Start by marking “Imzadi Forever (Star Trek) (Omnibus: Imzadi/Imzadi II)” as Want to Read:
Imzadi Forever (Star Trek) (Omnibus: Imzadi/Imzadi II)

Imzadi Forever (Star Trek) (Star Trek: The Next Generation: Imzadi #1-2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  356 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Imzadi: to the people of the planet Betazed, including Counselor Deanna Troi of the Starship Enterprise, it means "beloved" and denotes that which can never be truly broken.

Yet to whom does Deanna's heart truly belong?

Commander William Riker was the first Deanna called Imzadi. Long before they served together on board the Enterprise, they shared a tempestuous love affa

Published December 2nd 2003 by Pocket Books/Star Trek

To ask other readers questions about Imzadi Forever (Star Trek), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imzadi Forever (Star Trek)

Gods of Night by David MackZero Sum Game by David MackCaretaker by L.A. GrafQ-In-Law by Peter DavidSurvivors by Jean Lorrah
Star Trek Novels
7th out of 38 books — 4 voters
Imzadi by Peter DavidSpock's World by Diane DuaneUhura's Song by Janet KaganYesterday's Son by A.C. CrispinEnterprise by Vonda N. McIntyre
Best Star Trek Books
190th out of 246 books — 170 voters

More lists with this book...

Shannon
Prior to some thorough research (alright, maybe 10-15 minutes worth), I sought the reviews for the original Imzadi book which were mostly positive and thought, "Well, how bad could Imzadi II be?" After comprehending that Imzadi II was not a sequel to the first, I decided that this Signature Edition book should be the first novel of Star Trek [TNG] I should read. Comprised of Imzadi & Imzadi II, the 400+ pages of, well... Imzadi, was indeed a good read. I found that the back-cover of the book ...more
Charles LePage
Almost earned five stars

Imzadi definitely deserves five stars; Imzadi II doesn't shine as bright as its predecessor, but Peter David explains why it doesn't work as a sequel, and it is a pretty good book on its own merits.
Lisa
James
Great classic Roddenberry-Era TNG novel. Delves into the previously untold story of Riker and Deanna's meeting and subsequent life-long love, all while being told from a 70 year old Riker's point of view. Some good parts with Picard and Data as well.
Angela
Oh my goodness, shame on Peter David. He turned one of the cutest couples (Riker/Troi) from one of the most progressive sci fi shows out there (The Next Generation) into a pair of flat, one-dimensional characters out of some steamy, B-grade bodice ripper. What's most annoying is how stupidly regressive this is: capable Troi suddenly becomes a helpless damsel in distress; Riker's not much better than some beefy ape using his physical brawn to save her. And the entire Betazoid culture becomes a la ...more
Ian
Loved these books although I don't think the second 1 was as good as the first. Recommended!
Katie Buerk
Imzadi 1 was a 5* but Imzadi 2 was barely a 1* so I gave it a 3*
Scott Gilbert
The wedding scene is what made this book good.
I was impressed how well Peter David was able to weave so many timelines together in Imzadi I. Like everyone else I felt Imzadi I was better than Imzadi II, but they were very different stories and both well written in their own right and I appreciated that in the end it was a story about survival and disappointment, but also about growing and overcoming and becoming someone better. It seemed interesting that in the end it was more of a story about Worf than anyone. I truly enjoyed it.
Nicole
This contains Imzadi and Imzadi 2, and the only reason I rated it 5 stars is because it's got both books together.
To be honest, Imzadi was the very first Star Trek book I read and I loved it way too much. The second book wasn't as good, but I liked the idea of both together.

It's bookcrossed, I think Bluesman is borrowing it. I have a few books to read for him, too. LOL.

Great book and I like that it's a trade because it's a lot easier to find off the shelf, LOL...
Jess Saxton
The first Imzadi novel was wonderful. I love the relationship built between Riker and Troi, the lengths he went to because of his love for her as her Imzadi.

That being said, Peter David didn't even want to write Imzadi II and I thought it showed. The story wasn't anywhere as good as the original. The only thing I liked about it was how he explained how Worf and Troi's relationship ended, for those of us who cared.

Get Imzadi, don't bother with II.
Linda
This is basically a story of Troi and her two main relationships. Imzadi is between her and Will. Imzadi II between her and Worf. Both were good stories. I really enjoyed Imzadi, I like Imzadi II. Something about the way Imzadi II was written was just too much, but the story was good.
Lisa
Imzadi II: Triangle was not as good as Imzadi but I liked them both. The author is definitely a fan of STAR TREK. This is the first STAR TREK book I've read. I liked it so much I'll now read ENTERPRISE that my brother suggested a while ago.
Janet Bullock
Wonderful story that fills in the gap between the destruction of the USS Enterprise-D and the beginning of Star Trek First Contact. Fills in many blanks concerning the triangle of Riker, Troi, and WORF. A real page-turner for Trek fans!!
SA
Oct 31, 2010 SA rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Is it sad or awesome that I love this book as much now as I did when I was fourteen? Either way it was delightful to re-read the story of Troi and Riker all over again. Love. Great prelude to reading the Titan series for the first time.
Jan 09, 2013 Sarah added it
Shelves: on-kindle
This is the Imzadi version I read that has both Imzadi 1 and 2 packaged together. Read the Kindle version.
Chloe
Apr 02, 2012 Chloe added it
Shelves: star-trek
I prefered Imzadi I to Imzadi II.
Daniel Tinnirello
Daniel Tinnirello marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Dan J
Dan J added it
Jun 29, 2015
Berdetta
Berdetta is currently reading it
Jun 12, 2015
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Celia
Celia marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
  • Q-Zone (Star Trek: The Next Generation #48; The Q Continuum, #2)
  • A Time for War, A Time for Peace (Star Trek, the Next Generation)
  • Requiem (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #32)
  • A Time to Sow (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Rogue (Star Trek: Section 31, #2)
  • A Time to Heal (Star Trek: The Next Generation: Time, #8)
  • Blaze of Glory (Star Trek: The Next Generation #34)
  • Federation
  • Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
  • The Devil's Heart (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Vulcan's Forge
  • Debtors' Planet (Star Trek: The Next Generation #30)
  • The Star Trek Encyclopedia
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to humo
More about Peter David...

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Imzadi (2 books)
  • Imzadi (Star Trek the Next Generation)
  • Imzadi II: Triangle (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
Imzadi (Star Trek the Next Generation) Q-Squared X-Factor: The Longest Night Q-In-Law (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #18) Artful