Joining (Shefford's Knights, #2)

Joining (Shefford's Knights #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  3,048 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Beautiful Milisant Crispin and handsome, arrogant Wulfric, the future Earl of Shefford, are engaged—and seldom has a betrothed couple been less suited. Her father has decreed that Milisant has a month to accustom herself to the future earl before the marriage takes place. As the time dwindles, Milisant desperately searches for a way out. But Wulfric is falling under a spel...more
Published August 29th 2006 by Avon (first published May 4th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Joining, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joining

The Bride by Julie GarwoodA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtThe Secret by Julie GarwoodRansom by Julie GarwoodHonor's Splendour by Julie Garwood
Best Medieval Romance Novels
77th out of 388 books — 588 voters
Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasLord of Scoundrels by Loretta ChaseDreaming of You by Lisa KleypasNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanMarried By Morning by Lisa Kleypas
Best Rogue/Rake Romance Books
154th out of 434 books — 979 voters

More lists with this book...

Mahareni Maldini
Wiiiiih ... sukaan ini drpd buku 1. Pengaruh terjemahan kali ya.

Weeell, slma Mrs. JL tdk meributkn Shakespeare dkk, puisi dkk, teater dkk - dlm bukunya, psti kulahap hbis halaman demi halaman.
Joining is a really fun and lighthearted read. I always enjoy breaking out this book and revisiting the story of Milisant and Wulfric. However, it's slightly superficial when you really get down to thinking about the details. So even though I really like this book, I'm going to give it a 3 star rating.

Milisant and Wulfric have been engaged since Milisant was born. However, the betrothed couple aren't happy about it. Because of a childhood accident, which they both blame the other for, they've a...more
Sonja
Maybe it’s just me, but of all the medievals I’ve read, they all seem to have a woman who doesn’t want to be a woman, and a man who will marry her anyway. I get how this pretty much has to happen in order for the modern reader to identify with the woman, since we are so culturally different, but it gets a bit tiresome.

On the plus side, the plot was a good one, if somewhat typical, and I enjoyed seeing King John featured.

Wasn’t a bad book, just not one of my favorites.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
For some reason, this book didn't resonate with me when I read it. I never connected with the characters. I wouldn't say it was a bad book, but it wasn't as good as Lindsey books can be. I should reread it again to see if I like it better the second time around.
Sharon Estridge
Historical romances are my guilty pleasure, not great literature but sometimes I really just want an easy entertaining read. This one didn't disappoint.
WishfulMiss
Every once in a while I get the need to read something old, and this one has been sitting in my book pile for a few years, being one of the first romance novels I ever read. It was a good read, smooth and the dialogue was believable but the conflict between the H/h was a little overblown and it seemed Milisant (the Heroine) was a little too bitter and resentful. Half way through the book I just wanted to slap some sense into her. Then I would remember she was only eighteen and this was actually...more
Diar Dwi Oktasari
Saat baca sinopsis belakang bukunya, saya kira saya akan lebih tertarik pada buku ini. Ternyata buku pertama lebih menarik. Pertama-tama, nama mereka aneh, Milisant Crispin dan Wulfric. Okey, Wulfric ini namanya memang mencerminkan seperti Wolf 'serigala' kata Mili, sesuai sikapnya yang kasar dan seperti binatang, tidak ada bagus2nya di mata Mili. Tapi memang menurut saya, Wulfric ini terlalu 'jahat' kepada Mili.
Kedua, Milinya sendiri saya ngebayangin dia itu kayak 'monyet kecil'. Kotor, dekil,...more
Yenny toh
Bercerita tentang perjodohan miilisant Crispin dengan Wulfric de Thorpe.pertemuan pertama yang menimbulkan trauma dan kesan buruk pastiny.Milli yg akibat ulah Wulf hampir cacat,terancam ga bs jalan atau pincang.cewek pincang apalagi dijaman atuk adam.ga tebayang deh...jangankan buat dapet jodoh buat dapet teman aja susah deh.Wulf hampir cacat juga seh tapi bukan kakiny yang cacat tapi organ buat cetak anakny.tumbuh deh tuh yang namany benih-benih cinta,eh...salah bukan benih cinta tapi benih ben...more
Sue Lyndon
Saral
I do not books set in the still medieval/crusades/post-crusades times... So I began this book with a lot of aprehension. Sadly the hero and heroine didn't do it for me. (Milisant changed face too suddenly at the end) Also, why is it that if the characters can't express their feeling by the 200th page, the author invent a real life-threatning situation where it is always: the heroine kidnapped from the middle of her husband's home which result in: the hero doing some knight in a shining armor dut...more
Chy
I gotta figure out why I've come to be reading the same book over and over. I mean, the setting changes, some of them are definitely written better than others, and like that. But you have a man, you have a woman, there is something unorthodox about one or both of them, they constantly irritate one another, then they "realize" they love one another.

It's kind of mesmorizing. As well as a weird sort of blankness in my reading cycle, like the blankness between tracks on a CD.

Anyway, I read this one...more
LJ
Joining - VG
Lindsey, Johanna

Beautiful Milisant Crispin and handsome, arrogant Wulfric, the future Earl of Shefford, are engaged-and seldom has a betrothed couple been less suited. Her father has decreed that Milisant has a month to accustom herself to the future earl before the marriage takes place. As the time dwindles, Milisant desperately searches for a way out. But Wulfric is falling under a spell himself, cast by the proud, strong woman who will be pledged to him against her will in a few s...more
Kate
Johanna Lindsey was my go-to-girl back in high school when I still read romances. I gave up reading romance a long time ago, mostly because I felt embarrassed buying them (I know, it's stupid and I'm trying to get over that). But I do keep up with Lindsey, but either I never read this one, or I just completely forgot it, so I picked it up at the library yesterday when I was looking for her latest Malory novel.

Not a huge fan of this novel as I found the heroine very annoying. Wulfric was hot eno...more
ies
Jan 29, 2012 ies rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
fyuuhh... 3 bintang, untuk cerita yg mengalir dgn baik dan wulf yg baik hati...

selebihnya aku kurang suka kastil2an *dbahas lagi*, trus aku jg tdk suka heroin yg terlalu keras kepala, oke lah.. aku seneng heroin yg kuat dan tegar trus ga mau ditindas, tp kl terlalu keras kepala jg ogah!!
masa benci kodratnya die jadi perempuan.. no no no..
wanita itu harus cerdas, kapan tau waktunya maju dan dan kapan harus mundur untuk memenangi peperangan! untung Wulf nya baek banget *nah lho gw protes sendiri*...more
Fanny Roswita Ria
Satu lagi buku kocak dari Johanna Lindsey. Lucu lihat pertengkaran Wulfric dan Milisant yang sama-sama punya pikiran buruk terhadap masing-masing. Wulfric berpikir kalo Milisant masih bertingkah laku kasar, sangat tidak enak diajak bicara serta perempuan yang berperilaku laki-laki sedangkan Wulfric dipikir oleh Milisant adalah pria yang suka memukul karena kejadian Rhiska, hewan peliharaannya, perayu perempuan dan tidak menghargai Milisant.

Milisant kerap kali berpikir yang jelek-jelek walau suda...more
Rebecca Bodiford
Okay really not my favorite book. Sadly I found this one hard to get through:(
Luz
This is in my top 5 favorite books. So funny, romantic & awesome. Love it!
Ririn Miu
the same pattern in johanna lindsey's book, marriage without love that ends up with love. doh. zaman siti nurbaya meluluuu... untungnya jodohnya cakep and baik, gimana kalau nggak -_- udah gitu pasti tokoh cewe selalu takut dipukulin kalau berbuat salah, GRRR. kdrt. walopun ga terjadi lah namanya juga romance O__o

sampai hampir 4/5 bagian dari novel heroine-nya masih juga keukeuh ogah nikah sama hero-nya -_- lama2 kesel juga, kesannya malah munafik (mau tapi gengsi - bukan kaya lagunya gita gutaw...more
M

booksonboard.com one of the first books i read by ohanna lindsey. she writes great historical romance. after reading many other of her books i realize that this is not her best but it is still pretty good. the hero and heroine met at age 6 and 13 and formed an instant hatred. so when it came time to marry they of course did not want to. the story tells how they came to love each other. if you are looking for a light romance this book is pretty good.
Sari
"Ya Ampun, aku menyerah". Sama seperti yg dikatakan Jhone salah satu tokoh yg ada di novel ini, gw juga menyerah membaca novel yg tokoh cwnya keras kepala n nyebelin tingkat tinggi, bikin emosi jiwa bgt. Dari bab awal sampe 2 bab sebelum bab akhir, nih cw ga berhenti "nyiksa" tokoh cowo n org" disekitarnya (kec. hewan peliharaan dia yg lebih diperlakukan manusiawi), helloooo.... basi bgt pas diakhir nih cw akhirnya mendapat "pencerahan" hingga mau ngerubah sikap, sebelumnya kemana aja mba. Fiuh....more
Slayermel
Jun 10, 2009 Slayermel rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any one who enjoys historical Romance or Johanna Lindsey
I had trouble putting this book down as it was a very fast read with interesting characters. I could not wait to see what was going to happen next between Milisant and Wulfric. They have been Betrothed since birth due to their fathers having fought in battle together and becoming good friends, and now it seems someone is trying to kill Milisant. Some of the Characters such as Neil (Milisant's father) had interesting little quirks that just make them more likable.
Yet another great Historical Rom...more
Annii
This book was alright. Johanna Lindsey is a pretty good writer, and the characters and atmosphere are well formed. But unfortunately, Milisant is one of the most grating, abrasive, and annoying heroines I've ever come across. She is completely unlikeable, completely anachronistic, ridiculous, and I wanted to smack her all the way through. Couldn't understand for a moment why Wulfric would ever want to marry such an annoying little shrew. She wasn't cute, she wasn't spunky, she was ~obnoxious. An...more
Daniella
I actually really liked this book. I didn't like it at first because I thought the writing like it was in a different century was really annoying, but I liked the characters and the story line so much that I got past it. I love that Milisant and Wulfric hate each other so passionately and that it gradually changes into a passionate love instead. I also think the underlying murder plot makes for a great way to bring them closer together. I really enjoyed reading it.
Oky Septya
Well, sudah lama saya ga baca karya Johanna Lindsey sejak lama sejak seri Malory. Tapi ternyata saya sangat menikmati buku ini. Cerita cewek tomboy abad 11 ini lucu, masa iya sih seorang lady nendang tulang kering Rajanya, that made me LOL. Dan keseluruhan, kenangan Millisant dan Wulfric saat mereka masih kecil itu sumpah kocak abis. Kalo di filmin kayaknya bakal jadi komedi banget. Novel setebl ini jadi ga berasa karena ceritanya ngalir abis. Love it!
Vina
sempat bingung ama tokoh walter di buku joining ama di defy.... walau dah tau beda orang tetap aja kesan nama "walter" dah keburu melekat di adik nya ranulf, tiba2 buku 2 muncul "walter" si biang kerok di buku 2.
hiks gak kreatif amat kasih namanyaaaaa tanteeeee johannaaaa.....
bener kata org, konyol ya wulfric bisa gak ingat/tau ke kamar siapa dia bawa mili, ya ampuuuun....
tapi terjemahan yang ini masih lebih oke dari pada buku pertama.
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Lumayan laah.. Sebenernya 3.5 .. tp karna ga ada setenganya jd kasih 4 ajah...

masih lebih bagus cerita tentang Lady Reina sama Ranulf nya... seneng deh pasangan ini keluar lagi di buku ini.. ^^ ...

Kocak juga... tapi masih kurang greget.. hahhha...

and.. banyak nama yang sama dengan buku sebelomnya.. padahal ga berhubungan.. jadi bikin bingung,, *_* ..

tp So far... Gw suka sama sosok Wulfric disini.. hehhhe..
Melissa
Not as good as the first one in the series. Milisant is a twin who is engaged since she was a child. She has only met her betrothed a few times throughout her life. She tends to dress as a boy and shun marriage in general. She fancies herself in love with a childhood friend but the friend only things of her as a sister.

Overall, there was too many plots and not enough character development.
Loraine
When I was younger, I couldn't get enough of anything that J. L. wrote, so when, after a few decades, I picked up another of her novels to read and found it surprisingly predictable and a lot like the stories I remember from that time, I was disappointed. Nothing has changed, including the story line and characters. It was still a good read, but with too much bickering between the leads.
Mary Ann
Set in the 1200's, a young tomboy rebels against an arranged marriage, while attempting to remain alive in spite of a plot to have her killed.
  • Castles In The Air (Medieval, #2)
  • The Dragon and the Jewel (Medieval Plantagenet #2)
  • The Wild Baron (Baron, #2)
  • Lionheart
  • Counterfeit Lady
  • Married to the Viscount (Swanlea Spinsters, #5)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom...more
More about Johanna Lindsey...
Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3) Prisoner of My Desire Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2) The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)