Flowers of Fire

Flowers of Fire

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
From the Irish revolution to the American Civil War, from the slave plantations of the South Seas to the Wild West, this sweeping love story follows the tumultuous life of a strong-willed woman and the two men who engulfed her in their passion and fought for her love.

RAVENA -- the stunningly beautiful woman who is torn between twin brothers, one whom she hates and detests...more
Published May 9th 1977 by Playboy Press (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Flowers of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flowers of Fire

Christina ~ Brunette Reader
Consider my following words more as a WARNING than a proper review for THIS IS NOT A ROMANCE by any stretch and don't let that Gone with the Wind-ish cover fool you, no southern belles or gentlemen here.

description

If I'd promise you: Ireland, Civil War, Hawaii, a raven-hair beauty and a brawny irish rebel, you'd be tripping over each other to get on the boat, right? Well, you can spare yourselves the trouble.
The writing is extremely pedantic and redundant, the historical info-dumping is drunken-stupor indu...more
2.5 stars. If the book had ended on Hawaii, I'd have rounded up for a goofy entertainment factor -- but that last third really lost my interest.

Flowers of Fire is a slap-dash mess of a book that occasionally veers into bodice ripper territory. Sometimes an absurd clash of WTFery works (see: Pleasure's Daughter), but other times it completely wrecks any connection with the story. Unfortunately, this book falls into the latter category. While it has the bare bones of a sweeping epic, the characte...more
Karla (Mossy Love Grotto)
First off, Stephanie Blake is a dude, and I had my suspicions early on when the heroine's POV just wasn't ringing true. Turns out I was right. "Stephanie Blake" is Jack Pearl. Pearl is an average author. Very average, in fact. The average side of average. And because Blake/Pearl didn't put much effort into this book, I'll be lazy and steal a friend's review format:

The Girl - Ravena Wilding is the George Sand-imitating, ultra-feminist daughter of an Irish lord who likes to ride astride in her pan...more
Jennefer
The back cover of this book would lead you to believe this is a love triangle romance about twin brothers one good and one a bit more sinister both competing for the love of one woman. Well let me tell ya, that is not what this book was about! As a matter of fact I almost wonder if the character of Ravina was an after thought for the author. Felt like she was always in the way of what was really going on. This book is historical fiction about the struggles that tore families apart during the Iri...more
Sara
Sara added it
Mar 28, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Kellie Fike
Kellie Fike is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2013
Don Wright
Don Wright marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
Cassondra
Cassondra is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2012
Sher
Sher marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2011
Saori
Saori marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2011
Judy
Judy added it
Aug 27, 2011
Pen name used by authors Jack Pearl and Donald Bain

More about Stephanie Blake...
Bride of the Wind Blaze of Passion Secret Sins Fires of the Heart So Wicked My Desire