Start by marking “Nicole” as Want to Read:
Nicole

Nicole

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  1,232 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Because he is attracted to Nicole Stegman, a musician in the pep band, Josh Dutton, high school basketball star, befriends her mentally handicapped brother, who helps Josh learn to see people differently just as Josh helps Nicole and her family renew their Mormon faith.
Unknown Binding, 196 pages
Published January 1st 1993 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Nicole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nicole

Kelsie Gause
I've always wanted to be a Special Education teacher, and when I read this book, I got a different perspective on Special Needs children. I knew that they were always happy, no matter what; but I never realized that they are even happy when people are mean to them. They don't quite understand the meaning of being "mean". They are not "retarded", as some people call them, they are only slower than the rest of us.
I never realized that members of the church could have that kind of an attitude towar
Megan
I read this so long ago that I don't remember much about it but I remember I enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. I might have to pick it up again and see if I still enjoy it.
Staci
remember these books? great to read while a young adult but couldn't get back into them as an adult mother with kids!
Danielle
A very, very touching book. One of my absolute favorites of Jack Weyland.
Rhonda Stuart
I have loved Jack Weylands Charly, Sam, and Adam books for a long time and have read them several times. I have to say though I have not read many other books by Jack Weyland. My daughter Nicole saw this on the shelf and wanted to listen to it so we brought it home. It is a pretty good book. I still have to admit I love the story of Charly it just speaks to me somehow.
Alysha Speer
The story starts out with a boy named Josh, who goes to a hotel to buy a drink for him and his fellow basketball players. Then as Nichole stops him, they have 'a first date'.
Josh tries to get to know Nichole better, but Nichole doesn't believe in him. She has a special needs brother and is not sure Josh could get used to him.
Finally Josh meets Nichole's brother. And they get along. Nichole and Josh fall in love. Josh goes on a mission, and during his mission Nichole's brother dies.
Nichole begs
Siera
This was a great book. I love the way Jack Weyland has so many books about ... reality. I like how each one explores situations that, on the other side, people don't really think about, or they do think about but in a negative way. I loved Richard and everything he brought to the story, and I liked the fact that the reactions to him varied from instant love and appreciation to teasing and hurtful behavior to an uncertainty of quite how to respond. I liked the relationship between the two teenage ...more
Teresa
I own the cassettes so also my second time. I grew up on Jack Weyland and remember my sisters having his books so I thought it would be fun to read some of his books again although they're mostly for a younger audience. It was entertaining to listen to the drama and comedy of LDS characters while I clean and his books usually have the "feel good"ness in them that makes them light while still having character depths.
Katie
I read this book so long ago that I can hardly even remember what it's about! If you asked me for a summary, I wouldn't be able to even tell you what it's about! Haha, but I just remember that I LOVED this book and had a hard time putting it down, wanting to know where it all was headed :) Cute love story.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I loved quite a few of Jack Weyland's books and enjoyed reading them a few years ago. I discovered a book by him that I hadn't already read and decided to read it. However,for some reason I just really didn't like this book all that much. I just couldn't get into it.
Heidi
Megan
I got this as a book on cd and I believe I had the abridged version. It was fun to listen to as I did stuff around the house. It was entertaining and fun sappy LDS love story. Nice and fluffy, short read. Fairly good,
Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~
3.5 stars.
I liked this one, and I loved the message, but it's not my favorite of his books. Still an amazing read, though!
Monna
FANTASTIC!!! This one I actually listened to on a cd in the car. I love Jack Weylands books. I am getting ready volunteer for Special Olympics in 2009 and Richard, one of the characters in this book, really touched my heart.
Harlee
I love how in this story a band geek and a sports star can have a relationship. I love how they had to overcome challenges together and alone. I also appreciate that the author made a happy ending.
Nicolle
I have read this once before in High school. It is pretty good for this type of book. I am in a reading mood lately but don't have any books so I am re-reading what I do have.
Brooke romney
We listened to this and it was okay. Nothing fatastic, but if you have a middle school daughter, it was a nice listen on a long drive. Always a good message at the end.
Kari
More of a young adult novel; it was a quick read. Though, I did get a few chuckles out of it. Definitely not life-changing, but a cute story nonetheless.
Jennieblaser
Read these silly teen books late at night when I couldn't sleep. Good for no-brainers. Not good for much else, but I remember loving them as a teenager.
Sheralyn
Yes, like most young women of the 80's and 90s I have read this one. I think I only got thru two of Jack's books before I became bored. They were all the same.
Kelsey
This is a very good book, although it is pretty sad (I amlost cried!) It has a very good message. Jack Weyland is a great author.
Deborah Berberi
cheesy but good. :)about a band girl and jock basketball player guy. (a teenage romance novel...with nothing bad).
Nancy
I listened to this book a long time ago. I am now revisiting it. It's a good story. It's just a nice book.
Tina
This was an easy "feel good" read. Everything seemed to fall in place way too easy though.
Michelle
Very quick read. I like how he writes though. The story is fast moving and I like the characters.
Lynn
I love anything Jack Weyland writes. It is good young adult romance novel. Loved it.
Emily
Formulaic and dull. There's a cheesy feel-goodness to it that could be appealing.
Grandma
A good example of how to treat other people, especially the mentally disabled.
Sally
This was a disappointment for me. I usually enjoy his books.
  • First Love, Second Chances (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #5)
  • Macady
  • Ariana: A New Beginning (Ariana, #3)
  • Pearls and Peril (Gems and Espionage, #2)
  • An Enduring Love
Jack Weyland is the best-selling author of young-adult fiction for the Latter-day Saint market. In fact, the modern genre of Latter-day Saint-themed popular fiction is one he is largely responsible for creating with his overwhelmingly popular novel Charly. His interest in fiction began with a correspondence course in creative writing taken during a summer at BYU where he was doing research work. S ...more
More about Jack Weyland...
Charly Sam Michelle & Debra Stephanie Sara, Whenever I Hear Your Name