The Greatest White Trash Love Story Ever Told

The Greatest White Trash Love Story Ever Told

2.6 of 5 stars 2.60  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"The Greatest White Trash Love Story Ever Told" is the story of a white trash man who loved a white trash woman with all his heart. It is the first of The White Trash Chronicles. Also included are "A War Story" and "The Key to the City."
Published August 1st 2005 by Sparkling Bay Books

Meen
Dec 13, 2008 Meen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Meen by: The $1 clearance shelf at Page & Palette
Shelves: fiction, own-it
The title! My people! How could I resist?! (OK, and it was on clearance for $1.)

Final Update: It's been many years since I had Comp II, but I think the first story is an allegory, a Christian allegory: The male lead character is Ben ("son of") Carpenter who loves Terra Peoples (people of the Earth, yeah?) consistently and wholly over the course of their entire crazy lives in which she continually rejects him and falls deeper and deeper into willful and injurious debauchery. I won't tell you how...more
Karima
Jun 25, 2008 Karima rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: social optimists
Shelves: previouslyread
This book is a VERY EASY read. Just 105 pages. Three stories. No clutter. Lots of good southern wisdom like "....she took to ___________ like a bulldog takes to a fight with a poodle."
What I especially liked about this book (esp. the last story called "The Key To The City,")is that it brings to light how seemingly meaningless adjustments to ones'life/community/attitude can and does have profound effects on ones' life/community...the whole wide world even.
I'm going to check more out that this guy...more
Megan
I thought this was a fun read. A longer short story and then 2 shorter stories are included. The main story was interesting in that its all about the lives of southern white trash which is not unlike Washington State white trash. I feel like I've met these people before. So although there were some great points in the book and the characters were interesting, I don't think the author quite has his style down yet. He did still have me laughing at some points though. A just for fun book you can de...more
Savvy
Terra Peoples is the schoolyard beauty...she is also a mean-spirited bully who knows how to get what she wants!
When Benny Carpenter first lays his eyes on Terra Peoples....it's love at first sight and he's a goner!

A quick and delightfully surprising novel of sassy originality!

This story will resonate long after the shocking ending.
What do we know about true love and where can one find it ?

Rhett Ellis is a natural born story teller and this quirky little read will have you laughing and cryin...more
Jae
This book was alright, but I was a little disappointed. I'd heard that it's hilarious, but it's not very funny. I laughed, but not that much. This is the kind of book that you read and think, "Heck, I can do this!" It's very simply written and the story isn't that special. It's A Hundred Years of Solitude if it had taken place in Arkansas and was written by Stephanie Myer on the back of a credit card slip.
Amy
I really liked this guy's writing style, but wasn't that impressed with the story. I definitely think that this author has potential, and he does have some interesting ideas.
Cathy
Awful! The only thing that kept me reading this book was that it was only a 100 pages long. Not worth your time.
Owen
i read this in one sitting, mostly because it is short, but also because it is interesting enough.
Kathy
The name of this book totally cracked me up! And that's what it's mostly about....humor. :-)
The Girl Who Tried Everything
cute story read it purely because of the title, but was quick enjoyable read.
Kim
I hated this. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.
Emily Johnson
Read it because of the title but wasn't impressed by the story.
Christina
Really cute and short book. I thought it was really funny as well.
Kelly
Borrowed from Gina. It's hilarious so far. So my thing.
Tina
The religious undertones are BAD. This book is BAD.
Krystal
Jan 11, 2008 Krystal rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to Krystal by: Kruse book club
Okay. White trash is very true.
Pam
Pam is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2014
hannah
hannah marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Jan 22, 2014
Chippy
Chippy marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
How I Fell in Love with a Librarian and Lived to Tell About it Castle of Wisdom The Wisdom Of Shepherds The Strongest Defense Of Christianity The Weight of Feeling