Start by marking “Trust Fund” as Want to Read:
Trust Fund

Stephen W. Frey

Trust Fund

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  436 ratings  ·  20 reviews
From the New York Times bestselling author of The Takeover and The Insider comes a riveting new novel pitting brother against brother and putting personal honor to the ultimate test--in the world of high finance and boundless ambition among power brokers from Wall Street to Washington.

A scion of wealth and privilege, Bo Hancock is the youngest son of Connecticut's most inf
Hardcover, Large Print, 496 pages
Published June 1st 2001 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Trust Fund, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust Fund

Allison
A page-turning easy read
Anandh Sundar
Stephen Fry's finance books are awesome. And this one proves no different. To what lengths will a brother go to for getting his entire share of the inheritance? This thriller lays that out with a usual twist. While outlining a fund manager's job, the tensions in family business are also detailed here
Nan Williams
Apr 12, 2014 Nan Williams rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This book veered from the others I've read by Frey as it was centered on a family, rather than on a financial institution. There are dire warnings in this book, written 12 years ago, which are coming to fruition (or maybe have already come to fruition) in our world. It's a good accompaniment to "The Circle" which is new and which I just read.

My main complaint about this plot is that too many characters were killed off. You really needed a program to keep up with who was killing and who was being
Barbara
Nice, quick beach read. The red herrings had me going to the very end. The high stakes field of finance was very well done.
Ruchi
Stephen Frey's foresight always amazes me.. Predicting the crisis a decade before it actually happened!! WOW!!
Tanya
This book was a little hard for me to get into but once I did it was ok. I wasn't to impressed with the ending.
Roseofpat
Loved this book - sometimes the good guys win and do the right thing for the right reason.
Emily
just a dumb, fast read... Sometimes you need one.
Wanda Gibbons
A good story until you realize that the main character must never sleep or eat. He just runs all day and all night too for days on end. That part was just a little unbelievable. Review is just from the back of the book.

A deathbed reconciliation with his estranged father brings Bo Hancock home to make amends for the wild ways that turned him into a political liability. Once the black sheep of Connecticut?s most influential clan, Bo is now back at the helm of Warfield Capital, the multibillion dol
Rohit P. Enghakat
Simply awesome! To hold the reader's interest a book should be "unputdownable" always making the reader curious to know what happens next. This book serves the purpose. The plot is superbly drawn and the action is fast paced. Since I have a financial background, I enjoyed this book immensely. Waiting to get hold of other books by Stephen Frey.
Joe
Aug 24, 2013 Joe rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
Not painful. The pages keep turning. But ho hum…

This book has some promise in the beginning. I thought I was going to learn something new. But, alas, this author was only interested in writing action (yawn). I don't know if he bothered to research the interesting intricacies of finance and technology or just decided the reader wasn't interested. Wrong guess. Why can't we get some Tom Clancyish detail about finance here? Now that'd be fun.
Rupesh Goenka
Terrific Thriller, High octane page turner with a shattering climax.. A High Finance suspense novel...
Greer Andjanetta
A better than average mystery involving a wealthy family, managers of a large hedge fund and some shady US senators and their super electronic spy/surveillance programme. It all works out in the end but the story is quite readable (typical of this author) and the mysterious events made clear eventually.
Pugugly
This book's plot twisted around so much it was hard to follow. The character development was weak - although one of the twists was trying to figure out was doing what. Just too convoluted for me.
Ricardo
Frey is great when it comes to the financial side of the plot, characters, and dialogue, but he stumbles badly when trying to reach beyond his area of expertise
Melinda
Wall Street meets White House meets wealthy family. Good twists and turns, quick pace, another excellent piece of Frey's work.
Denise
Too many tentacles, too much mis-direction and too implausible for me.
Marijke
May 24, 2007 Marijke rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no-one
I tried hard to like it. Didn't at all.
Beth Tidman
Beth Tidman marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Nadine Younger
Nadine Younger marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Ashok
Ashok marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Manu Singhal
Manu Singhal marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
  • The Right Jack (Sigrid Harald Mystery #4)
  • Blind Man with a Pistol (Harlem Cycle, #8)
  • The Bormann Testament (Paul Chavasse #1)
  • Never Send Flowers (John Gardner's Bond, #13)
  • Drugs, Oil & War: The United States in Afghanistan, Colombia & Indochina
  • The Savage Gorge (Tweed & Co. #24)
  • Phoenix Noir
  • The Clockwork Testament, Or, Enderby's End
  • By the Sword (Repairman Jack, #12)
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • The Case of the Blonde Bonanza
  • Commuters
  • Goodbye Mickey Mouse
  • Never Tell a Lie
For the last 15 years I’ve been lucky enough to be a novelist. Until recently the books were set in the worlds of Wall Street and Washington. In addition to writing, I’ve also had a career in finance with specialties including merger & acquisition advisory and private equity at firms like J.P. Morgan in New York City and Winston Partners just outside D.C. in northern Virginia.

So, it seemed na
More about Stephen W. Frey...
The Chairman (Christian Gillette, #1) The Day Trader The Protégé (Christian Gillette, #2) The Vulture Fund The Power Broker (Christian Gillette, #3)