Start by marking “Case Closed, Vol. 16” as Want to Read:
Case Closed, Vol. 16

Case Closed, Vol. 16 (Detective Conan nueva edición #16)

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  1,048 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews

The Black Star:

Conan meets his trickiest adversary yet when the Sebastian Financial Group hosts an exclusive party on the lavish ocean liner the Q. Selizabeth. All 500 guests are wearing a copy of the priceless jewel the Black Star pearl. One pearl is the real thing. And one guest is also the notorious thief Kaito Kid, aka Phantom Thief 1412, who is bent on leaving the eve

Published April 5th 2007 by Viz LLC (first published August 9th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Case Closed, Vol. 16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Case Closed, Vol. 16

Xenia
Feb 26, 2017 Xenia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Die Auflösung des ersten Falles war sehr cool! Der zweite Fall mit den Detective Boys hat mir diesmal sehr gefallen! Das Highlight dieses Bandes ist aber natürlich der erste Fall mit Kaito Kid und dem Black Star. Ich mag Kuroba total und hab auch noch dir Kaito Kid Mangas im Regal stehen.
Nathan Cunningham
Fun as always! I'm always happy to see the Junior Detective League; the school mystery mixed humor and creepiness so well. And Kaito Kid is so cool! I hope he appears again sometime.

My only complaint: (view spoiler)
Sony Sanjaya
Nov 02, 2016 Sony Sanjaya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kid Debut ! 1412
Melumebelle
Oct 25, 2016 Melumebelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I didn't know about Gosho's other series, but after this volume I'm interested!
Jerry
Mar 01, 2017 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Another enjoyable entry into the series. We meet a few supporting characters like Sonoko's parents and some other police officials. Some other background characters show up again.

The spine of this volume was a heist story with a neat but somewhat unbelievable twist. I have to remember I'm am reading manga. My suspension of disbelief was massively strained at a few points. I can't say what those are without spoiling things. I'm sure you'll know exactly what I'm talking about once you read it.

We m
Lissibith
Nov 02, 2014 Lissibith rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, detective
This volume concludes the murder case at the home of a man who hired Mouri to find his childhood sweetheart, then the Detective Boys try to get to the bottom of several mysteries at their school after hours, Conan gets his first crack and the Kaitou Kid and at the end, Mouri, Ran and Conan visit a famous potter just in time for murder.

The first of these is my favorite of the cases in the book, both because I enjoyed the mystery best and because Heiji is involved and I enjoy the interplay between
Fudz
Nov 15, 2008 Fudz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-book
Ini adalah komik conan yang pertama kali saya baca, karena saya penasaran dengan isinya, sayapun meminjamnya dari seorang teman. TApi karena saya pun ingin memilikinya, akhirnya saya membeli dari teman tsb, meskipun tadinya dia tidak setuju.
Menceritakan petualangan conan bertemu pencuri kelas kakap, Kaitou Kid. Ran Maouri pun tidak luput menjadi korbannya, karena Kid menyamar menjadi RAn.
Tapi dengan insting detektifnya, Conan alias Shinichi berhasil menggagalkan pencurian berlian yang akan dilak
Kitty
Sep 30, 2007 Kitty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nicetoread
I like all Conan Detective comics..
I usually dont like thriller, horor, or any kind of detective story.. but this is different.

Conan or Shinici Kudo is a high school detective. He is so smart, he solves every case (of course, he's the main star).But he haven't found the organization that make he become a kid. He no longer can enjoyed his time in high school, no longer can mingle with Ran and all of his friends.

The bad thing is this book seem to have long ending.. it also took too long to publish
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama dibeli dan dibaca pada tahun 1998.

Sebelum merilis Meitantei Conan, Aoyama-sensei telah menelurkan serial Yaiba dan Kaito Kid. Berbeda dengan Yaiba yang tamat, serial Kaito Kid masih menggantung. Sepertinya Aoyama-sensei meng-cross over serial Kaito Kid ke dalam serial Meitantei Conan mulai jilid ke-16 ini, sehingga secara tidak langsung kisah Kaito Kid pun tetap berlanjut, meskipun di sini ia sengaja dipasang untuk menjadi lawan setara bagi Shinichi Kudo/Conan Edogawa.

Setela
Alfiah Mega
Jun 23, 2014 Alfiah Mega rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-comic
Sugoi! Akhirnya aku bertemu Kid Si Pencuri! Dia muncul untuk pertama kalinya & berhasil menarik perhatian banyak orang. Dia benar-benar mirip Shinichi! Model rambutnya bahkan lebih keren! Terkesan seperti remaja yang agak nakal dan cuek! Alasan yang membuatku memberikan bintang lima ;) "Pencuri adalah seniman yang terampil dalam hal mencuri barang. Sedangkan detektif tak lebih dari tukang kritik yang suka mencari-cari kesalahan orang." Aku setuju untuk yang pertama, tapi tidak untuk yang ked ...more
Passionist
Oct 11, 2016 Passionist rated it it was amazing
KAITO KID!!!

basically i have been waiting for this chapter or 'case' about kaito kid since i started reading detective conan. so we know kaito kid is a high school student and he (for some reason) looks like shinchi!
i also loved ran's dress in the case*v*
so far I'm planning on reading the Kaito Kid manga soon, possibly any time soon where i don't have any finals/assignments/projects.

P.S. i want to wear the kaito kid white suit,cape and hat looks very comforting and it gives the feeling that an
Quadragon27
This volume was a little bit of a mixed bag. It features 3 regular cases and one Junior Detective League case, which was frankly just kind of stupid. The case with the Phantom Thief Kid is pretty good just because we so rarely encounter anyone who can give Conan a run for his money. (Although why do the two of them look alike? That is never really addressed).
Rofi
Dec 30, 2011 Rofi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#episode "keanehan di sekolah" lucuuuu dan serem :p hhi... conan konyol, haha

#episode "pertemuan tak terduga" ADA KID!!!! waaaa... keren keren... trus di akhir cerita tokoh kid digambarkan dengan jelas dan dikira ran "shinichi" tapi orang lain, aduh... belepotan bahasanya :p haha... pokoknya saya suka episode yang ada KID :p hihi
Puji P. Rahayu
Nov 27, 2012 Puji P. Rahayu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nothing can i say except that Detective Conan is so cool. In this volume, Kaito '1412' Kid appear. wow, he is so amazing. I love it. With his style, use white hat, tuxedo, monocle and glider. He is very-very smart. The Last Wizard of Century
Holly Letson
I had heard of Kaito Kid before, and was waiting for his appearance in the manga. I did enjoy this volume, but I don't really like the way he was handled here.
However, the school mystery makes up for that. Except that this volume ended without finishing it, and I don't have V17.
Jesca
Apr 11, 2009 Jesca rated it it was amazing
Conan deals with a different kind of case in which you can trust no one. We meet Kaito Kid who reminds me of Phantom Thief Dark from D.N.Angel with his fascination of stealing the treasure in good old fashion ways.
~Lyn~
Oct 21, 2007 ~Lyn~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lanjutan cerita conan vs kid di volume 15.. akhirnya kid ga jadi curi perhiasannya, tapi conan juga gagal tangkap kid :p
Aryanti
Mar 13, 2016 Aryanti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
kaitou kid!
Ingrid
Oct 17, 2008 Ingrid rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Reading for fun and free time
Genre: mystery, deduction
Juna
May 21, 2011 Juna rated it really liked it
Love detective Conan, as usual ;)
Alya N
Apr 14, 2014 Alya N rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kaito Kid's first appearance is here!
coolnerd
I love conaaaaan
Catie
KAITOU KID. ♥ ♥ ♥
Claire
Volume 16 - Chance Meeting between Kid The Phantom Thief and Conan.
Monda
Jan 17, 2015 Monda rated it liked it
Shelves: 4-manga
Wooohoooo!! And at last, KID appeared. I was waiting for him to show up for too long and finally he is here.
Samantha
Dec 17, 2016 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I loved seeing Kaito Kid in this one. I wondered why he looked like Jimmy until I found out this was a crossover between his two series (he tends to reuse character models).
Pato Myers
Dec 19, 2016 Pato Myers rated it liked it
A quick and enjoyable read.
Sep 20, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Yeay!!! The Kaito Kid!!!
Beshr Gh
Beshr Gh rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Mirna
Mirna rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2007
  • Bus Gamer 1999-2001 the Pilot Edition
  • Angin Musim Gugur
  • One Piece, Volume 54: Unstoppable (One Piece, #54)
  • The Record of a Fallen Vampire, Vol. 7
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 17 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #17)
  • Hai Miiko! 5
  • Under Grand Hotel, Volume 02
Gosho Aoyama ( 青山 剛昌) is a Japanese manga artist. He is best known as the creator of the manga series Detective Conan (known in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom as Case Closed).

Aoyama made his debut as a manga artist with the work Chotto Matte which was published in the weekly magazine Shōnen Sunday on winter of 1987. Shortly after that, another work by Aoyama, Magic Kaito, was pu
More about Gosho Aoyama...

Detective Conan nueva edición (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Case Closed, Vol. 1
  • Detective Conan, Vol. 2 (Detective Conan, #3-#4)
  • Detective Conan, Vol. 3 (Detective Conan, #5-#6)
  • Case Closed, Vol. 4