Start by marking “On the Run” as Want to Read:
On the Run

On the Run

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  468 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Young Nathan, an elder in the Mormon Church, is aided in his escape from murderous drug runners by a beautiful Lakota Sioux girl who teaches him about her people as he shares the gospel with her.
Published March 1st 1995 by Deseret Book Co

To ask other readers questions about On the Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Run

Susan
This was a quick read with a little excitement. It's about Nathan who, as he gets on board the plane to fly home from his mission, gets entrapped by an FBI agent who has evidence that the head of the FBI in Seattle is into drug smuggling. A girl Nathan sits by on the plane helps him escape to her reservation in South Dakota. He finds out how Indians are treated by the white people. They also fall in love.

Wasn't my favorite Weyland novel.
Heidi
The family got this one for Christmas. I was so excited to read one of his new books. But I ended up thinking the book quite weird. And I didn't agree with some of the things in the book. It went against my grain. Perhaps this was good, because it pretty much ended my Weyland fascination. It had provided its good, but I didn't need any more damage. I would soon embark on years of repairing that wreckage.
Susan
The real excitement of the book is the fact that Elder Nathan Williams is on his way home from his mission when he gets caught up with Gibbs, an FBI agent. Not only is he not going to meet with his stake president to get released, but Jessica Red Willow becomes his lifeline to staying alive until he can go home. How is he going to keep her at arm's length?
Melissa
A friend gave me this to read as something quick and light... it is going quickly, but I'm also remembering why I haven't read any of Jack Weyland's stuff in a loooooooong time!! :)

Update: Yeah... just didn't like this one. Quick, easy read, but not anything amazing. It was okay.
Kaitlyn
it is so good it was the first book that I had ever completely finshed it was the one that got me hooked on reading. it is about a boy that is coming home from his mission and get enteind in a crime and meets a girl named jessica and they go on the run.
Rachel
Not my favorite Jack weyland book. I didn't really fall in love with the characters and wouldn't have made the choses they made. Having said that it was a quick light read that still held my attention.
Ginger
I think it is fun to have the main character in the story be about a guy just getting off his mission instead of the usually teen age girl that he usually writes about. I love the plot of this one.
Ashley
I remember LOVING this book when I first read it. I didn't hate it or get too bored this time through, but it was more of a read it because it was there and not because I was enjoying it read.
Nikki
I love this book! When I first started reading it I never wanted to put it down. I love how the book ends and especially how it starts! I wish it could have been longer though:(
lexi
Jen
May 23, 2008 Jen added it
Shelves: i-own-it
Story of a missionary on the way home who finds an adventure before he makes it home.
Dorian
Another typical Jack Weyland book with an FBI and American Indian twist.
Jessi Epley
Pretty good. Would be interested in reading more books from this author.
Lani
Indian (interracial couples, missionary work)
Erin
Erin added it
Nov 21, 2014
Laura Moss
Laura Moss marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Misty Thompson
Misty Thompson marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Tom Robertson
Tom Robertson marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Nicky Valenzuela
Nicky Valenzuela marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
  • Tomorrow and Always
  • When Hearts Meet
  • A Forever Love
  • Angel on Vacation
  • Coming Home (Home Trilogy, #3)
Jack Weyland is the best-selling author of young-adult fiction for the Latter-day Saint market. In fact, the modern genre of Latter-day Saint-themed popular fiction is one he is largely responsible for creating with his overwhelmingly popular novel Charly. His interest in fiction began with a correspondence course in creative writing taken during a summer at BYU where he was doing research work. S ...more
More about Jack Weyland...
Charly Sam Michelle & Debra Stephanie Sara, Whenever I Hear Your Name