Start by marking “Pyramid” as Want to Read:
Pyramid

Pyramid

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Published (first published January 1st 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Pyramid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pyramid

Zenny Dahl
This is also a research book from the children’s section in the library. I think you can also pick this up at any museum. The pictures were gorgeous. They showed pyramids from Egyptian, Mayan and Aztec, as well as grave decorations and other burial accouterments.
Mehdi
Pyramids are triangle-shaped constructions. Most of them are ancient but we can even find modern forms such as the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas or the glass pyramid at the Louvre Museum in Paris. Pyramids are famous for the symbol they have: on the one-dollar bill, they represent permanence and strength and the upper triangle represents the all-seeing eye of God.
However, the most famous pyramids are definitely those situated in Egypt and Mexico.
An Arab proverb refers to these strong and ever-lasting
Emily Sirota
This is a historical fiction book with real pictures and artifacts from pyramids in Egypt. I starts out with what they are and where they are located around the world, it then goes into detail about how they are made and how old they are. This is a great informational book for kids in elementary mainly the older kids. This book is a good informational book to keep on your shelf's if you plan on reading about Egypt or pyramids in general. This book is longer but it contains a lot of information o ...more
Tamra
May 04, 2010 Tamra rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: preteens with an interest in Egypt and/or pyramids
Recommended to Tamra by: my 8-year-old daughter
My 8-year-old daughter and I share a love for Egypt. So she brought me home this book from the library.

I'm shocked at how much information they jammed into this 70-page book. Facts and measurements on the pyramids of Giza, plus lesser-known pyramids around the world (but mostly in Egypt, because that's where most of the world's pyramids are); facts about the men and women who commissioned them; general information about ancient Egyptian culture; and dates and general information surrounding the
Reenie Peppers
Themes: pyramid cultural significance, pyramid construction, ancient Egypt, Mayan pyramids, Aztec pyramids, modern pyramids
Activities: collaborative lesson with World History teacher, art lesson using different materials to construct a pyramid, find other pyramid inspired modern architecture
Naomi
This book was good mainly for the pictures. The pictures were partnered with very basic information about the picture. A good basic book for the young researcher.
Duane
DK books are always a favorite with our young readers and this book is sure to be a favorite. Focusing on Pyramids, readers will be able to see the artifacts that most book just talk about. Reading level is more for preteen and up readers, but all ages will enjoy the photographs and illustrations.
Hava
Apr 04, 2010 Hava rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids who love pyramids!
As always, a quality Eyewitness book. I have yet to find a book in this series that disappoints. If you're interested in Egyptian history (note: it does delve into other civilizations' histories too, which I thought was cool) then this is the book for you.
AK
Beautiful and clear fotographs, full of details and well written!

DK's pyramid book is a great resource for all kind of ages.

i have the latest print from 2011, hardcover.
Theresa
pyramids drawings and pictures of historical and modern understanding of the use of the pyramids, and thier role in egyptian culture
Toni
Full of brilliant information about the pyramids the desert and mumification of bodies
Tara
Full of usefull information.
Cool
Shelves: 2012-new
A
SM
Vivian
Vivian is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2015
Meena
Meena marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Sunny
Sunny added it
Jul 09, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Eyewitness: Mummy Art and Artifact: The Museum as Medium Amazing Facts About Ancient Egypt Egyptology: An Introduction to the History, Art and Culture of Ancient Egypt Ancient Egyptians (Eyewitness Anthologies)