize is a school visit from none other than M. T. Graves, Pete's idol and the bestselling author of the FleshCrawlers series. He's even going to stay with the Monroes while he's visiting! Harold and Howie are thrilled, but Chester the cat is suspicious. Why does Graves dress all in black? ...more
Published August 5th 2008 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published August 29th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow

Lightreads
I was a bookish child. You’re all astonished, I know. But my access to books was extremely limited. This was, of course, before ebooks, so my options were to con someone into reading aloud to me (very limiting and not sustainable), trying to get something in Braille (very unlikely and extremely expensive), or hoping I could get an audiobook from my local library (usually abridged down to a third its proper length, and of course this was back before the audiobook industry actually existed in any ...more
R.
This book contains the Ultimate Koan: To eat chocolate...alone...behind a closed door...had it come to this?

---
My review? Well, I'll just copy-and-paste what I e-mailed to a friend earlier this morning:

I read Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crowe last night and...in its way...it was sad. It is the capstone to the series, as Howard (the dog) can no longer write because of arthritis: but he had to tell this final tale. :(

Chester is as insane as usual. And Edgar Allan Crow turns out to be quite (wait,
Joshua.b
The theme of this book is "anything can be real" this is because there is a cat called chester and a dog called harold. chester is always telling scary story's from a book and harold does not no what to think. as chester is telling scary story's they find out that the author of the book that chester is reading from, is coming to the hotel that they are in. There is something very strange about him. he is always asking to have one on one time with chester and harold and so they find out there is ...more
Jessica
These books are such fun, light reads with a morbid twist.
Mary
I have adored Bunnicula & the adventures of Harold and Chester for a long time. I read a lot as a kid, but no other book or series has held as much fondness for me over the years as these. So when I discovered that I had missed the stories that had come out once I made it to high school, I was overjoyed and picked up copies of all of the books to read them again. I wonder how many books from my youth would hold up as well to the memories as these have.

This was one of the books that I did not
Christina
"Bunnicula is the kind of story that does not age, and in all probability, will never die. Or stay dead, anyway..." Neil Gaiman

"Bunnicula was one funny, scary, must-read vampire bunny when he first showed up. He hasn't changed a bit. Very scary. Very funny." Jon Scieszka

"As a kid, I saw the classic movie Dracula and became instantly afraid of vampires. Many years later, I read the classic children's book Bunnicula. Now- in addition to vampires- I am also afraid of bunnies. I hope you're happy Ji
Gabbie
I've had this book on my shelf ever since I got the entire series as a set for Christmas several years ago. I ate up the first six books fairly quickly, but hardly ever even touched this one. I didn't want to read it. I didn't want the Bunnicula series to end. Years after I got it, I picked up the book and started reading.

A boy named Pete Monroe wins a contest to have his favorite horror-story author; M.T. Graves, come to his school and stay at his house. His family is ecstatic to meet the celeb
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Allison Fraclose for TeensReadToo.com

Pete, the eldest of the Monroe boys, has won an essay contest for describing why the Fleshcrawlers book series grosses him out the most, and now the author of the series, M.T. Graves, will be visiting his school. What's even more exciting is that, instead of staying at a hotel like he normally would, Mr. Graves has asked to stay with the Monroes, all so he could meet their most unusual pets.

The entire family works hard to prepare for their guest,
Dolly
May 25, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read longer chapter books
So we come at last to the final story in this weird and wonderful series. We really enjoyed the Bunnicula series by James Howe; our girls just love them. The stories are just scary enough, with endings that show that nothing was what it seemed and there was nothing to be frightened of after all.

The word play and ascerbic wit is often groan-worthy, but I love that our girls understand more and more of the puns without me having to explain them. The vocabulary is quite advanced and I am proud tha
Melissa
I thought the Editor's Note was too cute! Bunnicula meets Edgar Allan Crow announces the return of our favorite canine author, Harold.The animal detectives are back do to another strange mystery unfolding around them. Pete writes to his favorite author, M. T. Graves, who writes him back to tell him he won a contest. This contest will bring M. T. Graves to their house to visit. Unfortunately nobody realizes he may have other reasons for wanting to visit. Meanwhile Chester is not wanting the autho ...more
Elizabeth S
Usually I don't enter a progress on such a short book. However, I'm at a temporary standstill. I was merrily reading along when the book abruptly ended on page 109. Someone was saying something, the sentence was incomplete, turn the page and see a full-page picture, and book over. Not that any pages are torn or otherwise removed from the book. It was bound that way. Since it is a library book, I showed it to the librarians and they said that kind of weird stuff does happy periodically. (Once one ...more
Odette
This was okay, and I would probably have rated it at 2 stars except that I am filled with nostalgia and so that buoys me along. There wasn't much to remember about this book, except that it's about RL Stine, which amused me. Also Chester is amazing and Howie is amusing, but there weren't a lot of lines that made me chuckle and the book seemed to lack some of the magic of the original series. (Maybe I'm getting too old???)
hpboy13
While "Bunnicula Strikes Back" was a superb ending to the series, I thoroughly enjoyed getting t spend one more book with the beloved characters. It's certainly a bit of a change, with Chester fighting to defend Bunnicula from external evil. And it was nice to see that the Monroes finally picked up on how weird their pets are (since they are very weird!). And all the shout-outs to Jo Rowling and Harry Potter made me very happy!

This book is just as funny, if not more so, than previous entires - I
Michelle
Very strange story about an author coming to visit the Monroes. We were scared for all of them, especially Bunnicula, when M.T. Graves insists on staying with them in their home.
Bird
I loved the Bunnicula series as a kid, and I reread them as an adult. I was surprised and excited to see that James Howe had written a seventh (an final) book in the series recently. I promptly ordered it, read it, and proceeded to feel a bit let down.

There were some cute parts, and some downright funny parts. But the plot was so weak, I couldn't really enjoy the book. (The part where you figure out what's in M. T. Graves's black bag is beyond ridiculous. I had to stop reading to pb and say, "Y
Erin
A cute final installment in the Bunnicula series, perfect for the young reader.
Hallie Jackson Brackett
3.75 stars. Cute little story for kids. The audiobook was great. The narrator is what really got me to like this one.
Carrie Dalby
It's been a while since I've read a Bunnicula book. Cute, as always.
Ginta Harrigan
"Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow" is the last book in the Bunnicula series. I love this book! In this book the Monroes meet MT Graves the author of the Flesh Crawlers series books. The mystery in the book surrounds Graves. Graves is a very dark and unusual character. This time it is not just Chester who is suspicious Harold is becomes suspicious of Graves as well.

After the holiday I plan to read this one with my students. I think they will enjoy the mystery and the ending is really touching.

A g
Skylar Burris
I didn’t remember this one from when I was a kid, but when Pete answered his cell phone, I realized it was because it wasn’t written when I was a kid. My how times have changed. And not just times, but expectations: I noticed this book’s sentence structure seems somewhat dumbed-down compared to the earlier books in the series, which I read when I was in school. The jokes don’t seem quite as clever either (although there are still some the adults will get more than the kids). Or maybe I’m just ge ...more
Matthew
A classic comeback novel. In the previous Bunnicula book, narrator Harold the dog made it clear that was the last one, but here we are. Howe does a great job, though, of bringing back the characters, capturing Chester's hysteria, Howie's jokes, and Harold's love of food. This one involved the Monroe family and other human characters more directly, but that worked out okay.

I think of all the series i've read to my kids, the Bunnicula books have been the best. I certainly enjoy making the characte
Lindy
Booklist described this book as "An entertaining addition to the long-running Bunnicula series." I think this is an adequate way to describe this book. It was an enjoyable read, and who doesn't love a good pun like Edgar Allan Crow? I don't feel it has the grabbing power that other books in the series have, so if you are just beginning to read James Howe, grab Bunnicula or Howliday Inn first, but looking at it in relationship to the series, it is a nice addition.
B.M.B. Johnson
A great end to a great series. I found this story very touchy, and satisfying, even though the ending made me cry on the bus.

Damn you, James Howe!
Cami
This series was one of my favorites growing up. I was happy to find that there were 2 more books that I didn't know about (Bunnicula Strikes Again & Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow). I love that the dog is the writer, and that he has such funny ways of seeing things. =) I plan to purchase these last 2 books in the series to complete my collection on the shelf. Highly recommend for any aged animal lovers. Who doesn't love a vampire bunny? =)
Susan
Oct 18, 2008 Susan rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: grades 3-6
Shelves: children
Pete Monroe wins a writing contest to have famous author, M.T. Graves, visit his school. M.T. Graves decides to stay at the Monroe's and shows up with his pet crow. He also wants Bunnicla to stay in his room so he can observe him. When Bunnicla disappears, Chester, the Monroe's cat, decides that M.T. Graves has turned him into a mechanical monster. His plans to rescue Bunnicula turn the Monroe household upside down before the truth comes out.
Alyssa
this book was very interesting. for a minute i thought it would be the end of the bunnicula series but there is an opening but i sort of hope he doesn't it gets a little boring if you just drag it on. but it was a cute story and i would recommend it to those who need something happy to read with a bit of suspence and humor. as usual chester is thinking way too much!
Alec Price
The books plot was meant for a child there for, I didn't like it. It was all based around a bunny that didnt eat normally it sucked the juices out of the plants and used and slept during the day. and an author came to steal the bunny because he wanted a companion.
Jessica
The Bunnicula series is still as good at 28 as it was at 10. Harold, Chester and Howie remind me of the intrigue my best friend and I invented for Dr. Broderick, a local veterinarian, who maybe carried a gun and was doing secret laboratory experiments on his pets.
Noah Fisher
The book was rather childish and scatterbrained with not mentioning whom was talking (animal or real person). But other than that it was a pretty fun book to read though I didn't get it because this was the 7th book and I just jumped in on it.
  • The Best Halloween Ever (The Herdmans #3)
  • The Real Thief
  • The Mistaken Masterpiece (The Red Blazer Girls, #3)
  • Leaving the Bellweathers
  • Writer Ferrets: Chasing the Muse (The Ferret Chronicles, #3)
  • Miss Bianca in the Orient (The Rescuers, #5)
  • Doglands
  • The Mob
  • The Adventures of Jerry Muskrat
  • Mister Bud Wears the Cone
  • The Wainscott Weasel
  • Soupy Saturdays with the Pain and the Great One
  • Audrey (cow)
  • The Battle of Riptide (Sharks Wars, #2)
  • Mouse Bird Snake Wolf
  • The Big One-Oh
  • The Cat at the Wall
  • The Prince of Neither Here Nor There

James Howe has written more than eighty books in the thirty-plus years he's been writing for young readers. It sometimes confuses people that the author of the humorous Bunnicula series also wrote the dark young adult novel, The Watcher, or such beginning reader series as Pi
More about James Howe...

Bunnicula (7 books)
  • Bunnicula
  • Howliday Inn
  • The Celery Stalks at Midnight (Bunnicula, #3)
  • Nighty-Nightmare (Bunnicula, #4)
  • Return to Howliday Inn (Bunnicula, #5)
  • Bunnicula Strikes Again! (Bunnicula, #6)
Bunnicula Howliday Inn The Celery Stalks at Midnight (Bunnicula, #3) The Misfits (The Misfits, #1) Totally Joe (The Misfits, #2)