Start by marking “Rose in War. Part 1, Barbed Wire: a novel of real lives” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Rose in War. Part 1, B...

Lorie H. Nicholes

Rose in War. Part 1, Barbed Wire: a novel of real lives

Young Rosa Elder is swept into a prison camp on the Isle of Man with other Germanic aliens at the beginning of World War II. She becomes a liaison between the captive women and their remarkable Commandant.
Published 2002 by Granite Pub. & Distribution

To ask other readers questions about Rose in War. Part 1, Barbed Wire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rose in War. Part 1, Barbed Wire

Natalie
Feb 18, 2009 Natalie rated it really liked it
This was the second book about Rosa Edler, from Iron Rose. This was written by a local author that visited our book club last night. I really enjoyed the books. Like I have said before, I am impressed because all of the stories in here are real even though the "fluff" is fiction. In this book Rosa is taken to an internment camp in England during the war and stays for over 4 years. Interestingly enough, the "camp" is not what we might picture. It was on the Isle of Man and was a beautiful resort ...more
Mindy
Aug 13, 2008 Mindy rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the continuing saga of Rosa (from the books Iron Rose & Angels Round About). We hear and read a lot about the concentration camps from World War II, but I had never heard about the internment of Germanic aliens in England. Very interesting read.
Stephanie
Jun 04, 2009 Stephanie rated it liked it
I liked this book. I had a hard time though because this character didn't know a good thing while she had it!
Michelle
Mar 30, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it
More about life during WWII and how Rose was treated as an Austrian in England. True story and very interesting.
Mindy
Aug 13, 2008 Mindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final installment in the Rosa Edler epic - it was great to finally have everything come full circle, and see all the loose ends tied up. Really enjoyed these books.
Rebekah Sheppard
Dec 13, 2014 Rebekah Sheppard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
The compelling story of human triumph continues.... couldn't put it down.
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2012
Stacie
Stacie rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2010
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Dulce
Dulce rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2009
Dulcie
Dulcie rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2010
Janeece
Janeece rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2010
Amy
Amy added it
Sep 12, 2008
Amy
Amy added it
Sep 12, 2008
Charisse Medico
Charisse Medico marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2009
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2009