Start by marking “Secret Identity (Lost, #2)” as Want to Read:
Secret Identity (Lost, #2)

Secret Identity (Lost #2)

2.92 of 5 stars 2.92  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The Barnes & Noble Review
Cathy Hapka's Lost: Secret Identity, the second in an ongoing series of novels based on ABC's hit television show, revolves around Dexter Cross, one of the few survivors of Oceanic Flight 815, who is forced to deal with the mountain of lies that has brought him to this point in his miserable sham of a life.

Throughout his formative years, Dexter
Published January 1st 2006 by Voice

To ask other readers questions about Secret Identity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Identity

Adam Boudreau
I have to say, I think this was the best of the three Lost novels. I remember almost nothing of the other two and I'm sure after a year or so, I'll forget everything about this one, so saying this is the best of the novels isn't saying much. As another reviewer pointed out, this is more of a 2.5 stars, rather than a straight three. Given how fast I tore through the book, I thought the bump to three was semi-warranted on my behalf, because the story wasn't unenjoyable on my part.

If I remember cor
Sarah Jane Smith
More of a 2.5 than a straight 2, but not good enough to round up to a 3. The only things I liked was the usage of the forest and the doppelgangers and working in the Marshall/Kate subplot without feeling forced. However, the entirety of Dexter's back story was boring and contrived, relied on so many stereotypical characters it was ridiculous, and Arzt seemed terribly off.

Dear LOST writers: Arzt doesn't care about your boring OCs' sob stories. Neither would Shannon, who in this part of season on
Shaun Swick
Jun 23, 2008 Shaun Swick rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lost fans
Recommended to Shaun by: Meaghan
Rote and slight, yet for a fan of the show, still interesting. Like a lesser version of the season 3 episode "Expose," it's a chance to relive familiar scenes and characters from a new point of view.

The story leaves you wondering at the end what it was even about at the beginning, the dialogue anything but sharp... but you can hear the voices of familiar characters in their words, the chapters drift—like an episode of the show—between flashback and present, and little details (like the book's 23
Obaid Rahman
Lots of curbs and turn towards the story end.
Mark
Aug 11, 2011 Mark rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Not the most in-depth novel ever, especially when you consider the many layers of the TV series its based on. But a nice quick read and a welcome if not in-sightful addition to the series.
Debbie
Dexter Cross, poor boy who finds himself pretending to be someone else at college, is on Oceanic Flight 815
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Halit Emin
Halit Emin marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Javi
Javi added it
Oct 31, 2014
Tauriel
Tauriel marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Jane7398
Jane7398 is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2014
Carlos
Carlos added it
Sep 21, 2014
Alexandra Verbuncu
Alexandra Verbuncu marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Hana
Hana marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Randy Christopher
Randy Christopher marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
  • Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide
  • The Lost Chronicles: The Official Companion Book with Bonus DVD Behind the Scenes of LOST
  • 24 Declassified: Veto Power
  • Lost Encyclopedia
  • 24 Declassified: Operation Hell Gate
  • Primeval: Extinction Event
  • Lost and Philosophy: The Island Has Its Reasons
  • The Poisoned Chalice (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #4)
  • Santa's Little Helper (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #5)
  • Foreign Exchange (Glee, #2)
  • Loose Ends
  • Bad Twin
  • Cult Following (CSI: Miami, Book 3)
  • Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
  • The Crimson Spell (Charmed, #3)
  • The Rebel (Roswell High, #8)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Charmed, #2)
Catherine (Cathy) Hapka has written more than one hundred books for children and adults, as a ghostwriter for series as well as original titles, including the Romantic Comedies Something Borrowed, The Twelve Date of Christmas, and Love on Cue. She lives in Pennsylvania.
More about Catherine Hapka...
Something Borrowed Love on Cue At First Sight Pardon My French The Twelve Dates of Christmas (Simon Romantic Comedies)