Start by marking “Sorcerer's Moon (Boreal Moon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sorcerer's Moon (Boreal Moon, #3)

Sorcerer's Moon (Boreal Moon #3)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  260 ratings  ·  7 reviews
King Conrig Ironcrown's plan-to preserve his ruthless reign over High Blenholme Island by marrying his heir, Orion, to a barbarian princess-lie in ruins. The Salka are launching an audacious attack to seize the heart of High Blenholme, and King Conrig-his magical powers and sanity fading-is once again preparing to use the foulest Beaconfolk sorcery to counter the monsters' ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Ace Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about Sorcerer's Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorcerer's Moon

Nigel Stanger
Book three in a trilogy. I'd recommend reading the second and third books close together; I had a gap of a few months and couldn't remember half of what had happened in the second book, and it didn't help that book three was set sixteen years after book two!

The series gets off to a bit of a slow start, but then gets more interesting as the intrigue level racks up. The underlying premise is unusual (intelligent aurora manipulating the ground-dwelling races by means of magical favours) and works w
Glenn Jones
Didn't say on the cover it the third part of a trilogy, so I didn't discover that till I started reading. Didn't inspire me enough to want to read the earlier parts though. Maybe I missed something by coming in partway through the story.

This wasn't a bad read, but just felt kind of flat. Maybe if published under a different name I wouldn't have minded so much, but I expect, and have in the past received, more from Julian May. Loved the Pliocene Exile, Intervention, Galactic Milieu, and spinoffs,
Metaphorosis

reviews.metaphorosis.com

3, 2, 2 stars

I'm a big fan of the Saga of Pliocene Exile, and I also enjoyed the Galactic Milieu. So, since I was unable to get the books one by one as they appeared, I bought the entire Boreal Moon trilogy in one go, excited for a real treat.

This wasn't it. From the start, the first book failed to capture my interest, but eventually, I forced my way into the story, and after a few chapters, it got better. Sadly, not much.

The series relies on complex politics, and simplis
Kevin
Once again Julian May leads us to a completely boring story with a lot of wasted potential and many flaws in workmanship.

In the last book of this trilogy the characters continue to take incomprehensible actions, but this time it leads to the death of many of them. The author does not seem to learn from her previous mistakes making up plans behind the scenes that the reader is only told about after everything is already said and done.

In most fantasy tales that I have read the last decisive battle
Melaszka
Having quite enjoyed the first two books in the series, I found the last book a massive let-down. Storylines which had been building throughout the earlier books just kind of fizzled out in random, anti-climactic, seemingly make-it-up-as-you-go-along fashion.
Ataahua
Sadly, a weak ending to a pretty good trilogy.
Lindsay
Not my favourite Julian May book, I found the characters a bit hard to connect to, and the story wasn't hugely engaging.
Lisa
Lisa added it
Aug 28, 2015
Claus Skaaning
Claus Skaaning marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Kevin Lough
Kevin Lough marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Becky
Becky added it
May 25, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
David H.
David H. marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
  • The Wicked and the Witless (Chronicles of an Age of Darkness, #5)
  • The Quest for Tanelorn (Chronicles of Castle Brass, #3)
  • Rose of the Prophet Trilogy (Omnibus)
  • Lady of the Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #4)
  • After Hamelin
  • Probability Space (Probability, #3)
  • Raphael (Damiano, #3)
  • Gilden-Fire
  • The Dragon Charmer (Fern Capel, #2)
  • Bloodheir (The Godless World, #2)
  • The Twisted Citadel (DarkGlass Mountain, #2)
  • The Golden Cat (The Wild Road #2)
  • The Way Between the Worlds (The View from the Mirror, #4)
  • Darkwalker on Moonshae (Forgotten Realms: The Moonshae Trilogy, #1)
  • The Anvil of Ice (Winter of the World, #1)
  • Into the Fire  (Mithgar, #4; Hèl's Crucible, #2)
  • Corsair
Pseudonym Ian Thorne, J.C. May, Lee N. Falconer.
More about Julian May...

Boreal Moon (3 books)
  • Conqueror's Moon (Boreal Moon, #1)
  • Ironcrown Moon (Boreal Moon, #2)
The Many-Coloured Land (Saga of Pliocene Exile, #1) The Golden Torc (Saga of the Pliocene Exile, #2) The Adversary (Saga of Pliocene Exile, #4) The Nonborn King (Saga of the Pliocene Exile, #3) Jack the Bodiless