Start by marking “My Half Day” as Want to Read:
My Half Day

My Half Day

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The wacky fun continues as a young boy awakens to find a half-head of hair. After chugging down his glass of milk that's two-thirds gooey paste, he and his friend are off to camp for a day of fraction fun and an out-of-this world soccer game. The first two books in the series, One Odd Day and My Even Day, won a Learning Magazine's 2008 Teachers' Choice Award for Children's...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Arbordale Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Half Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Half Day

Misty
Mar 16, 2011 Misty rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: math
Would you like HALF of my pie? Another great math book to use during math instruction, this time for fractions. Throughout the book everything is talked about in fractions. It starts with HALF of the boy's hair buzzed, and ended with him having a WHOLE head of hair. Also throughout the book every reference made to a fraction was all caps and bolded so it would be easy for a student to figure out on their own. This book is one of many that incoporate mathematical concepts. In the back there are m...more
Jennifer Berg
What a fun book to read-aloud during a unit on fractions! This book should be used for grades 2/3-5 as a way to help students explore the existence of fractions in our everyday lives. The text does an excellent job of illustrating fractions in a variety of ways that both keep readers engaged and serve multiple learning styles. After this text is read, students should be encouraged to find several fractions that appear in their own lives every day.
Margaret
The little boy in this book wakes up to a world of fractions. It's a great book to teach children fractions, because they are interesting examples that students can relate to. Being easy for students to relate to it is easy to use as a hook for a lesson and building a lesson on fractions around this book.
Kathleen Ruff
This book would be a good math literature lesson aide. Fractions can be confusing for students having a visual aide (which the pictures provide) would help learners learn easy. The characters used in the book were also next add-ins such aliens and talking animals.
Brittani Jordan
My have day incorporate fractions. I like this whole series of books and the illustrations. Make an activity of all the fractions in the book and draw them. Pictures or cakes, cookies, trees, dart boards, or lily pads can all be used.
Hope Johnson
This is a great book to explore and begin learning about fractions. What exactly is a half? This book will help your students fully understand this concept when the little boy in the book wakes up to find his world in halves.
Takishia Gabriel
This would be a good book for a math lesson on fractions. This book has very good illustrations that provides an excellent visual of fractions for those students who are visual learners.
Amber Pound
Awesome book to show children that fractions are everywhere in their daily lives.
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Tammi Dawson
Tammi Dawson marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Kelly Maack
Kelly Maack marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
Angel Starr
Angel Starr marked it as to-read
May 14, 2012
Tammy Kesteloot
Tammy Kesteloot marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2011