Always and Forever (Melissa & Jory, #1-2)

Always and Forever (Melissa & Jory #1-2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  1,159 ratings  ·  54 reviews
16-year-old Melissa Austin has always worked hard to get what she wants. As the school year begins, her work is paying off: Her grades are up and she�s landed a coveted spot on the Brain Bowl team. She and her best friend, Jory Delaney, are determined to have the best junior year ever.

Then Melissa receives devastating news about her health. At first she refuses to accept...more
Published May 11th 2004 by Laurel Leaf Library

Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDanielSix Months to Live by Lurlene McDanielSo Much to Live for by Lurlene McDanielI Want to Live by Lurlene McDanielA Rose for Melinda by Lurlene McDaniel
Lurlene McDaniel Novels
55th out of 62 books — 68 voters
The Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenEragon by Christopher PaoliniThe Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn MoriartyThe Golem's Eye by Jonathan StroudPoison Study by Maria V. Snyder
YA Novels of 2004
47th out of 104 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Morgan
This book is full of friendship and love and family. I love this book because it will make you feel the love and the anger and the sadness in it. It's such a good book I highly recomend it to anyone who likes sad books.
Carrie Jenkins
Oh gosh. This book was amazing.
The girl and her best friend have been there for each other since fifth grade. Mellisa's dad left when she was little leaving her bother, her mother, and her to fend for themselves. The brother took full responsibility for his baby sister. Their mom woked two jobs so she could support her children. The brother worked to support his sister and mom. The brother liked to ride in his air ballon. It made all of his problems dispear. Mellisa would drive her brothers truc...more
Rockrmissy
I never really expected much of this book, being it was one of the books on the sale table in my school book fair years ago. I only picked it out of chance since I had already spent most of my money and this book's description said there was a character named Melissa(which is my name). So, it stayed on the bottom of my stack until one day I decided to read it. Once I began reading this though I was so sympathetic that I had not read it before. It is a beautiful piece of literature that makes you...more
Karen
Mayra
This is a book about a girl named melissa.She has hopes and goals that any girl would have.She wahts to go to college and have the best junior year of her life.Her friend jory couldn't be better company and having michael(her brother) close would make it possible.then she starts to bruise after some weeks her mom takes her to the hospital.Test shows that she has leukimia, her dreams are crushed yet she doesn't give up hope.Chemo takes away her beauty and leaves her weak.Milissa and her family su...more
Stacey
Jul 27, 2008 Stacey rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: those who'd like a good cry.
Recommended to Stacey by: Chrissy Sloane
these are two of my favorite adolescent fiction books. i read them when i was in middle school. this author writes sappy novels about female heroines who go through life-altering crises (and usually have a romantic twist), and this set of books is no exception. they're two of her better written novels though (she hadn't written a gazillion of these yet that just start to blend together after a while).

they're unabashedly tear-jerking and sentimental, but if that's what you're looking for, they de...more
Ruben acebes
this book gave a shot about cancer. the same day that i gat this book, i went home and my mom told me that my grandmother had cancer in her mouth. if she has no a cirugy, she could die in less than one month. this was sarcastic for me. then i talked to my grandmother that everything was all rights,she's like my mom. well she told me if i died don't be sad or mad at anyone i'm old and it's time to leave. when i read that book all my fears desappeared, but when i got the second book my thinker jus...more
Amy
This book really was amazing. I read the book having an idea about how it would end. The back kindof gives it away. The main character Melissa lives with her mom and older brother. Her an her friend Jory spend all of their time together and really enjoy each other. Jory is in love with Melissa's brother but he never gives her a second thought. Everything is fine until Mellisa is diagnoised with cancer....
Daisy
When I first picked up this part reading the first book I found myself interested, I wasnt able to put the book down but when I read the second part I lost interest yeah I did want to know what was going to happen to her but it wasn't like I was actually interested on it like I was on the first part of the book.
Belen Villa
Apr 15, 2008 Belen Villa rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: so far every1
Recommended to Belen by: My friend JoSsY!
So far it is a good book i have read 2 page 40! Im proud!!! lol normally i dont get past page 10 in a week if im not being pressured by a teacher!
So yea so far so good. I've been learning a bit alredy. For example it reminded me to balance time. Not focus 100percent in 1 thing only.
Roberta love youuuu
Melissa has everything going good for her. She has a good family, a best friend, and , a merit scholorship as a junior in High School. But then, she get sick. It's cancer. She's fighting hard to survive, but sometimes she wants to give up.
Haylie
Aug 17, 2007 Haylie rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Anyone
This is an amazing story. It is about a girl who is battleing Lukemia, it made me cry. It gave me alot of inspiration to go out and achieve you dreams no matter how far off they seem. This is definatly one of my favorites!
Josselin
i loved this book because the main character Melissa taught me so much about life and the good things around it, even though she goes through a lot of bad things she still keeps a positive attitude towards things.

Emily
i will love Lurlene McDaniels for as long as i live...ive read two of her heart-wrenching novels and they are some of the most amazing, sad, inspiring pieces of literature ive ever read. 100% five stars!
Lauren
I loved the second book of this series, it really was great. It is a sad book but, you can find at least one character to identify with. I don't remember all of the details but, it's definately worth the read.
Dasha
Mary Bronson
I thought both books were very good. They were both well written. The characters are raw and very well developed. It is touching, heartwarming, and heartbreaking all at the same time.
Dianne
Life is indeed to short to waste. We got choices to make. We can always seek prevention.But we can't dodge what God has for us, even if it takes us by surprise and gives us loss.
Kianna
Feb 13, 2008 Kianna rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: everyone
I love Lurlene McDanial Books so when i read this book I knew it was going to be really good. I also learn alot from her books by them being about teenagers with cancer.
Gracie
I learned that even though your about to die you should never give up and try to stay alive as long as you can and it might be hard but this book shows you can do it
Vianey
Very inspirational, it touches the heart and really is amazing. My friend gave me this book and I was definitely consumed I loved it very well written.
Jennifer Williams
Went nostalgic with this one at the library. Surprised at how much I enjoyed it as an adult since McDaniel doesn't dwell on the sadness of the topic.
Bridget
helped me realize how much you have to suffer through in order to get what you really want. things don't always go easy.
Jess
I forgot what sneaky fuckers these books are.

(Note: stars are awarded solely for the purposes of nostalgia.)
Morgan Lemke
melissa and jory are best friends! one is poor and one is rich! melissa dies and jory doesnt know what to do!
Nina
i love this book. it is my all time favorite lurlene mcdaniel book... that will never change
Noreen
This book shows the true meaning of friendship, bravery, and family. I really loved it.
Leeann

Again, easy YA reads. Fairly well written, story line is good, great beach read.
TotallyTwilightFan!*In Love With Edward Cullen!*
really sad! only hlf way through and have already used up a whole box of tissues.

Brandi
I read this when I went through a Lurlene McDaniel phase. Not one of my favorites.
  • Whispers from the Dead
  • White House Autumn (The President's Daughter, #2)
  • Goodnight Kiss (Fear Street Superchiller, # 3)
  • The Best and Hardest Thing
  • Our America
  • The Long Night of Leo and Bree
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Letters - Letters of Life, Love and Learning
  • Cracking the Dating Code
  • Amelia's War
  • Get a Life (Clearwater Crossing, #1)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • Silver (Sarabeth, #1)
  • Behind the Secret Window
  • Dana's Valley
  • Night Sun (Sons of the Dark, #4)
  • A Family Reunion
  • Choices
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...
Don't Die, My Love Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #1) Angels Watching Over Me (Angels Trilogy, #1) I'll Be Seeing You Telling Christina Goodbye