Start by marking “The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World” as Want to Read:
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World

The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. The Colossus of Rhodes. The Great Pyra-mid at Giza. For centuries these names have inspired wonder and mystery. They are but three of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Most of these masterpieces of human achievement have long since crumbled into dust. But their legacy survives, and these triumphs of human vision, architecture, and crea ...more
Published March 1st 2002 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World

Marsha
I use a variation of the clock appointments with students in my 6th grade social studies class. The 7 Most Wonderful Appointments!!! which I found in the History Alive curriculum. When I asked them to go to the Colossus of Rhodes partner, I realized they had no idea what or who this was. I had a general sense, but no details.

So I found this book. It is my intention to read the brief entry for each wonder as we "use" that appointment partner. So we started with our Colossus of Rhodes partner acti
Whole And
A rich resource on the seven wonders of the ancient world, articulated beautiful and with wonderful references to ancient writers, poets and sculptures. These references provide the foundation for further research into the time periods and their incredible works
Yogi
Excellent illustrations and interesting writing bring kids and adults into the ancient world's architecture and culture. Very well done. Undoubtedly, it would be a bit boring for some kids. However, for those interested in archeology, history, and big/cool structures, this will be a beloved book. I wish this had been around when I was a child.
Holden Attradies
A really solid non-fiction kids book. The illustrations were really good and the book didn't "talk down" to children at all, something that I always appreciate. It was incredibly informative, and there were even some things I learned from it (especially about the hanging gardens).
Theresa
beautiful pictures and explination of the historical references and aspects of those seven wonders first identifies in history, and how they survived or were distroyed over the ages leaving only the great pyramid as the sole remnate
Graceann Jacobson
I loved the information it taught. It was very informative but not overdone and so long that you lose interest. There is a picture in the back that shows the different wonders to scale, compared to each other. It gave a great perspective!
Jeffrey Ellsworth
The book had a full page of text on one side of the page and a full page picture on the other. The facts about the 7 ancient wonders were pretty interesting. I thought the book was still a little too text heavy.
Jenny
Very interesting read. I read this book to my oldest son Houston. I didn't know what the 7 wonders of the ancient world was. The only one ancient wonder still standing is The Great Pyramid At Giza.
Megan
Fairly dry but informative text along with illustrations of the seven wonders.
Christian
Wonderful illustrations.
Tweller83
Good book.
Nw
Nw added it
Jun 16, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Maribel Nuñez
Maribel Nuñez marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Jaycen
Jaycen marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Kristy Corbitt
Kristy Corbitt marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Paresh Soni
Paresh Soni marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Nonso
Nonso marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
TheRenegadeRainbow
TheRenegadeRainbow marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Brooklyn Bridge Rushmore Liberty Mythological Creatures: A Classical Bestiary Trains