Start by marking “Trust Fund” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Trust Fund

Stephen W. Frey

Trust Fund

From the New York Times bestselling author of The Takeover and The Insider comes a riveting new novel pitting brother against brother and putting personal honor to the ultimate test--in the world of high finance and boundless ambition among power brokers from Wall Street to Washington.

A scion of wealth and privilege, Bo Hancock is the youngest son of Connecticut's most inf
Hardcover, Large Print, 496 pages
Published June 1st 2001 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Trust Fund, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust Fund

Allison
Sep 07, 2007 Allison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A page-turning easy read
Nan Williams
Apr 12, 2014 Nan Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This book veered from the others I've read by Frey as it was centered on a family, rather than on a financial institution. There are dire warnings in this book, written 12 years ago, which are coming to fruition (or maybe have already come to fruition) in our world. It's a good accompaniment to "The Circle" which is new and which I just read.

My main complaint about this plot is that too many characters were killed off. You really needed a program to keep up with who was killing and who was being
Joe
Feb 19, 2010 Joe rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Not painful. The pages keep turning. But ho hum…

This book has some promise in the beginning. I thought I was going to learn something new. But, alas, this author was only interested in writing action (yawn). I don't know if he bothered to research the interesting intricacies of finance and technology or just decided the reader wasn't interested. Wrong guess. Why can't we get some Tom Clancyish detail about finance here? Now that'd be fun.
Anandh Sundar
Dec 17, 2010 Anandh Sundar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephen Fry's finance books are awesome. And this one proves no different. To what lengths will a brother go to for getting his entire share of the inheritance? This thriller lays that out with a usual twist. While outlining a fund manager's job, the tensions in family business are also detailed here
Tanya
Jun 06, 2008 Tanya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was a little hard for me to get into but once I did it was ok. I wasn't to impressed with the ending.
Roseofpat
Jul 14, 2012 Roseofpat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-read, mystery
Loved this book - sometimes the good guys win and do the right thing for the right reason.
Ruchi
Apr 13, 2011 Ruchi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephen Frey's foresight always amazes me.. Predicting the crisis a decade before it actually happened!! WOW!!
Emily
Dec 15, 2009 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
just a dumb, fast read... Sometimes you need one.
Barbara
Nice, quick beach read. The red herrings had me going to the very end. The high stakes field of finance was very well done.
Wanda Gibbons
A good story until you realize that the main character must never sleep or eat. He just runs all day and all night too for days on end. That part was just a little unbelievable. Review is just from the back of the book.

A deathbed reconciliation with his estranged father brings Bo Hancock home to make amends for the wild ways that turned him into a political liability. Once the black sheep of Connecticut?s most influential clan, Bo is now back at the helm of Warfield Capital, the multibillion dol
Richard
Stephen Frey is one of my favourite authors. There is never a wasted word, no padding, no over-the-top descriptions, just a good past paced plot. Yes, it is sometimes hard to believe that seemingly an ordinary person or persons can become a ruthless killer, but this is fiction. Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction anyway. He has added political intrigue to his normal financial thriller and a lot of infighting between a rich American family. If you like this type of genre, this is a must.
Greer Andjanetta
A better than average mystery involving a wealthy family, managers of a large hedge fund and some shady US senators and their super electronic spy/surveillance programme. It all works out in the end but the story is quite readable (typical of this author) and the mysterious events made clear eventually.
Marilyn K
Sep 09, 2016 Marilyn K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
WOW! This is one of the most exciting books I have ever read, and I have read a lot of them. It just keeps you guessing all the time. I can usually figure out the ending of a book fairly soon, but this was a real page turner. I can't wait to read more of his work! It was very well written and the characters were very interesting. I loved this book!
Rohit Enghakat
Feb 03, 2014 Rohit Enghakat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply awesome! To hold the reader's interest a book should be "unputdownable" always making the reader curious to know what happens next. This book serves the purpose. The plot is superbly drawn and the action is fast paced. Since I have a financial background, I enjoyed this book immensely. Waiting to get hold of other books by Stephen Frey.
Pugugly
May 22, 2012 Pugugly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book's plot twisted around so much it was hard to follow. The character development was weak - although one of the twists was trying to figure out was doing what. Just too convoluted for me.
Denise
Apr 12, 2011 Denise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too many tentacles, too much mis-direction and too implausible for me.
LeAnn Martinez
Aug 30, 2014 LeAnn Martinez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book
Joseph
Sep 28, 2016 Joseph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast moving read. Enjoyed.
Melinda
Wall Street meets White House meets wealthy family. Good twists and turns, quick pace, another excellent piece of Frey's work.
Sal Fernz
Jan 30, 2017 Sal Fernz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice escape fron my middle class reality.
Ricardo
Oct 29, 2012 Ricardo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Frey is great when it comes to the financial side of the plot, characters, and dialogue, but he stumbles badly when trying to reach beyond his area of expertise
Marijke Durning
May 24, 2007 Marijke Durning rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no-one
I tried hard to like it. Didn't at all.
Rupesh Goenka
Sep 09, 2014 Rupesh Goenka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Terrific Thriller, High octane page turner with a shattering climax.. A High Finance suspense novel...
Jim Moffett
Aug 22, 2013 Jim Moffett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
05-09
Deb
Deb rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2013
Herbert Postin
Herbert Postin rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Simone
Simone rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Raewyn
Raewyn rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2010
Jared
Jared rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2014
  • The Killing House (Malcolm Fletcher, #1)
  • No Witnesses (Boldt/Matthews, #3)
  • Against the Wind
  • The Last Victim
  • Capitol Murder (Ben Kincaid, #14)
  • Split Image
  • The Silver Locomotive Mystery (Detective Inspector Robert Colbeck, #6)
  • Extraordinary Powers
  • Motion To Kill (Lou Mason, Mystery #1)
  • Eureka
  • The Tomorrow File
  • Critical Mass
  • The First Billion
  • First Evidence
  • McNally's Folly (Archy McNally, #9)
  • Side Effects
For the last 15 years I’ve been lucky enough to be a novelist. Until recently the books were set in the worlds of Wall Street and Washington. In addition to writing, I’ve also had a career in finance with specialties including merger & acquisition advisory and private equity at firms like J.P. Morgan in New York City and Winston Partners just outside D.C. in northern Virginia.

So, it seemed na
More about Stephen W. Frey...