Start by marking “Motherhood: The Guilt That Keeps on Giving” as Want to Read:
Motherhood: The Guilt That Keeps on Giving

Motherhood: The Guilt That Keeps on Giving

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Bestselling author of "She's Gonna Blow" Julie Ann Barnhill explores how little and big guilt in a woman's life can keep her from experiencing motherhood with joy. With her trademark honesty and humor, she eases women down from the top of "Mount Guiltmore" and into the freedom to be their own unique brand of mom by acknowledging the things they "don't "have guilt over and ...more
Published February 1st 2006 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Motherhood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motherhood

Serena
I felt like this book really tried to make you feel like you were doing good things. The fact there were so many negative words like (didn't) and (can't)and (shouldn't) I thought I can make my own list and switch the phrase around thanI will feel like a good mom who does her very best but somtimes will make mistakes. overall I'm sure there are better books out there for parents and mothers.
Angie
Part of me thought this was a little too light and fluffy for my taste, but then towards the end I found some really valuable stuff. Also, I think maybe I have a better grip on motherhood guilt than I realized b/c a lot of this was stuff I already do and have incorporated into my thought processes, etc. A good read, and really got me thinking at the end about trust and forgiveness and grace versus a punitive or protective approach.
Emarr99aol.com
It's ok. Not nearly as meaty as I was hoping. A few good applicable thoughts. I largely breezed through this book. Mountain hiking metaphor got overdone. Not as much Biblical reference/discussion as I was expecting either. She admittedly started out for years as a terrible mother. Overall I was disappointed.
Elizabeth
I really liked this book. I have alot of guilt about alot of things so it really helped me see what I did and did not need to feel guilty about and what I should do about it. I would recommend it to any mom, even if you don't have guilt, it just gives some great ideas/helps.
Margaret
Julie Ann Barnhill is hilarious! She's a real mom who not only gives helpful mom advice but makes you laugh while doing it. I really enjoyed this book.
Ml Herman
Some really good advice, but it seemed a little like she was trying to meet a page quota by rambling a bit.
Libby Manship
Libby Manship marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Donna Cantrell
Donna Cantrell marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Amber Chapais
Amber Chapais marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Kathy Crossland thomas
Kathy Crossland thomas is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2014
Janel
Janel marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Andi Trautman
Andi Trautman marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Crystal Arcand
Crystal Arcand marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
She's Gonna Blow! One Tough Mother: 10 No-Guilt Ways to Stand Firm and Be the Mom Scandalous Grace Radical Forgiveness: It's Time to Wipe Your Slate Clean! Raising Kids with Love and Limits