Start by marking “The Secret She Kept” as Want to Read:
The Secret She Kept

The Secret She Kept

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  8 reviews
She never ever thought Jake Barnes would know the truth. When he left town without any warning, Savannah couldn't tell him she was pregnant. He didn't give her the chance. So now--years later--because he's back and finds out he has a child, suddenly she's the villain.... How is that fair? Savannah Salinger raised her daughter and knows what's best for her own kid. But she ...more
Published January 13th 2009 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Secret She Kept, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret She Kept

Roub
this was boring! i also did not feel they were in love. they had nthg in common apart from dat one-night stand. i can't fault jake as they were not in a relationship when he left and she clearly rejected him the morning after. he was not good enough for her. i thought savannah shud have told the parents and let them search for jake.
Heathy
I read this book because it came in a collection I bought online. I should've known the book would be a huge disappointment when the back cover said something like, "She didn't tell him about the baby and now SHE'S the villain? How is that fair?"

I disliked the heroine from the beginning. It's not like the guy was a drug dealer or murderer. He wasn't a saint, but he wasn't so bad that he should be kept in the dark about his child.

Contemporary romance just isn't my thing, I guess. The heroines are
Sally
The Secret She Kept is a cute story about rekindled teenage love and forgiveness. Amy Knupp creates easily likeable characters that the reader can instantly care and want to know more about. This is a quick enjoyable read that has enough substance to keep the reader going, even though the outcome is going to be pretty conclusive.
Denise
I guess they all can't be hits! The story held/hold promise, but usually I want to just read these in a day. I had no problems putting it down. The plot which I have rad others like usually hold my attention, and it did, it was the characters who didn't hold me to the plot.
Andrea
This was pretty good but for goodness sakes it's common sense you tell a guy your preg with his baby just to cut out all the heartache for the child later on. That was the worst drama in this book and I felt like saying look here stupids its done now move on.
Lena2011
Don't pick this up if you don't enjoy women acting like men don't matter enough to tell them about their own child. I should learn from my mistakes, but I keep hoping...sigh...Story was mediocre and I didn't warm up to the heroine.
Yona
Jan 04, 2013 Yona marked it as couldn-t-finish
I couldn't finish this one. I read the first 7 chapters and the last one. I just couldn't stand Savannah. I don't have any idea how anyone can stand her. Poor poor Jack, I don't know what he sees in her at all.
Wendy
What a great story! I highly recommend this story to everyone.
Natasha Sweet
Natasha Sweet marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Hélène
Hélène marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Alyisa
Alyisa added it
Mar 27, 2015
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Mindin
Mindin added it
Nov 28, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Ladyrose
Ladyrose marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Jun 22, 2014
Carola
Carola marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Epilogue1212
Epilogue1212 marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Bella Marley
Bella Marley marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Sian
Sian marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Amy Knupp lives in Wisconsin with her husband, two sons and five cats. She graduated from the University of Kansas with degrees in French and journalism and feels lucky to use very little of either one in her writing career. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, buying books in excess, traveling, breaking up cat fights, watching college basketball and playing addictive computer games. She's a mem ...more
More about Amy Knupp...
Playing with Fire Because of the List Burning Ambition A Little Consequence (Texas Firefighters, #2) Fully Involved