Start by marking “Lean on Me” as Want to Read:
Lean on Me

Lean on Me

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  863 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Five Mormon teenagers form an a cappella singing group in their senior year of high school and help each other deal with family problems, moral dilemmas, and changing personal relationships.
Unknown Binding, 279 pages
Published January 1st 1996 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Lean on Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lean on Me

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
189th out of 499 books — 443 voters
Fablehaven by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HaleGrip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon MullRise of the Evening Star by Brandon MullSecrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull
Best of LDS Fiction
170th out of 272 books — 252 voters

More lists with this book...

Siera
Apr 11, 2009 Siera rated it really liked it
This was actually really good! I love the way it's all a flash back and then goes back to the present where the problem is finally resolved! Great, and I'm impressed with all of his books. It made me not expect the ending - at all. Not many books take me by surprise, especially when they've made it seem predictable for the rest of the book ... seriously, you'll just have to read it.
Amber
Jan 07, 2009 Amber rated it it was amazing
I was totally into Jack Weyland when I was in Jr. High. They are great teen books. I liked them. This is my favorit one (one of the girls name is Amber :)) It is High School kids that are in a singing group. It is fun totally cheesy but fun.
Heidi
Feb 23, 2008 Heidi rated it really liked it
I liked this Weyland because there was a larger group of main characters. I would have loved to have such a group of friends during my high school years. And again I took with me a few lessons from the book.
Shelleen
Nov 12, 2009 Shelleen rated it liked it
Shelves: lds
I liked this book but it seemed to be more like a compliation of past charachters written together rather than an orignal story. So in a way I felt cheated out of a new story when I read it.
Kelly
Jul 23, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
Another staple from my growing years. We had this book on tape and I listened to it lots-- it's about a singing group and a best-friend romance. What's not to love?
Krissy
Oct 08, 2007 Krissy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adolescents
You really would need to be LDS to have a grasp on the culture, but the morals presented are great for anyone. As a teenager bursting with sensibility, I loved it. :)
Kurtionna
this bool was sensational. it makes you want to keep reading even when you have something to do at the momment. very diffrent people in it than the book.
Allison
Jul 05, 2008 Allison rated it really liked it
Okay so I ran out of books and I had a day at the pool to read. I went to my bookshelf and pulled this goody out.I mean who doesn't love Jack Weyland books?
Ashlee Andersen
Apr 25, 2009 Ashlee Andersen rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I read it back in high school about 8 years ago I guess. It actually came with a CD and I listened to it over and over.
Aug 18, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! It was a fast read, but a great one. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, oh, such a cute, great book!! :)
Camilla
Jan 23, 2011 Camilla rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!! It was so cute and it made me want to start a Capella group!!! Anyone and everyone should read this book.
Michelle
Oct 16, 2010 Michelle rated it liked it
I don't know if I liked how this turned out, but I thought this novel was a bit higher-notch than many other of his novels.
Katie
Jun 27, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! My mom surprised me with it when I was a teenager, I loved Jack Weyland books and she had him sign it.
Amber
Jul 18, 2008 Amber rated it it was amazing
I have read this and a lot of other Jack Weyland books and have enjoyed all of them
Mike
May 30, 2008 Mike added it
if you have ever sung accapella, you will love this book! lol
Heidi
Feb 27, 2012 Heidi rated it really liked it
Pretty good book. Makes me envious of friends like this.
Becca
Feb 06, 2008 Becca rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
A cheesy Jack Weyland book - but I still like them :)
Jenn
Jan 14, 2008 Jenn rated it it was amazing
I love Jack Weyland and this was one of my favorite books.
Marissa
Mar 24, 2009 Marissa rated it it was amazing
This a really good book about trust and FRIENDSHIP
Shaina
Jan 01, 2009 Shaina rated it it was amazing
Another favorite of Jack Weyland's books.
Tina
Apr 02, 2008 Tina rated it liked it
cute book, came with a cd of the actual group.
Jenna
Aug 02, 2010 Jenna rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, lds
Not Jack Weyland's best but I liked it.
Macey
Jul 08, 2008 Macey rated it it was amazing
My favorite Jack Weyland book!
Amelia Hawkins
One of Jack Weyland's better books.
Julia
I love this book!!!!
Katie
Sep 17, 2011 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, church
Fun and entertaining read.
Athena
Sep 15, 2008 Athena rated it liked it
I have this on cassette.
Rachel
Dec 13, 2008 Rachel added it
good reading
Liza
Apr 12, 2011 Liza rated it liked it
The end was a hoot!
  • Kate's Turn
  • When Forever Comes (Trevor Family Saga, #3)
  • The Emerald (The Bracelet Series, #2)
  • Ariana: A New Beginning (Ariana, #3)
  • Angels Don't Knock!
  • Love After All  (Yesterday's Love, #2)
Jack Weyland is the best-selling author of young-adult fiction for the Latter-day Saint market. In fact, the modern genre of Latter-day Saint-themed popular fiction is one he is largely responsible for creating with his overwhelmingly popular novel Charly. His interest in fiction began with a correspondence course in creative writing taken during a summer at BYU where he was doing research work. S ...more
More about Jack Weyland...