Start by marking “Paris, 1850 (Vampire Plagues, #2)” as Want to Read:
Paris, 1850 (Vampire Plagues, #2)

Paris, 1850 (Vampire Plagues #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  540 ratings  ·  21 reviews
A thrilling new suspense trilogy with a twist. For a thousand years, an ancient and all-powerful vampire god has lain dormant in the Mayan jungle. In 1850, he awakes - and sets out for Europe...

Jack wants to believe it was only a dream, that the vampires are gone, that they've been banished by an ancient ritual that sent their leader to the depths of hell. But he isn't so
Published September 1st 2005 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published December 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Paris, 1850, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paris, 1850

Blake
This book is about 3 friends named, Jack, Emily, and Ben. From the time they all meet up, they all have the same basic goal, which is to not only make it so the Vampire King Camazotz regain the ancient power he once had, but to kill him and make sure hes gone forever. In Paris Camazotz is searching for the pieces of an amulet that will allow him to gain the power necessary to become a god like figure. Already having 3 of the 4 pieces Jack, Emily, and Ben have no time to lose making sure he can n ...more
William Richmond
The book Vampire Plagues Paris 1850 is about three kids named Jack, Emily, and Ben go to Paris with the professor named Professor Adensnap. They were just going there to figure out the Mayan puzzle but it just turned out to be an all-out war. They were just starting to talk about the Mayan puzzle when they all heard a scream and that is when the fight began. They thought all that time Camazotz was sent back to his sell that was in Hell but they were wrong. After the professor was killed by Camaz ...more
Sevan  Sarkhoshian
I chose this book because I am a fan of Cirque De Freak books and I asked the librarian and she said this is someway similar to Cirque De Freak. The book is about a boy named Jack who believes that all the Vampires have been abolished from earth. He was so wrong. My favorite quote from the book is when Camazotz’s the vampire lord talked to Jack on page 162. “Do you hear me, boy? You and your friends? You think you have outwitted me. But the vicomte could not stand against me and I will destroy y ...more
Christie
I didn't enjoy the 2nd installment of the trilogy as much as I did the first one. This book seemed to drag most of the way through with very little in the way of action. I do enjoy how the children manage to outwit the vampires in spite of the dragging plot. I do look forward to reaading the last installment to see how this story ends.
Rebecca
Great way to continue the story of Emily, Jack and Ben but to move it to Paris. Was so glad to pick up these book series as I really enjoyed them.

Now to book 3
Alex Rice
I personally enjoyed this book, even though it was a tad under my reading skill level. I like how the author can keep you guessing. Just when you think you have figured something out or you are sure you know what is going to happen next, BAM! Surprise, now you have no idea what’s going on or what’s going to happen next. Since this is the second book in the series it reminds me allot of the first book. I like how I got to see the characters grow (literally). I got to see them mature too, I though ...more
Erin
Not bad, not great. I feel like they're dragging on a plot that should have stopped.
LuAnn
Book 2 in a series that didn't get enough attention in the middle school crowd as I thought it might. Well written tales of vampires and pirates and travel from London to Paris and on to Mexico in a effort to stop a malicious group of vampires who rule the high seas. Great for fans of Vampirates series.
Max Reber
♠Well pesonly i thought is sucked so much i wanted to throw it in to a crevis but then i realized i payed money so i had some fun so i took the book drew stick figures all over the pages then died of enjoyment so i took a can of nacho cheese and baked the pages with it then ate it♠
Sara
More interactions with Camazotz, more death and a somewhat predictable ending. But bearing in mind these are kids books that I'm reading to put on my classroom shelves I believe it would continue to keep the interest of my students; pulling them into the third book. Good, easy read.
Colette
My kids made me read this book when I lost our summer reading challenge last summer. They want me to read this series so that I know that "real" vampires do not sparkle in the sunshine and kiss girls. It is written for children and reminds me a little bit of Scooby-Doo.
Leah
I had actually picked this book up first, not realizing that it was the second in a series. I read it, and THEN the first one. Either way, Rook has a way with writing. I wasn't completely lost, and he gave enough so that I could still enjoy it without having read the first book.
Cristian Cnca
My reading goal was to read 70 pg. I read 60 pages this week.
Vampire plagues is about theee teens that face vampires after being attacked bt them. So they think that they killed the vampire god.So they htink everythimg is normal until they go to paris,
Elise
Well, if it keeps up with the way it's been going, I feel terribly sorry for whoever becomes the kids' next mentor. Yes, the books are predictable, but they are also a fun and easy read. I'll continue with the series.
Christina
Great series, if you love to read about vampires..I think that boys would love this series since there is a lot of exploring involved..where the Twilight Series geared toward girls because it involves dating and love..
Sean
This was not as good as the first book. I felt like there was little action and this book was just a bridge to the last one. I don't own the last one so it might be interesting trying to find it somewhere.
stitchnsnitch
This was a strong sequel to the first book in the series.

I love that the plot is tame enough for kids, but that the writing is strong enough that adults can enjoy it.
Erin
Pretty cliche'd. I was reading this to see if I wanted to add it to my kids' future reading shelves, but I'll pass on it for them.
Kathy Adamson
A bit predictable but the characters become so alive you can put it down.
Inaara Mavani
Me like the cover page
( and the story too).
David Bolanos
Sep 02, 2009 David Bolanos is currently reading it
was there another book before this one
  • Kindred of Darkness
  • Clovermead: In the Shadow of the Bear
  • Reckoning (Bloodline, #2)
  • Lord Greville's Captive
  • Night Runner (Night Runner, #1)
  • Berserk, Vol. 19
  • The Dragon of Doom
  • The Crossbones (Skeleton Creek, #3)
  • The Prince of Soul and The Lighthouse
  • The Eye of the Warlock (Further Tales Adventures, #3)
  • Bloody Irish: Great Irish Vampire Stories
  • Darkside (Darkside, #1)
  • Curse of the Were-wiener (Dragonbreath, #3)
  • Phantom of Blood Alley (Barnaby Grimes, # 4)
  • A Manopla de Karasthan (Crónicas de Allaryia, #1)
  • Way of the Warrior (Lady Ilena, #2)
  • The Book of the Sword (The Darkest Age, #2)
  • Nação Crioula
Sebastian Rook is a pseudonym used for the Vampire Plagues series.

The first three novels in the series were written by Ben Jeapes. On his website, Jeapes says, "The writing is my own, the plot is someone else's, hence the nom de plume."

The other three novels in the series were written under the same pseudonym by Helen Hart.

More about Sebastian Rook...
London, 1850 (Vampire Plagues, #1) Mexico, 1850 (Vampire Plagues, #3) Outbreak (Vampire Plagues, #4) Epidemic (Vampire Plagues, #5) Extermination (Vampire Plagues, #6)