Start by marking “The Holiday Present” as Want to Read:
The Holiday Present

The Holiday Present (Malory-Anderson Family #6)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  1,314 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Now together for the first time, Johanna Lindsey's two classic Christmas tales, long beloved by her fans, available with a beautiful keepsake Christmas ornament!

The Present (Malory-Anderson Family #6)

The love story that began the Mallory dynasty. Miracles have been known to happen in this season of peace and giving and love, as this dramatic story of a mysterious exotic g
Paperback, 1st Edition, 480 pages
Published November 25th 2003 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Holiday Present, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Holiday Present

Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasLord of Scoundrels by Loretta ChaseDreaming of You by Lisa KleypasNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanMarried By Morning by Lisa Kleypas
Best Rogue/Rake Romance Books
244th out of 453 books — 998 voters
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingThe Da Vinci Code by Dan BrownThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Best Books of 2003
242nd out of 290 books — 161 voters

More lists with this book...

Joy
It was an OK read, just in time for the holidays. I specifically read it on Christmas day so the yuletide feeling would be in sync. The two short stories were very well condensed. I especially liked the Malory family, although I don't know what time frame it was set because the first Malory novel I read was about Jeremy. So, on to the review:

The first story is about a mysterious present in the Malory household and it's about their ancestors, a half-Gypsy, half-Russian woman named Anastasia Steph
Heather
modern things that should NOT be in a historical book.
-bone 2pick w/him. aint.toddlers. "where's my hug,puss." beg2 differ. u want a piece of me? put a lid on it.rant&rave.when he flies thru the roof.(meaning he's mad).caught in the act. chickened out. what a whopper.lame excuse. hells bells. are we doing laundry(meanin r we brining up the past). ill buy that.im game.moot point.vice versa. badger you.ur such a stick.he was game2 try nething new.greater scheme of things.put her on the spot.jo
Cerdito Mtz
A wonderfull gypsy story....!!
Ashley
first The Present: its good but only if you love the Malory's, if you don't know who they are do not start with this story it will only confuse you. At first I thought Lindsey was loosing her finesse with the family, but then I took it for what it is a present to those who wanted to know more about the family.

Second Home for the Holidays: not her best, probably why it is connect with a legendary Malory novel. But is has some good points.
Meg
Aug 28, 2008 Meg rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
This one was a little hard to get through, mostly because it consisted of two short stories and there just wasn't enough character development for me to care about what happened to the characters. It was ok...I almost want to give this one only two and a half stars, but I went ahead and gave it three. If you want a good holiday story, don't pick this one. It's lacking the warm-fuzziness.
Candice
My friend Mary gave me this book about 5 years ago at Christmas time but I never got around to reading it. So, since it was Christmas again....I thought...I should read this. Little did I know it was a romance novel. To be honest, I've never read a romance novel before--oh my!. I was quite taken in with it. It is actually two books in one and they are intriguing love stories.
Pamela
Who does not love the Malory family? This Christmas tale has them all at Jason's for their annual Christmas celebration. Expect fire works, and silliness, and of course love. I loved this holiday book...great storytelling, and a fun read for the season of Christmas.
Jane(Janelba)
I really enjoyed both of these books (2-1 book) and had a delightful first experience of the writings of Johanna Lindsey. Will definitely read other books by her.
Kate
Dec 30, 2007 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lovers of romance who don't have much time
Shelves: romance
This is a book I read every year around Christmas. The stories are short enough that I can still get what I need to do for Christmas. I love these compilations.
Beth
This was about how the Malory's started, so I really enjoyed this.
Jackie
Ok story, but not exactly a Christmas story.
Lynda
Apr 02, 2009 Lynda added it
love it, have it, will read again.
JoPaul
Nice Christmas stories.
Avigail
Avigail marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Ellen
Ellen added it
Oct 29, 2014
Pj Pepin
Pj Pepin marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Marleen
Marleen marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Hales
Hales added it
Oct 17, 2014
  • Lyon's Gate (Brides, #9)
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, Anthology 2)
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • Four In Hand (Regency, #2)
  • The Prince Kidnaps a Bride (Lost Princesses, #3)
  • If He's Wild (Wherlocke #3)
  • Deck the Halls With Love (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2.5)
  • The Brides of Christmas (Includes Warrior, #11; de Burgh, #3.5)
  • Castles/The Lion's Lady
  • The Heart of Christmas (Includes: Carhart #0.5, Tallants #3.5)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...
Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3) Prisoner of My Desire Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2) The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)

“Well,then,let's make sure all his flying is directed at you first, shall we?" Anthony retorted, and opening the door to Jason's study,began to immediately place blame where it was due. "Jason,old man, I tried to calm this great hulking bull down last night, indeed I did,but he was having none of it.Blames me-"
"Great hulking bull?" James interrupted, one golden brow raised sharply.
"-because Greoge ain't talking to him," Anthony continued without pause. "And now he's got me in the same bloody boat, because Roslynn ain't said a word to me since."
"Great hulking bull?" James repeated.
Anthony glanced at him and smirked, "The shoe fits, believe me.”
5 likes
“I'll fix things up with George soon as she gets here," Anthony mumbled. "You may depend upon it."
"Oh,I know you will, but you'll have to hie yourself back to London to do so, since she ain't coming here. Didn't want to inflict her dour mood on the festivities, so decided it ould be best to absent herself."
Anthony looked appalled now and complained, "You didn't say she was that mad."
"Didn't I? Think you're wearing that black eye just because she's a mite annoyed?"
"That will do," Jason said sternly. "This entire situation is intolerable.And frankly, I find it beyond amazing that you have both utterly lost your finesse in dealing ith women since you married."
That,of course, hit quite below the belt where these two ex[rakes were concerned. "Ouch," James muttered, then in his own defense, "American women are an exception to any known rule, and bloody stubbron besides."
"So are Scots,for that matter," Anthony added. "They just don't behave like normal Enlgishwomen,Jason,indeed they don't."
"Regardless.You know my feelings on the entire family gathering here for Christmas.This is not the time for anyone in the family to be harboring any ill will of any sort.You both should have patched this up before the holidays began. See that you do so immediately, if you both have to return to London to do so."
Having said his peace, Jason headed for the door to leave his brothers to mull over their conduct,or rather, misconduct, but added before he left, "You both look like bloody panda bears.D'you have any idea what kind of example that sets for the children?"
"Panda bears indeed," Anthony snorted as soon as the door closed.
James looked up to reply drolly, "Least the roof is still intact.”
4 likes