Start by marking “Italy” as Want to Read:
Italy

Italy

4.21  ·  Rating Details ·  1,054 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Italy offers an extraordinary kaleidoscope of regions and experiences for all visitors. Packed with photographs, illustrations and maps the Eyewitness Travel to Italy has mapped out all of the remarkable flavors of Italy. Use this guide to help you decide where to stay, eat, relax, and shop. Every page in the Eyewitness Travel to Italy has pinpointed the highlights of each ...more
Published March 1st 2006 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Italy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Italy

Kay
I'd rate this one four stars but for one key flaw -- man oh man is it heavy! I'd never dream of carting this book around -- it's strictly a reference book as far as I'm concerned.

Having said that, I'm a big fan of the Eyewitness Travel Guides. The format is appealing -- a lavishly illustrated introductory section expounding on the history and key features of the city followed by color-coded sections, each devoted to a different area. As might be expected, art and architecture are areas that get
JG (The Introverted Reader)
This was great for choosing which areas we wanted to visit because of the color pictures. I do recommend it for that. I would never pack it to carry around with me on my trip though. It weighs an absolute ton! I carried Rick Steves books with me on my trip.
Matthew M
Mar 22, 2013 Matthew M rated it really liked it
Pages: 111
Genre: Non-Fiction
Brief summary: This book is about all the places in Italy my favorite is place their is Venice. Venice is in northeaster Italy and has a group of around 120 small islands, It is the capital of the Veneto region and has over 270,000 people. In Italy Venice is pronounced "Venezia." The city is not actually built on islands because it is not strong enough to support the building, they are supported by a series of wooden platforms. Venice is made up of many canals and br
Blecy Ong
Apr 22, 2016 Blecy Ong rated it really liked it
Rome is a wonderful place. This book will help you pick places to visit in Italy and help you discover the beauty and pleasures of being in Italy. So, here’s a page with some of the most useful Italy travel tips on the book. It will help you to figure out a budget for your trip and also some good ways to cut the costs of an Italy trip. This is a great guidebook that could cover things there to do and see in Italy. I found this book easy to read and full of lots of useful information. Great book ...more
David Lafferty
Nov 21, 2012 David Lafferty rated it really liked it
I always loved this series of books, especially the Italy books but never thought they would be practical to take on a trip due to their weight. After going to Italy this year and not taking this book, I realized what a big mistake that was. There were a lot of people using it, plus it's great if you just want to roam around and know what you're looking at. Hey, it weighs less than all the bottles of water I was lugging around!
Filipa
Jan 03, 2016 Filipa rated it really liked it
É um livro bastante útil. Estou a planear uma viagem à Itália e este foi o meu livro base. É bastante concreto. Uma coisa que poderá ser um ponto negativo é o facto de ser um livro muito "pesado" para levar de viagem. Mas sendo que existem livros da mesma colecção mais resumidos (por exemplo o top 10 de X cidade) esse fator pode ser contornado. Tem imagens bastante apelativas e as informações são de fácil leitura. Recomendo.
Sara W.
May 17, 2016 Sara W. rated it really liked it
Traveling will no longer difficult now, this book is the best guide! Italy, as what I have known is the best place to visit, with all the beautiful places that really amazed everyone. This book showed me the best places to visit in Italy and to enjoy food, accommodation, and to relax and shop. This book made my vacation easier since this include a map. See you there!
Cheer Papworth
Apr 17, 2008 Cheer Papworth rated it really liked it
Shelves: travel
This book really covers the highlights of Italy. I still go back and look at it all the time and marvel at the fact that I have been there and have actually seen all these marvelous things! Great travel companion book!
Chad Lamb
Feb 21, 2016 Chad Lamb rated it really liked it
Very helpful guide in my trip planning. This book helped me know what to look for in sites for each city I visited and in famous paintings and sculptures at the various museums in Florence. Really useful road map helped me get around the insane layout of Venice.
Annette
Oct 22, 2007 Annette rated it really liked it
This book was our guide when we visited Italy in May of 2000. I love the photos in these Eyewitness books. The only drawback is the weight...these books are of such a good quality, glossy paper, that they're pretty heavy to carry around. But, you hate to be without them.
Lauren
Apr 30, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, italy
I think DK travel books are the most well-rounded and best to use when traveling to a new destination. These books have really helped me when deciding where to go and what to do.
Sofia
Sofia rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2013
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Jenn
Jenn rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2013
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2014
Paul Hanley
Paul Hanley rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2014
Stacie Webb-keller
Stacie Webb-keller rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2011
Nina
Nina rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Dhwani Patel
Dhwani Patel rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Morgana Green
Morgana Green rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2011
Lois Steinberg
Lois Steinberg rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Ufuk Solmazlar
Ufuk Solmazlar rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Leelee S.
Leelee S. rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Ziva
Ziva rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2013
Sandro Nadal
Sandro Nadal rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2013
Annemette Henriksen
Annemette Henriksen rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Jo
Jo rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Felicity
Felicity rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
  • France
  • Paris
  • Ireland (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide)
  • Great Britain
  • Spain (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
  • New York
  • Rome
  • Germany (DK Eyewitness Travel)
  • Florence & Tuscany
  • Rick Steves' Italy 2007
  • Portugal (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
  • Scotland (revised) (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Barcelona & Catalonia
  • Venice & the Veneto
  • Japan (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
  • Unforgettable Places to See Before You Die