Start by marking “The Eggnog Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Eggnog Chronicles

The Eggnog Chronicles

- Ghosts of Boyfriends Past has been optioned for a television movie.
- Will appeal to fans of Candace Bushell, Anna Maxted, Sophie Kinsella, Melissa Senate, Wendy Markham, Patrick Sanchez, and Roz Bailey.
- Includes a teaser chapter from The Secret Life of Mrs. Claus (Kensington Trade Paperback 10/05).
Published October 1st 2005 by Kensington (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Eggnog Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eggnog Chronicles

Sleeping with Santa by Debra DruzyLet It Snow by John GreenThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreA Legacy of Madness by Tom   DavisA Season To Remember by Elizabeth Ellen Carter
Best Christmas guilty pleasures
35th out of 46 books — 33 voters
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaTwenties Girl by Sophie KinsellaThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie KinsellaMe Before You by Jojo MoyesI've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
Chick Lit Book Club Recommendations
122nd out of 140 books — 67 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie
Dec 28, 2008 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
This book is actually three stories woven into one. Each section follows a different character, but all of the characters are friends and make appearances in the stories of the other 2. I really liked this style. I expected the book to be light chick lit. It was actually a bit deeper while still being a fun read. I found the characters to be relatable and interesting. For the most part they were likable though I found Emma to be a bit whiny and melodramatic at times. I really liked the author's ...more
Jessi
Dec 07, 2008 Jessi rated it it was ok
I really didn't love this book, when all was said and done. I felt like it was a combo of 3 other chick lit story lines I've probably heard before. Cute, and it was a quick read, I had it done in 2 days. But, not something I'd run out and buy if you are going to read it. Hit the library for it!
Cari Schaeffer
Oct 26, 2016 Cari Schaeffer rated it liked it
The writing, editing, and proofreading are sound, but I didn't like this book much. There's foul language (which always knocks one star off for me) and the characters are just so...slutty, unfocused, shallow, directionless. It's a shame. I couldn't really root for any of them.

The author created characters that all treat sex like it's no more important than a good work out at the gym to relieve stress. In the real world, they would all have STDs and broken hearts along with broken spirits. So sad
Antof9
A charming little piece of lighthearted chick lit only slightly spoiled by the totally unnecessary and very descriptive sex scenes in each of the three vignettes.

This book is about 3 women -- 2 sisters and a great friend. The sisters, Ricki and Jane, lost both parents -- first their dad to a heart attack, and then their mom to cancer.

The relationship between the sisters is just beautiful. I love the description when Jane calls to give Ricki some upsetting news
"Oh, Janey. . . ." Her voice was fra
Lea
Dec 07, 2013 Lea rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of holiday stories
This is a quick read, if you have time to dedicate to reading it - I was reading it in the midst of some holiday madness so it took a few days.
I really loved the writing in this book. I found myself writing down quotes from it quite often. I am not sure this is really romance, the focus is more on the women's lives with men as a background piece. I loved Jane's story, a celebrity obit writer trying to find herself and her place in the newspaper world. Ricki's story, a year after Jane's, is full
Sherri Hunter
I really enjoyed this story that is actually three stories in one. Each story features a different central character each facing a very difficult situation. I really liked that even though each story is uniquely different, they all flow together.

Each character, Jane, Rikki and Emma are all desperately in need of a Christmas miracle and I loved how each character faces their dilemma head on.

Readers looking for the perfect Christmas theme book will enjoy this story that brings the magic and joy of
Erica
Dec 24, 2012 Erica rated it really liked it
I've read some of the other reviews. I think people are too damn harsh. It's a pleasant little Christmas read. Ultimately in the end each character gets their Christmas wish come true. Isn't that, in reality, what everyone really wants?? Lighten up Scroogie bitches... It's a nice little Christmas story and a fun little read.
Cris
Dec 21, 2011 Cris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Don't bother. The book is divided into three parts, for each one of three friends. Only one of the characters is likable, the other two are just silly women who keep getting strung along by a-hole men. And each story ends before there's really a conclusion so it's more like three short stories with bad endings.
Mary Jane
Aug 12, 2016 Mary Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wcplebook
Better than most of the trite Christmas books. There were some meaningful nuggets-how Jane dealt with her demise and Randy's comment that it isn't our job as parents to give our kids everything they want but rather to give them what they need. I was hoping for the eggnog recipe that filtered its way through the book.
Tara
Jan 02, 2011 Tara rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Not worthy of the pages it is printed on. This book does not deserve to live. Absolute shite. Got to about page 30 and I could not go on. Would have thrown it out, yes, thrown it out, but did not want to pay for the library fine.

Characters were stick figures obsessed with shoes.
Siobhan
Jan 14, 2010 Siobhan rated it it was ok
I was actually surprised that I enjoyed the stories up until the end of each. The endings seemed rushed and cliched. I wasn't expecting too much from this book, but it was entertaining and got me into the Christmas spirit, which is what I wanted!
Charity
Jun 13, 2007 Charity rated it really liked it
A great holiday novel set from the point-of-views of three heroines, Jane, Ricki, and Emma, who are all connected. Their stories are told in an almost short story form which allows enough time to get to know each character without the confusion of figuring out whose point-of-view you are reading.
April
Nov 13, 2010 April rated it it was ok
Shelves: enjoyed
Took a long time to get into the book. Slow read until the end. A story about a woman and finding herself and what she really needs to be happy.
Anissa
Jun 05, 2011 Anissa rated it it was ok
funny and worth the read, but more like three short stories. Not melded together well at all. Left me wanting more details.
Alyson
Aug 03, 2011 Alyson rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The usual, mindless, read-for-fun novel when you don't want to think, yet be entertained at the same time.
Eli
Nov 28, 2012 Eli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2012
Each of the 3 sections focuses on a different character & story, yet they are entwined. I didn't really like Jane or Emma, so that leaves Ricki & the middle section for entertainment.
casey
May 11, 2007 casey rated it really liked it
Anyone who wants to read a book about Christmas that would life your spirits... this is it. This is a very funny book about a couple of friends and sibblings.
Dona
Jan 16, 2013 Dona rated it it was ok
Chick lit at its weakest ..... If you have a few hours to spend with nothing better to do go for it!
Genevieve Boarman
Jul 04, 2007 Genevieve Boarman rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: poolside readers
This is a light, fun book perfectly fit for vacation. Nothing intellectual, just good girly reading.
Kelly Evans
Dec 22, 2010 Kelly Evans rated it liked it
Okay book but certainly nothing special. There are 3 different perspectives that the story is told from. I only really enjoyed one of them.
Turtlegirl00
Nov 04, 2009 Turtlegirl00 rated it liked it
This is entertaining,quick easy reading. It is predictable-yet humorous and offers a good perspective on the holidays! Glad to have read it as they are rapidly approaching!
Al
Al rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2013
Lindsay Hunter
Lindsay Hunter rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2008
Jessica Schmit
Jessica Schmit rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2011
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2008
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2012
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Snow Angels
  • Home For The Holidays (Kismet, Michigan #1)
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • Twas the Night
  • Dashing Through the Mall: Santa, Baby/Assignment Humbug/Deck the Halls
  • Roommates
  • A New Lu
  • Miss Bubbles Steals the Show
  • Sylvia and Ted
  • In the Space Left Behind
  • Frost Bites (Edgar & Ellen Nodyssey, #2)
  • The Protectors Christmas Box Set
  • Like a Thorn
  • Tenderwire
  • Love Remains
  • Everything She Wants (The 310, #2)
  • A Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • High Heels and Holidays (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #5)