Lean on Me

Lean on Me

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  777 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Five Mormon teenagers form an a cappella singing group in their senior year of high school and help each other deal with family problems, moral dilemmas, and changing personal relationships.
Published October 1st 1996 by Deseret Book Co

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
175th out of 455 books — 399 voters
Fablehaven by Brandon MullGrip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon MullRise of the Evening Star by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HaleSecrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull
Best of LDS Fiction
223rd out of 230 books — 228 voters

More lists with this book...

Siera
This was actually really good! I love the way it's all a flash back and then goes back to the present where the problem is finally resolved! Great, and I'm impressed with all of his books. It made me not expect the ending - at all. Not many books take me by surprise, especially when they've made it seem predictable for the rest of the book ... seriously, you'll just have to read it.
Amber
I was totally into Jack Weyland when I was in Jr. High. They are great teen books. I liked them. This is my favorit one (one of the girls name is Amber :)) It is High School kids that are in a singing group. It is fun totally cheesy but fun.
Heidi
I liked this Weyland because there was a larger group of main characters. I would have loved to have such a group of friends during my high school years. And again I took with me a few lessons from the book.
Shelleen
I liked this book but it seemed to be more like a compliation of past charachters written together rather than an orignal story. So in a way I felt cheated out of a new story when I read it.
Kelly
Another staple from my growing years. We had this book on tape and I listened to it lots-- it's about a singing group and a best-friend romance. What's not to love?
Krissy
Oct 08, 2007 Krissy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adolescents
You really would need to be LDS to have a grasp on the culture, but the morals presented are great for anyone. As a teenager bursting with sensibility, I loved it. :)
Kurtionna
this bool was sensational. it makes you want to keep reading even when you have something to do at the momment. very diffrent people in it than the book.
Allison
Okay so I ran out of books and I had a day at the pool to read. I went to my bookshelf and pulled this goody out.I mean who doesn't love Jack Weyland books?
Ashlee Andersen
I loved this book. I read it back in high school about 8 years ago I guess. It actually came with a CD and I listened to it over and over.
I loved this book!! It was a fast read, but a great one. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, oh, such a cute, great book!! :)
Camilla
I loved this book!!!! It was so cute and it made me want to start a Capella group!!! Anyone and everyone should read this book.
Michelle
I don't know if I liked how this turned out, but I thought this novel was a bit higher-notch than many other of his novels.
Katie
I loved this book! My mom surprised me with it when I was a teenager, I loved Jack Weyland books and she had him sign it.
Amber
I have read this and a lot of other Jack Weyland books and have enjoyed all of them
Mike
May 30, 2008 Mike added it
if you have ever sung accapella, you will love this book! lol
Heidi
Pretty good book. Makes me envious of friends like this.
Becca
A cheesy Jack Weyland book - but I still like them :)
Jenn
I love Jack Weyland and this was one of my favorite books.
Marissa
This a really good book about trust and FRIENDSHIP
Shaina
Another favorite of Jack Weyland's books.
Tina
cute book, came with a cd of the actual group.
Jenna
Not Jack Weyland's best but I liked it.
Macey
My favorite Jack Weyland book!
Amelia Hawkins
One of Jack Weyland's better books.
Julia
Fun read for LDS Youth.
Ashley
I love this book!!!!
Katie
Fun and entertaining read.
Athena
I have this on cassette.
Rachel
Dec 13, 2008 Rachel added it
good reading
Liza
The end was a hoot!
  • Kate's Turn
  • Now and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #6)
  • Ariana: A New Beginning (Ariana, #3)
  • A Forever Love
  • Journey Home
Jack Weyland is the best-selling author of young-adult fiction for the Latter-day Saint market. In fact, the modern genre of Latter-day Saint-themed popular fiction is one he is largely responsible for creating with his overwhelmingly popular novel Charly. His interest in fiction began with a correspondence course in creative writing taken during a summer at BYU where he was doing research work. S...more
More about Jack Weyland...
Charly Sam Michelle & Debra Stephanie Sara, Whenever I Hear Your Name