Start by marking “Escape from Earth: New Adventures in Space” as Want to Read:
Escape from Earth: New Adventures in Space

Escape from Earth: New Adventures in Space

Imagine a world where interplanetary travel isnat just possibleaitas commonplace. Human beings have terraformed Mars. You can reach into another dimension through a wormhole. The virtual world can be the only place where you exist, because you donat have a body. The possibilities are endless. Escape from Earth, inspired by Robert Heinleinas ajuveniles, a featuring stories ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Science Fiction Book Club

To ask other readers questions about Escape from Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape from Earth

M
Jun 19, 2011 M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a pretty good anthology of YA science fiction stories. Most of them were pretty good, especially the first three. Incarnation Day was also very interesting, and while I'd read it before, it was fun to read it again. The Orson Scott Card story feels kinda out of place in that it deals with travel between universes rather than travel in space. It's also the exact same thing as the version published as a separate book, minus illustrations. The only story I didn't like was the Joe Haldeman s ...more
Bart Everson
Sep 24, 2012 Bart Everson rated it liked it
Shelves: octavia-sf
Another young adult anthology, edited by the same folks who did Wizards: Magical Tales From the Masters of Modern Fantasy, only with a broad theme of travel in space. (I don't ordinarily read "young adult" fiction, nor was I aware of how well-defined this category has become, but these two books were selected by my club.) Of the two I thought this one was superior. The stories are longer, fewer, and better. They are written in frank imitation of the old science fiction "juveniles" by authors suc ...more
M.i.
Jul 10, 2016 M.i. rated it liked it
This book is too hit or miss for me.

There were no stand out stories per se, at least not as far as I am concerned, but there were some that were extremely well written even though they did not resonate with me.
Ryun
Jul 31, 2010 Ryun rated it liked it
escape from earth reviewIf I only could give one reason why the Science Fiction Book Club rocks, I’d have to go with the exclusive anthologies it cranks out. They’re huge, dense volumes put together by the best editors in the field.

More: http://www.bookgasm.com/reviews/sci-f...
Craig
May 25, 2008 Craig rated it really liked it
This is a superior anthology of youth-oriented stories. The title story is an excellent work by Allen Steele, and I was also quite taken by excellent stories by Elizabeth Moon, Kage Baker, and Geoffrey Landis. The last story in the book is actually the first section of a novel by Joe Haldeman.
Tony
Aug 23, 2012 Tony rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, for the most part. There were several stories that didn't do much for me, but a couple that did a lot: one by Joe Haldeman and the other by Elizabeth Moon, both at the back of the book, so I'm glad I made it through to the end.
JC
Jan 11, 2011 JC rated it really liked it
This was a fun little read of several Science Fiction authors' short stories. It's written for teens, yet has that hard-sci-fi feel, with most of the adventures taking place in our solar system.
Murray
Jul 21, 2011 Murray rated it really liked it
All the stories in the collection are really good. I wished they were all longer!
Jessica
Apr 01, 2009 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Fantastic sci-fi short stories with teenage lead characters. excellent book.
Oct 31, 2009 Jennifer marked it as to-read
Camila
Camila added it
Sep 09, 2016
Douglas
Douglas is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Kev Munoz
Kev Munoz marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Travis Heermann
Travis Heermann rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Kei
Kei marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Necropyromancer
Necropyromancer rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
B Holl
B Holl marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Caleb
Caleb marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Alan
Alan added it
Apr 24, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jan 02, 2016
Bella Funnypie
Bella Funnypie marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015