The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World

The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. The Colossus of Rhodes. The Great Pyra-mid at Giza. For centuries these names have inspired wonder and mystery. They are but three of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Most of these masterpieces of human achievement have long since crumbled into dust. But their legacy survives, and these triumphs of human vision, architecture, and crea...more
Published March 1st 2002 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World

Marsha
I use a variation of the clock appointments with students in my 6th grade social studies class. The 7 Most Wonderful Appointments!!! which I found in the History Alive curriculum. When I asked them to go to the Colossus of Rhodes partner, I realized they had no idea what or who this was. I had a general sense, but no details.

So I found this book. It is my intention to read the brief entry for each wonder as we "use" that appointment partner. So we started with our Colossus of Rhodes partner acti...more
Yogi
Excellent illustrations and interesting writing bring kids and adults into the ancient world's architecture and culture. Very well done. Undoubtedly, it would be a bit boring for some kids. However, for those interested in archeology, history, and big/cool structures, this will be a beloved book. I wish this had been around when I was a child.
Holden Attradies
A really solid non-fiction kids book. The illustrations were really good and the book didn't "talk down" to children at all, something that I always appreciate. It was incredibly informative, and there were even some things I learned from it (especially about the hanging gardens).
Theresa
beautiful pictures and explination of the historical references and aspects of those seven wonders first identifies in history, and how they survived or were distroyed over the ages leaving only the great pyramid as the sole remnate
Graceann Jacobson
I loved the information it taught. It was very informative but not overdone and so long that you lose interest. There is a picture in the back that shows the different wonders to scale, compared to each other. It gave a great perspective!
Jeffrey Ellsworth
The book had a full page of text on one side of the page and a full page picture on the other. The facts about the 7 ancient wonders were pretty interesting. I thought the book was still a little too text heavy.
Jenny
Very interesting read. I read this book to my oldest son Houston. I didn't know what the 7 wonders of the ancient world was. The only one ancient wonder still standing is The Great Pyramid At Giza.
Megan
Fairly dry but informative text along with illustrations of the seven wonders.
Christian
Wonderful illustrations.
Tweller83
Good book.
Lisa Gray
Lisa Gray marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Victrolla93
Victrolla93 marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Mono Sacharide
Mono Sacharide marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Yubaraj
Yubaraj marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Molly
Molly added it
May 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Brooklyn Bridge Mythological Creatures: A Classical Bestiary Rushmore Liberty Skyscraper