Start by marking “The Greatest White Trash Love Story Ever Told” as Want to Read:
The Greatest White Trash Love Story Ever Told

The Greatest White Trash Love Story Ever Told

2.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  111 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
"The Greatest White Trash Love Story Ever Told" is the story of a white trash man who loved a white trash woman with all his heart. It is the first of The White Trash Chronicles. Also included are "A War Story" and "The Key to the City."
Published August 1st 2005 by Sparkling Bay Books

To ask other readers questions about The Greatest White Trash Love Story Ever Told, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Greatest White Trash Love Story Ever Told

Meen
Dec 13, 2008 Meen rated it liked it
Recommended to Meen by: The $1 clearance shelf at Page & Palette
Shelves: own-it, fiction
The title! My people! How could I resist?! (OK, and it was on clearance for $1.)

Final Update: It's been many years since I had Comp II, but I think the first story is an allegory, a Christian allegory: The male lead character is Ben ("son of") Carpenter who loves Terra Peoples (people of the Earth, yeah?) consistently and wholly over the course of their entire crazy lives in which she continually rejects him and falls deeper and deeper into willful and injurious debauchery. I won't tell you how
Megan
Aug 14, 2009 Megan rated it liked it
I thought this was a fun read. A longer short story and then 2 shorter stories are included. The main story was interesting in that its all about the lives of southern white trash which is not unlike Washington State white trash. I feel like I've met these people before. So although there were some great points in the book and the characters were interesting, I don't think the author quite has his style down yet. He did still have me laughing at some points though. A just for fun book you can de ...more
Karima
Jun 25, 2008 Karima rated it liked it
Recommends it for: social optimists
Shelves: previouslyread
This book is a VERY EASY read. Just 105 pages. Three stories. No clutter. Lots of good southern wisdom like "....she took to ___________ like a bulldog takes to a fight with a poodle."
What I especially liked about this book (esp. the last story called "The Key To The City,")is that it brings to light how seemingly meaningless adjustments to ones'life/community/attitude can and does have profound effects on ones' life/community...the whole wide world even.
I'm going to check more out that this guy
Savvy
Jun 10, 2008 Savvy rated it really liked it
Terra Peoples is the schoolyard beauty...she is also a mean-spirited bully who knows how to get what she wants!
When Benny Carpenter first lays his eyes on Terra Peoples....it's love at first sight and he's a goner!

A quick and delightfully surprising novel of sassy originality!

This story will resonate long after the shocking ending.
What do we know about true love and where can one find it ?

Rhett Ellis is a natural born story teller and this quirky little read will have you laughing and cryin
Jae
Dec 15, 2009 Jae rated it it was ok
This book was alright, but I was a little disappointed. I'd heard that it's hilarious, but it's not very funny. I laughed, but not that much. This is the kind of book that you read and think, "Heck, I can do this!" It's very simply written and the story isn't that special. It's A Hundred Years of Solitude if it had taken place in Arkansas and was written by Stephanie Myer on the back of a credit card slip.
Nicole
Dec 17, 2015 Nicole rated it liked it
So much potential. I feel like the main story stayed too shallow. More white trash, more crazy, more pain, more redemption and this really would have been great.
Amy
Sep 09, 2010 Amy rated it it was ok
I really liked this guy's writing style, but wasn't that impressed with the story. I definitely think that this author has potential, and he does have some interesting ideas.
Cathy
Jul 31, 2009 Cathy rated it did not like it
Awful! The only thing that kept me reading this book was that it was only a 100 pages long. Not worth your time.
Owen
Sep 19, 2007 Owen rated it it was ok
i read this in one sitting, mostly because it is short, but also because it is interesting enough.
Kathy
Aug 22, 2008 Kathy rated it it was ok
The name of this book totally cracked me up! And that's what it's mostly about....humor. :-)
Nicole
Aug 17, 2015 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: not-at-htfl
Ho-hum. The characters seemed very superficial and generic. Nothing to write home about.
The Girl Who Tried Everything
cute story read it purely because of the title, but was quick enjoyable read.
Kim
Jul 16, 2009 Kim rated it did not like it
I hated this. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.
Emily Johnson
Nov 20, 2013 Emily Johnson rated it it was ok
Read it because of the title but wasn't impressed by the story.
Christina
Dec 19, 2011 Christina rated it liked it
Shelves: lit-fiction
Really cute and short book. I thought it was really funny as well.
Kelly
Jan 22, 2010 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Borrowed from Gina. It's hilarious so far. So my thing.
Tina
Jan 12, 2008 Tina rated it did not like it
The religious undertones are BAD. This book is BAD.
Krystal
Jan 11, 2008 Krystal rated it did not like it
Recommended to Krystal by: Kruse book club
Okay. White trash is very true.
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Genia
Genia marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Reena Barton
Reena Barton marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Tyler
Tyler added it
Oct 05, 2015
Dee Jordan
Dee Jordan rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Laura rated it did not like it
Aug 18, 2015
Donna Penick
Donna Penick rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Sheila
Sheila added it
May 03, 2015
Lynsley Smith
Lynsley Smith rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2015