Start by marking “My Lords, Ladies And Marjorie” as Want to Read:
My Lords, Ladies And Marjorie

My Lords, Ladies And Marjorie (Edwardian Candlelight #13)

Miss Marjorie Montmorency-James was very lovely, very young, and very impressionable . . . which is why she fell in love with Lord Philip's picture in the newspaper. Little did she suspect that she would soon meet Lord Philip in the flesh. For what would a daughter of the middle class be doing rubbing shoulders with the mobility?
Hardcover, Large Print, 222 pages
Published February 1st 2003 by Thorndike Press (first published October 1981)

To ask other readers questions about My Lords, Ladies And Marjorie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lords, Ladies And Marjorie

QNPoohBear
A different time period, similar story. Seventeen year old Marjorie Montmorency-James lives in a backwater country village with her middle-class grandmother. There are no men at all in their village and Marjorie dreams of a nameless, faceless man to fall in love with. When she sees a picture of Lord Philip Cavendish in a picture in the newspaper, she falls madly in love with him and is determined her grandmother should give her a London Season so she may have a chance to see him in thr flesh. Ma ...more
Damaskcat
Apr 07, 2013 Damaskcat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marjorie Montmerency-Jones is an heiress – but her money comes from trade so she may not be acceptable to high society. Marjorie herself is a very good mimic and when she has her first season she starts to imitate young women about her with results which are far from being what she intended. She falls in love with Lord Philip but his unofficial fiancée decides to eliminate the competition – permanently.

I started off thinking Marjorie was just a stupid little girl but I gradually warmed to her an
Lauren
Aug 02, 2016 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a ridiculously silly story! But short and simple, perfect length for a quick road trip.
Carrieuoregon
Extra cute and fun for a fluffy Edwardian romance.
AJ
Jan 06, 2015 AJ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one in particular--see review
Recommended to AJ by: No one
Review to come
Tasneem
Oct 05, 2015 Tasneem rated it liked it
Shelves: edwardian
Beaton is such a funny writer. I love her take on the Edwardian morality and fashions. She knows what women were like and captures that young immaturity so well. Philip is the perfect moronic aristocrat with no feelings or not many anyway. He is well punished by being captured by Hermione in marriage. Whereas Marjorie and Robert are so unexpected but meant to be.
Lynne Tull
Apr 07, 2011 Lynne Tull rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency-romance
This is one of the few books/series I would read again. These stories of Marion Chesney started me on my adventure...reading Regency Romance/Novels/History! There is not a set of books that will teach you more about the basics about life in Regency England. There are six series with six books each. I love them all. It must be a "past life" thing:)
Marisa Valle
Sep 06, 2013 Marisa Valle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency, romance
I just re-read this one and I forgot how annoying Marjorie was through most of the book. Phillip is a cad and she must be blind not to see it but fortunately she eventually grows up and realizes the person she should have chosen all along.
Beth Sullivan
Jan 24, 2013 Beth Sullivan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always enjoy Beaton
Krissy Lee
Krissy Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Marcia Schmit
Marcia Schmit marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Shae Carson
Shae Carson rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2016
Jim Bay
Jim Bay rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
DanaG
DanaG added it
Aug 26, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Tawnee Shriver
Tawnee Shriver rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Kathy G
Kathy G rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Purfectcom2
Purfectcom2 rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Verity Salter
Verity Salter rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2016
Irma Sheehan
Irma Sheehan rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Uma Shankar T
Uma Shankar T rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Hannah Baker
Hannah Baker marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Brenda cozart edwards
Brenda cozart edwards rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Lisa Pianka
Lisa Pianka rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Ines
Ines marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Karen Stallings
Karen Stallings rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • An Affair of Interest
  • Tilly (Regency Love, #9)
  • My Dear Duchess (Regency Royal, #6) (Dukes & Desires, #5)
  • The Marquis Takes a Bride (Cotillion Regency Romance, #2) (Regency Royal, #2)
  • The Irresistible Earl
  • Captain of Her Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #1)
  • The Seeker (Shaker Series, #3)
  • The Truth About Cads and Dukes (Rescued from Ruin #2)
  • Dancing on the Wind
Marion Chesney Gibbons
aka: Ann Fairfax, Jennie Tremaine, Helen Crampton, Charlotte Ward, M.C. Beaton, Sarah Chester.

Marion Chesney was born on 1936 in Glasgow, Scotland, UK, and started her first job as a bookseller in charge of the fiction department in John Smith & Sons Ltd. While bookselling, by chance, she got an offer from the Scottish Daily Mail to review variety shows and quickly
More about Marion Chesney...

Edwardian Candlelight (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Polly (Edwardian Candlelight, #1) (Regency Love, #5)
  • Molly (Regency Love, #6)
  • Ginny (Regency Love, #7)
  • Tilly (Regency Love, #9)
  • Susie (Regency Love, #10)
  • Kitty (Regency Love, #2)
  • Daisy (Regency Love, #3)
  • Sally (Regency Love, #13)
  • Maggie (Regency Love, #14)
  • Poppy (Regency Love, #12)