Start by marking “My Lords, Ladies And Marjorie” as Want to Read:
My Lords, Ladies And Marjorie

My Lords, Ladies And Marjorie (Edwardian Candlelight #13)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Miss Marjorie Montmorency-James was very lovely, very young, and very impressionable . . . which is why she fell in love with Lord Philip's picture in the newspaper. Little did she suspect that she would soon meet Lord Philip in the flesh. For what would a daughter of the middle class be doing rubbing shoulders with the mobility?
Hardcover, Large Print, 222 pages
Published February 1st 2003 by Thorndike Press (first published October 1981)

To ask other readers questions about My Lords, Ladies And Marjorie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lords, Ladies And Marjorie

QNPoohBear
A different time period, similar story. Seventeen year old Marjorie Montmorency-James lives in a backwater country village with her middle-class grandmother. There are no men at all in their village and Marjorie dreams of a nameless, faceless man to fall in love with. When she sees a picture of Lord Philip Cavendish in a picture in the newspaper, she falls madly in love with him and is determined her grandmother should give her a London Season so she may have a chance to see him in thr flesh. Ma ...more
Damaskcat
Marjorie Montmerency-Jones is an heiress – but her money comes from trade so she may not be acceptable to high society. Marjorie herself is a very good mimic and when she has her first season she starts to imitate young women about her with results which are far from being what she intended. She falls in love with Lord Philip but his unofficial fiancée decides to eliminate the competition – permanently.

I started off thinking Marjorie was just a stupid little girl but I gradually warmed to her an
P.
A bit of a rambler this one, and the first romance I've read with a full complement of anarchists.
Alicia
Jan 06, 2015 Alicia rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one in particular--see review
Recommended to Alicia by: No one
Review to come
Lynne Tull
This is one of the few books/series I would read again. These stories of Marion Chesney started me on my adventure...reading Regency Romance/Novels/History! There is not a set of books that will teach you more about the basics about life in Regency England. There are six series with six books each. I love them all. It must be a "past life" thing:)
Marisa Valle
I just re-read this one and I forgot how annoying Marjorie was through most of the book. Phillip is a cad and she must be blind not to see it but fortunately she eventually grows up and realizes the person she should have chosen all along.
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 09, 2015
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Adeline
Adeline marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
S
S marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Marion Chesney Gibbons
aka: Ann Fairfax, Jennie Tremaine, Helen Crampton, Charlotte Ward, M.C. Beaton, Sarah Chester.

Marion Chesney was born on 1936 in Glasgow, Scotland, UK, and started her first job as a bookseller in charge of the fiction department in John Smith & Sons Ltd. While bookselling, by chance, she got an offer from the Scottish Daily Mail to review variety shows and quickly
More about Marion Chesney...

Edwardian Candlelight (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Polly (Edwardian Candlelight, #1) (Regency Love, #5)
  • Molly (Regency Love, #6)
  • Ginny (Regency Love, #7)
  • Tilly (Regency Love, #9)
  • Susie (Regency Love, #10)
  • Kitty (Regency Love, #2)
  • Daisy (Regency Love, #3)
  • Sally (Regency Love, #13)
  • Maggie (Regency Love, #14)
  • Poppy (Regency Love, #12)
Snobbery With Violence (Edwardian Murder Mysteries, #1) Hasty Death Lady Fortescue Steps Out (Poor Relations #1) Sick of Shadows (An Edwardian Murder Mystery #3) Our Lady of Pain (Edwardian Murder Mystery #4)