Frognapped (Araminta Spookie, #3)

Frognapped (Araminta Spook #3)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  461 ratings  ·  37 reviews
When something's amiss in Spookie House, there's usually only one person to blame -- Araminta. But this time she had nothing to do with the disappearance of Barry Wizzard's frogs, and she is determined to find them. Of course, it's not going to be that easy, especially when dealing with a crazy character named Old Morris, a dangerous shark, and a demanding aquarium show au...more
Published June 1st 2007 by Katherine Tegen Books (first published 2006)

Migdalia
Feb 13, 2012 Migdalia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children 9-10 who like kooky adventures
Shelves: children
If something's missing or things just aren't right, usually Araminta has something to do with it; so, it's only natural that Mr. Wizzard comes looking for Araminta when he can't find his acrobatic frogs. This time, though, she had nothing to do with their disappearance, but she's determined to find out who did - and her first suspect is Uncle Drac's physical therapist, Nurse Watkins. Just where does she go every day, and why is one of her stops the mushroom farm of Morris FitzMaurice - the grump...more
Dolly
Oct 28, 2012 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the third book in the Araminta Spookie series by Angie Sage. I discovered this book at our local library and thought it might be a fun, spooky read for our oldest. She loved it and has read through the entire series very quickly. Now I'm just trying to catch up.

This story centers on Araminta and Wanda's efforts to rescue Barry's stolen frogs and recover Sir Horace's lost treasure chest. The story is entertaining and exciting. It's an easy read and I really enjoyed reading it. I'm lookin...more
Keeley ABibliophilesJourney
Frognapped In book three of the Araminta Spookie series, Araminta is accused of misplacing Barry Wizzard's (Wanda's father) circus frogs. He has five frogs that can perform a bunch of tricks and now they have gone missing. Araminta is immediately blamed for anything that goes wrong in Spookie House, so instead of fighting against Barry she decides to set off to find the frogs and bring them back. Little did she know that that would require her to break into Morris FitzMaurice's property to do so...more
Kendrick
Kendrickshao 4/21/10
Frognapped: by Angie sage
This book was about a girl named Araminta and a girl named Wendy and they live together but they are not family. In the book there is also person named Barry he lives in the same house as Araminta and he trains his frogs to do acrobatics but, one day Barry’s frogs had gone missing so Barry right away said “Araminta where did you put my frogs.” So then Araminta and Wendy started up their own little detective agency to find those frogs. When Araminta...more
Ana
Araminta Spookie dan sidekicknya, Wanda Wizzard sedang dalam misi: menemukan kodok-kodok akrobat milik Barry Wizzard, ayah Wanda Wizzard. Misi detektif itu mereka telusuri sungguh-sungguh, sampai-sampai Araminta dan Wanda harus menghadapi berbagai macam hal berikut:
1. hampir dimakan ikan hiu di laut
2. menyelinap ke dalam tenda sirkus yang aneh
3. turun ke dalam sebuah ruangan bawah tanah yang ternyata di dalamnya ada suara tanpa wujud!
dan lain-lain..

dibantu oleh hantu berbaju zirah yang setia, Si...more
Mindy
Summary:
Usually Araminta gets blamed when something's amiss in Spookie House. But this time she had nothing to do with the disappearance of Barry Wizzard's frogs, and she is determined to find them. It's not going to be that easy, especially when dealing with a crazy character named Old Morris, a dangerous shark, and a demanding aquarium show audience. Can Araminta find the frogs and steal the show?

Review:
Of course I liked this one - it contains frogs!!
Sheila Ruth
Frognapped is a really cute and fun book for elementary-age readers. It's book 3 of a series, but it works just fine without having read the first two. Araminta's hijinks are amusing and evoke the imaginative play of elementary kids. The humorous and lightly gothic illustrations by Jimmy Pickering perfectly complement the text.
Robert
Araminta Spook, having been a ghost-hunter and a Birthday Present Questor in the first and second volumes of the series, respectively, this time becomes a Private Dectective. She has her own sidekick in the shape of Wanda and the pair attempt to solve the mystery of the frognapped...frogs! Much amusing chaos ensues.
Brooks Jones
Another charming entry in this series. I especially enjoyed the funny ending, and the thought of Sir Horace in the shark suit is just delightful.
Mandyfujita
A nice mystery to find out where Barry's acrobatic frogs are. Araminta Spookie and her new friend Wanda Wizzard are both involved in finding Barry find his 5 frogs. Old Morris and Nurse Watkins are prime suspects. A more complicated plot than the previous two books. Very enjoyable.
Samantha
Ariminta's BFFs dad is wondering who stole his frigs. whenever anything is missing in Spookie house, they always blame Ariminta. well, her BFF and her go on a hunt for the frogs, but do they find them? or did something bigger eat them for breakfast.....
Beth A.
I read this one out loud to Little Miss as part of her bedtime stories. (Legomeister plowed through it in what seemed like half an hour.) It was fun to read, light but interesting with quite a few funny spots. Little Miss loves it.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
*Queen Diva*
As usually, really liked it! All the same praises I've give for the other Araminta books I give to this one too! And my students really loved this series. They're really bummed we don't have time to read the 4th and 5th ones too.
Bill Tillman
I want to be ten again and hang with Uncle Drac. Araminta Spookie, solves the case of the missing frogs, does a WaterWonderland show. A ghost shark finds a treasure and so much more. A octopus and fish hat become a big hit.
Rachel
I only gave this book four stars even though I loved it because it was a bit of a set up for other books after it. We do love this series so much we ordered Books 3-5 because the library did not have them.
Emily
this book also is great! i love how the author keeps having new personalities for each character and how it proves that no one is exactly the same and you can be friends with them anyway.
Kevin Fanning
These books are really fun. Kinnell is super into them. As am I. I really dig Araminta. I don't totally get whether Uncle Drac is supposed to be an actual vampire? But whatever! Fun!
Ariana Lane
I liked it at first but after a little bit it was a little boring. I did not like it that much because it was mean that Barry to assume that ariminta took his froges
Arra Abella
Mar 06, 2013 Arra Abella rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kids and all the kids at heart
It was a cute read but the story was just fine. Despite that, I really like how Angie Sage maintains the humor and adventure in her books. It was still enjoyable.
Vaibhav
it is a very nice book, it is very interesting to read and it is full of suspense
Priscilla Delmoral
It was a very good book. I liked the mystery. I am going to read the others now.
Cierra Branch
I think this book is great you will like it even if you have a good imagination!!!!!!!!!
Gellért
Je trouve que c'est intéréssant et il y a des aventure dificile.
Brittany
it was nice to finally know what happened to the frogs
Ariana
Regan and I are having a lot of fun reading this series.
Haven
A cute series, perfect for a new readers.
  • Ghostly Guardian (The Demon Isle Witches, #1)
  • Pure Dead Wicked (Pure Dead, #2)
  • Snake and Lizard
  • The Wooden Mile (Something Wickedly Weird #1)
  • Adventure According to Humphrey
  • The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)
  • The Last Enchanter
  • Over My Dead Body (43 Old Cemetery Road, #2)
  • Rare Beasts (Edgar & Ellen, #1)
  • Sun Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #2)
  • Gruffen (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #1)
  • Shadow Spell
  • The Curse of the Thrax (Bloodsword Trilogy, Book 1)
  • The Monster's Ring (Magic Shop, #1)
  • Unhappily Ever After (The Librarian, #2)
  • The Violet Fairy Book
  • Mark of the Dragon Queen
  • The Dragon of the Dolomites
Angie Sage (born 1952) is the author of the Septimus Heap series which includes Magyk, Flyte, Physik, Queste, Syren, Darke and Fyre, the final book which is scheduled to come out later in 2013. Also, she wrote The Magykal Papers, an additional book with extra information about Septimus' world. She is also the illustrator and/or writer of many children's books, and is the new writer of the Araminta...more
More about Angie Sage...
Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1) Flyte (Septimus Heap, #2) Physik (Septimus Heap, #3) Queste (Septimus Heap, #4) Syren (Septimus Heap, #5)