Start by marking “Afro Samurai Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Afro Samurai Volume 2

Afro Samurai Volume 2 (Afro Samurai #2)

Death isn't the end... it's only the beginning.

Brutally wounded by the teddy-bear-headed master swordsman Kuma, Afro awakens in the care of a village of people who each have been stricken by tragedy. Yet, unlike Afro, instead of letting their lives be overpowered by the thirst for revenge, they have embraced the teachings of "the One" and found peace.

Their peaceful lives a
Published February 3rd 2009 by Tor/Seven Seas

To ask other readers questions about Afro Samurai Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Afro Samurai Volume 2

The Crimson Fucker
Ok… I decided to read this so I can create my “afro-disiac” shelve… so today when they left me off early from work I stopped by B&N and asked Mr. Greg for a copy of this crap and took the opportunity to tell him how crappy and funny this movie is… when out of no where I see this dude holding a copy of this “book” and he ask me what did I think about the movie… and I’m like ermmm… it was the worse movie I’ve ever seen in my life!!! Freaking hilarious man!!! And the dude looks at me all seriou ...more
Andre
1) Deutsche Rezension
2) English Review

1) Deutsche Rezension
Dieser Manga war ziemlich dämlich. Die Geschichte von Afro als Kind und junger Mann war weit besser als der Rest, da es ihn als eine echte Person darstellt und nicht diese flache Mordmaschine die er sonst ist. Und auch die Hintergrundgeschichte macht klar wie besessen er ist, da er willens war seinen Erzieher zu töten nur um seinen Vater zu rächen.
Was hier über diesen schwarzen Ninja gesagt wird sagt mir nachwievor nicht wer oder was e
Melissa Chung
Sep 05, 2016 Melissa Chung rated it it was ok
I wasn't very impressed with the ending to this duology. I much prefer vol:1. The story line made more sense. 2.5 stars.

In Vol:1 of AfroSamurai, No.2 is seeking revenge for his father, who was killed by No.1. I'm not sure if this manga/graphic novel is referencing death or the grim reaper. I was super confused on who No.1 was.

Anyways, No.2, goes on a killing spree in the first book trying to reach this sacred mountain where he will find his father's murderer. It doesn't matter who gets in his w
Ville-markus Nevalainen
Quite the same experience as the first one, though there were some differences.

Where the first volume was way too dark to make any sense of anything, I felt this problem was somewhat fixed here. That alone was a huge plus. The fights also seemed, at least on some points, more clear and more movie like and alive. Especially the "main" fight of the book with the Teddybear depicted in the cover looked great.

But where the fighting got more clear, the story did not. Before this the story had been str
Heidi
Apr 22, 2009 Heidi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I love the melodramatic saga that is Afro Samurai's life. The movies are better than the books simply for the gorgeously bloody animation. The plot does go a little over-the-top, but Samuel L. Jackson wouldn't be associated with anything less!
Dylon
Dylon rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2015
MatSee
MatSee rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Patrick Guilbeau
Patrick Guilbeau rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Charles
Charles rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Cornbread
Cornbread rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2010
Ivana
Ivana rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2013
Dominic Wolfe
Dominic Wolfe rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2013
Nikoleta
Nikoleta rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Valon Lushi
Valon Lushi rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Zack
Zack rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Ronald Arango
Ronald Arango rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Nirjhar
Nirjhar rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Ghislain Rodrigues
Ghislain Rodrigues rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Amanda Wolf
Amanda Wolf rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
cì zǐ
cì zǐ rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2017
Ash Hell
Ash Hell rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Barry
Barry rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2016
Dayton Berry
Dayton Berry rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
Fernanda Ribeiro
Fernanda Ribeiro rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2015
AmberCat'sEye
AmberCat'sEye rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2012
Mahmoud Hamdi
Mahmoud Hamdi rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Wyatt
Wyatt rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2013