Start by marking “There Once Was a Very Odd School” as Want to Read:
There Once Was a Very Odd School

There Once Was a Very Odd School

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Just in time for back-to-school book bags, here is a collection of limericks about a very unusual school. From the superjock who is so shy he can barely say hello to the weird teacher whose students are mysteriously turning into statues, readers will laugh themselves silly at all the fun that makes up one very odd school year.
Published July 22nd 2004 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about There Once Was a Very Odd School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There Once Was a Very Odd School

Talisa Timms
This poetry book is a fun and silly way to show children how to write limerick poems. It can also be used to show different emotions. Each page includes a character and their feelings; whether sad, nervous, happy, or shy. Students can easily find a poem that relates to their lives.
Randy Imwalle
There once was a book by Stephen . . . Just kidding - this is a school-themed book of limericks for 7 to 12 year olds. There are several very nice limericks, and one or two clunky ones that I could not get to sound proper to my ear. However, my biggest complaint (and it is not really a complaint) is that it is too short!
Emily
I really loved this book! The rhyming text is catchy and funny and I caught myself reading each page the same way! I like that it's not written with one main character and that each page seems to be a different character's feelings. Very cute!
Mindi
Mindi added it
Feb 15, 2013
Carol
Carol added it
Jun 08, 2010
How Santa Got His Job Big Bad Wolves at School I Am So Brave! The Last Christmas Tree Chaucer's First Winter