Start by marking “Brenda at the Prom” as Want to Read:

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  758 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Kade Ellis has a problem. Every day he rides to early-morning seminary and high school with Brenda Sloan, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen - but she's two years older than he, and juniors just don't date freshmen. Captivated by her looks, he secretly draws portraits of her and hides them in the Monopoly box on the closet shelf. How can he convince her that at nearl ...more
Published August 1st 1988 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Brenda at the Prom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brenda at the Prom

Shelby Ellsworth
Feb 15, 2016 Shelby Ellsworth added it
Shelves: 1-10
Brenda at the Prom
Kade rides to seminary everyday with the pretiest girl in school, Brenda. He knows that she will never like him because she is two years older than her. Though captivated by her beauty he draws sketches of her often and hides them. To make matters more difficult Kade’s dad, a loan officer, has to foreclose Brenda’s farm. Kade doesn’t think she evens wants to be friends anymore.
This book is not one that you’d read in class; it’s a LDS book. I enjoyed reading it because it’s
Sara
Mar 25, 2008 Sara rated it liked it
I loved this book as an early teen. Very good LDS-youth fiction.
Shelleen
Nov 12, 2009 Shelleen rated it it was ok
Shelves: lds
Not one of his better ones but Weyland era it was.
Kathryn
Mar 03, 2011 Kathryn rated it liked it
Shaylee M
Sep 06, 2011 Shaylee M rated it liked it
Kim
Nov 15, 2015 Kim added it
I liled this story. Not only was it interesting to read, it made me really think about the difficulties of growing up and never feeling like people treated me like an adult as soon as I wanted them to. I feel like the author really tried to connect with his readers in this book to take them back into that awkward period in their childhood. Overall a great book.
Jen Jenson
Jun 14, 2015 Jen Jenson rated it it was ok
When I read this book... I was 16.

Honestly, I don't even remember it...

I found a list of books I read in 1997, I wanted to add them onto Goodreads.
Katharyn
Jul 28, 2014 Katharyn rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this little find I found while searching through my mom's books!!
Jenny Magno
Dec 04, 2011 Jenny Magno rated it it was amazing
My mind was settled on tenterhooks that Kade and Brenda would be confessing that they love each other at the end of the story and their friendship would grow as what I am expecting from them. It really saddened me since I knew that Brenda caught the eyes of Kade that’s why he’s madly in love w/ her and he believes that she’s the girl who perfectly fits for him despite the gap between their age. But it turned out to be the farthest their relationship could be was just being good friends to each o ...more
Sarah Southerland
Jul 13, 2015 Sarah Southerland rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Not my most favorite Jack Weyland book but still an entertaining read.
Rylee
Jun 09, 2016 Rylee added it
This book was amazing in speaking the words: "Age doesn't matter!"
Brenda
May 20, 2016 Brenda rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book of teenage challenges in a small town.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I remember reading this book and remember thinking that it was an okay read, but definitely not my favorite. Other than that I don't really rmember much about it. So I guess it was an okay book. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't overly fond of it.
Katie
Sep 10, 2008 Katie rated it liked it
I seem to remember enjoying this book, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was about. I guess it's been awhile since I've read it...Obviously it made a great impact on me. ;-)
Tiffany
Aug 05, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Brenda at the Prom was a touching story. I would suggest that anyone who wants an easy read, anyone who wants to read a book fast, to read this book. It was a very cute love story.
Angie
Oct 28, 2009 Angie rated it liked it
I read this book as a teenager...I don't really remember it, so it must not have made a lasting impression, but I don't remember hating it, so it gets three stars.
Andres
May 30, 2010 Andres rated it really liked it
I really like it. It reminded me of Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. The book seemed to me more about life and growing up.
bballgirlval
Aug 21, 2009 bballgirlval rated it liked it
this book is AWESOME!!!I haven't read it for a while, but i love it!!! you SHOULD read it!!!
Annee
Dec 18, 2010 Annee rated it liked it
Shelves: own
My mom told me to read this book and I didn't think I would enjoy but I actually did!
Lani
Oct 15, 2013 Lani rated it it was amazing
non-mormon school, few in HS living the standards,
Samc
Aug 26, 2008 Samc rated it liked it
i don't want to do a review on this book right now.
Holli
Jul 21, 2009 Holli rated it really liked it
my favorite of his so far!!! =)
Lynn
Jun 21, 2008 Lynn rated it really liked it
I read this as a teenager and loved it.
Cassie Miller
May 27, 2009 Cassie Miller rated it liked it
Pretty good book.
Megan Cannon
Megan Cannon rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Haley Gish
Haley Gish rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Tauna Stowell
Tauna Stowell rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Martha Arnold
Martha Arnold marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Suzanne Williams
Suzanne Williams rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
  • Framed for Love
  • The River Path
  • The Bishop's Bride
  • When Forever Comes (Trevor Family Saga, #3)
  • Secrets
  • Daniel and Nephi
  • Into the Light (sequel to Out of Darkness)
  • The Perfect Fit (Butterfly Box, #3)
  • Molly Mormon
  • The Baseball Box Prophecy
Jack Weyland is the best-selling author of young-adult fiction for the Latter-day Saint market. In fact, the modern genre of Latter-day Saint-themed popular fiction is one he is largely responsible for creating with his overwhelmingly popular novel Charly. His interest in fiction began with a correspondence course in creative writing taken during a summer at BYU where he was doing research work. S ...more
More about Jack Weyland...